What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflower Buyers Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imhotep

Not sure if anyone's mentioned them before, but..

DieselRyder
- A cross of LR2 and NYC Diesel. Grew several of these a couple of years ago. Fairly heavy yielders and very healthy plants, but a truly horrible smoke.

I'm not sure if I did anything wrong (I doubt it, as I've had no problem with LR2s/easy ryders/etc. using the same method), but the DR was the most unpleasant, stoney, headache-inducing smoke I've ever grown. I'm sure it wasn't fungus or anything else that led to this (never had a problem with fungus) - it just wasn't very good. Just my 10 cents.

C

cheesey

be carefull with paradise seeds vertago not all of them are auto .
took over 4 weeks to show sex and didnt flower under 18/6
sent them a email and got told to fuck off.

Piel

Veteran
Imhotep: DR has been a pretty potent smoke and a very good yielder. I do a lot of dry sifting so that might be worth trying if your having problems with the high.

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
This is my last post on the subject as I hate sullying this thread with largely irrelevant banter, though I feel I must defend myself against this most recent 'argument'.
I would also like to establish that I have no negative feelings towards the Iranian genetics or its breeder in any form.
Simply because you believe people shouldn't call their plants autoflowers unless their infected with ruderalis genetics doesn't mean everybody agrees with you.

I had never said that a plant is only an auto if it contains ruderalis (though at this time it is the only known source of the true autoflowering trait) only that a plant must meet the criteria which has been established. In this case that is the ability to flower regardless of light cycle, this is a characteristic known as daylight neutral, a quality which exist outside of the cannabis community. Although everyone may not agree with this, those in the scientific community certainly do; an assessment which is far more accurate than your definition of autoflowers.

I find your attitude towards ruderalis disturbing, you use words like infected to describe the presence of these genes. This shows a profound lack of knowledge and/or appreciation of breeding. Take apples for example, until recently apples were practically inedible, through selective breeding we have created countless variates of edible apples. Now let us imagine that their exist a visually stunning blue apple which is undesirable for human consumption, yet, through selective breeding we are able to take the trait for blue apples and apply it to a delicious Granny Smith. We now have a completely edible blue apple, would you consume it or would you condemn it for its genetic relation to the previously undesirable variety?

This scenario can be directly applied to autoflowers with ruderalis genetics. Given a similar level of selective breeding we could create a variety which shares only the autoflowering trait with its ruderalis ancestor. Given this situation I ask the exact same question:

Would you consume it or would you condemn it for its genetic relation to the previously undesirable variety?

Last edited:

All my posts on this subject have been deleted by the powers that be, while you seem to be allowed to have a final say on the matter. I'm not going to take part in a discussion where underhand tactics like that are used. So good day to you.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Can we all please start acting like adults and talk about the topic at hand? I came to this thread to get information about autoflowers, the places to get them and the strains that are awesome. If you disagree with or are offended by someone then just ignore them and carry on.

grovestshawty

Im about to order some sour60 seeds this week, but I saw that the joint dr. has a new auto out called chronic ryder. Anyone heard anything about this auto.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I saw some very nice Autos yesterday, AK, Maxi, Critical, indoors, looking at between 80 and 140g on each plant. Another friend has some AK and Maxis I should be able to grab and post some photos of, they are meant to be looking really good.

Last edited:

gsmoked

Good Auto Strains

Good Auto Strains

:thank you::laughing:i have been growing for a few yars now and loved growing autos , from experience the brst ones i have grown are ak47 blueberry from dutch passion and also road runner number 2 from dina fem , if you looking for quality these three are very potent strains. However the ak47 out yeilds them i would say :) hope this helps . GSMOKED

angel4us

ICMag Donor
sour sixty from mdanzig seeds is very nice tasting and very potent... sour snow which is on server fund right now is sour bubble x snow ryder ..... very potent also nice tight buds but watch for mold if dealing with humidity with the sour 60 -such huge fat buds they can mold and from inside out so when they go ,with old eyes , by the time ya see it its to late ....
soon sour snow x sour sixty on server fund ;)

raz1012

What I would like to do would be to consolidate some of the reviews on this page and bring them to the front page to make it quicker to filter.

G

greenpharmd

Iranian Autoflower Review

I started it in February and let it veg inside. I put it outside at the end of March. It is the biggest auto I have ever grown. I took clones off of it, but only one survived due to my lack of watering. The surviving clone took off like a rocket though. There were a lot of bud sites and the yield is good. I don't have any specifics about yield because I don't have a balance to weigh the bud. The smell is nice, kind of a skunky spice. When dried the bud smells the same but has hints of lemon and liquorice. I vaped it and the flavor was awesome. Smoking it in my bong was a little longer duration high but the taste was not as nice as it was in the vape. The high is mostly a body high. Kinda couch locks you!
The only real compaint that I have is that this is not a very frosty strain. It is the largest and most potent auto I have ever grown, but it is the least frosty. I think it would be good to cross it with Cannaventure's Jazz Berry Jam or BOG's Sour Bubble to up the resin and add make it even tastier. I bet it would also be neat to cross it with C-99 to add a little more sativa type effects to the high. All in all this is a great strain and I would suggest it to anyone who is interested. The price is a little high but it is well worth it in my opinion. Hope this is helpful to those considering this strain.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I've now raised out 5 of Paradise Seed's Vertigo.

picture.php

picture.php

Vertigo is a very resinous and vigorous auto. The aroma is a bit lemony from the jar and a bit like a rotten lemon after being lit up. The high is a very potent indica high.

I got about a QP of very solid frosty buds.

I won't grow Vertigo again because of her taste. I did make some crosses with Hashplant hoping to add better taste and more up compared to the somewhat sedative smoke of the autoflower.

Just bought a pack of Lowryder Kush from a festival. I believe it is a custom blend from a long time grower, but would like to know if anyone has heard of this cross before. Looking forward to having some time, and more space, to run this one out...will be my first attempt at an AF strain and a kush. peace n love

Lucky 7

FYI

I finished 2 Iranian Autos & they cured about 3 weeks; had results similar to Greenpharmed: great smooth taste, not so much trichrom laden, veged for 6wks under 24/hr then set out. They flowered quickly, got about 7 oz altogether.

Potent! Nice rolling wave: O! I'm high as F*%* ! . . . . no, no just chillin . . . . then climb another wave before surfing down the other side, leaving me dazed & confused . . . then no, I'm good as I set, relaxing in the trough. . . right before the next big roller hits; very nice nighttime smoke. Have a bed handy, lol

G

greenpharmd

FYI

I finished 2 Iranian Autos & they cured about 3 weeks; had results similar to Greenpharmed: great smooth taste, not so much trichrom laden, veged for 6wks under 24/hr then set out. They flowered quickly, got about 7 oz altogether.

Potent! Nice rolling wave: O! I'm high as F*%* ! . . . . no, no just chillin . . . . then climb another wave before surfing down the other side, leaving me dazed & confused . . . then no, I'm good as I set, relaxing in the trough. . . right before the next big roller hits; very nice nighttime smoke. Have a bed handy, lol

Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.