What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflower Mentor

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let us know what you think of the smoke :)

The best time to tuck leaves is during the post sex/stretch stage, as you can have some influence in shaping how you want the plant to be.

80 days seems reasonable, i'm not an outdoor man at present but temps/weather could have slowed them some?

Get some more going for a september harvest? :)

fenomeno_djo

Oh, definitely ! The weather in the first 3 weeks was all around the clock cloudy and rainy:moon:, you got to have some good luck growing outdoors :ying:(or a spot on 1 month forecast ahaha) especially in the first weeks of life. I measured the LR, it has about 22 inches(55cm) and from what i've read from other autogrower's diaries, 30 inches + is a very good height. I'm happy with 22, especially from the "lost" first 3 weeks (not lost per say, cuz i used a 30 w cfl during that interval)

I can't stay away from the smell, man! It's so fruity, i feel like throwing away the oranges and bananas from the kitchen table and replace them with the whole cannabis plant :D Guess what we're having for desert, kids ? LOWRYDER BROWNIES !! hahaha Can't have enough good dreams, yes ? lolol
By the way, i've seen some THC bug deaths - lucky bastards :biggrin:

I'm not sure what my plans are for this summer, but sure I wish a september harvest! I mean, I could be doing the experiment grow with the Lowryder pair
I'm going to do the smoke report soon enough - a couple of days left from chop chop day - then 1 week or less of drying cuz the weather now is so freakin' hot!!!

Is there an autoflowering grow guide somewhere ? It sure could come in handy

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i started one for indoor, and have been meaning to finish it off, but it's hard to get a few hours to myself sometimes.

I've never grown LR2, but from all accounts it's pretty decent :)

If you've got some seeds to play with then get them popped!

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
I have a Green Poison Auto outdoor in a 15 l bucket, was a little small before I transplanted her but now it's growing like crazy. It's 32 days old, it showed sex a week ago, and now it started growing little branches. What do you think, Mitch, should I tie her down a little bit, even if she started showing preflowers a week ago ? The stem is still flexible. Peace, HJ.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi man, what is your main aims for tying down?

Yield? Or Stealth or both?

Give us a few pictures if you can, But it sounds to me like the timing would be right to give this ago, I haven't grown that AF but outdoor seems to slow the process depending on your conditions.

If it is now starting to branch and stretching/growing rapidly through this preflowering stage, it is the time to do it :) , aslong as buds aren't too far into development and the growth has halted, you have time to play!

billgee

It took awhile to finally convince those in power here to give us a Autoflower subsection and later I was chosen to be the Mod for the AF area and now we have our first AF Mentor. ( Not that the Mentor cannot help in other areas but to have one that hangs in the AF area is all the better. )

Please look to Mitch_Connor for help and guidance.

I am trying to reach the moderator of the Autoflowering subForum.
For no reason I can understand, My PM is 100% full and I cannot send any PMs. I am and have been a member of ICM for a while. I grow Automatics exclusively. I would appreciate your help in letting somebody know somewhere that my PMs dont work and to sign me up for the Autoflower subForum. I also would like to start a Grow Diary here but there are a number of places they can be started and it gets confusing
:tiphat:

Attachments

• DSCN4086.jpg
    DSCN4086.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN4089.jpg
    DSCN4089.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 21

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Hi man, what is your main aims for tying down?
Yield? Or Stealth or both?
Give us a few pictures if you can, But it sounds to me like the timing would be right to give this ago, I haven't grown that AF but outdoor seems to slow the process depending on your conditions.
To be honest, yield... I started to see preflowers on these little branches and I want to maximise yield. Unfortunately I can't take any pics soon. I'll decide tomorow what to do with it. Thanks Mitch

Last edited:

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It took awhile to finally convince those in power here to give us a Autoflower subsection and later I was chosen to be the Mod for the AF area and now we have our first AF Mentor. ( Not that the Mentor cannot help in other areas but to have one that hangs in the AF area is all the better. )

Please look to Mitch_Connor for help and guidance.

I am trying to reach the moderator of the Autoflowering subForum.
For no reason I can understand, My PM is 100% full and I cannot send any PMs. I am and have been a member of ICM for a while. I grow Automatics exclusively. I would appreciate your help in letting somebody know somewhere that my PMs dont work and to sign me up for the Autoflower subForum. I also would like to start a Grow Diary here but there are a number of places they can be started and it gets confusing
:tiphat:

You are limited to a couple of PM's in your in/outbox until you reach 50 posts, then a lot more features become unlocked to you.

You should start a grow diary in this forum though, plants look good :)

billgee

Please look to Mitch_Connor for help and guidance. :tiphat:

WTG Mitch...

S_a_H
Who are you?
Whats going on
Who is Mitch _Conner?
What is a mentor?
Im relatively new here

billgee

To be honest, yield... I started to see preflowers on these little branches and I want to maximise yield. Unfortunately I can't take any pics soon. I'll decide tomorow what to do with it. Thanks Mitch

Who is Husky Jackal?
Who is he talking to.
Why did the system take me here?

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool husky, keep us updated on what you decide to do,
I just wanted pictures in order to make a better assesment of where it's at.

You could just tie the plant slightly to open it out to maximise the smaller branches and buds, or tie it down fully for an even canopy.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who is Husky Jackal?
Who is he talking to.
Why did the system take me here?

1) He is another member of the forum.

2) Mitch Conner, because they were talking earlier in the thread.

3) I do not know what you clicked on to get you here.

You do need 50 posts before you can PM.

S_a_H

billgee

joining

joining

1) .

S_a_H

I am apparently talking to S_a_H now who I was told was moderator of this thread. I am familiar with grower's forums. I have never seen a 50 message minimum for sending messages and communicating with other members. I dont know how Ill ever reach 50 and talk to others in the forum. Its like you have removed my main means of communication with other members of the forum. I joined several months ago while on another forum. I watched the responses and thought I would like the growers here. Now when I want to talk- on a forum, I must join again even if it takes days to find the Moderator. It seems as if you have enough members and dont want any more. I finally found S_-a_- h but was then assigned to mitch conner but I never met him. It makes me question this forum.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need 4 more posts mate, and you are at 50 posts and can PM as freely as you need.

SAH is the moderator, and he made me an icmag mentor as I post a lot in the Auto forum.

This is a thread for people to post questions that need help with their grows, or want to ask something Autoflower related. I check in here to specifically answer those questions if I can

billgee

SO now its mitch the mentor not moderator
It says michigan, you say mate thats australian
Like I said
Where am I

J

joejusttyped

^^ dude youre not assigned to any one. Ask what you have to ask and hope it gets answered, this is an open forum you dont need to speak privately with a single member. shit or get off the pot, youre asking strange questions.

billgee

I am not assigned to anyone according to joejustyped
I dont know what that means.
I wanted to start a grow diary but they are in other forums

Rambro

ive got a question, and im sure a lot of people might chime in but im only looking for unbiased answers. the first couple grows ive done were autoflowers, and now im doing a grow of regular plants. with modern autoflowers and regular cannabis plants, is there still a huge if any proven difference in the thc levels? i know a lot of people say autos dont compare but i havent gotten a real chance to compare yet since my plants have another 2-3 weeks until harvest. im thinking of coming back to the autoflowering side of things so i can simplify this and kinda use it as a perpetual grow without needing 2 grow boxes. thanks all