What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

Ksaderfo

I don't know if you seen this in Orfea's post but I'm growing one of these too and it seems its going pretty much the same..

Mine is also showing sex... Btw even some of my photo dependant once did that and even smaller then this one.. Every time something new happens.. :biggrin:

I don't even need to LST it.. F'in wind is doing it by it self...

That's from last week, it's a bit bigger now.. maybe another row of leaves.

I also kinda overwatered it once.. As for transplants I read everybody saying that you should not and just go for the final pots.. So I just placed it in the 25l fabric pot directly from the little black pot where it sprouted..

It was kinda stuck for a while, then some leaves, and now its going kinda fast.. It seems to like the sun alot actually... But maybe not too much water..

Mine seems to dislike too much heat too.. These bends on the leaves look a bit like heat stress..

attachment.php

orfeas

Veteran
I don't know if you seen this in Orfea's post but I'm growing one of these too and it seems its going pretty much the same..

Mine is also showing sex... Btw even some of my photo dependant once did that and even smaller then this one.. Every time something new happens.. :biggrin:

I don't even need to LST it.. F'in wind is doing it by it self...

That's from last week, it's a bit bigger now.. maybe another row of leaves.

I also kinda overwatered it once.. As for transplants I read everybody saying that you should not and just go for the final pots.. So I just placed it in the 25l fabric pot directly from the little black pot where it sprouted..

It was kinda stuck for a while, then some leaves, and now its going kinda fast.. It seems to like the sun alot actually... But maybe not too much water..

Mine seems to dislike too much heat too.. These bends on the leaves look a bit like heat stress..

View Image

Now you're talking! Nice seedling doing pretty well :)

As for my thread, it did take you a while to suss out that few (not a few) people find my flowery language agreable and therefore you stand a much greater chance to be read here and get some feedback... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Ksaderfo

Now you're talking! Nice seedling doing pretty well

Iiis it..? :biggrin:

[YOUTUBEIF]zV1zK8zRCPo[/YOUTUBEIF]

As for my thread, it did take you a while to suss out that few (not a few) people find my flowery language agreable and therefore you stand a much greater chance to be read here and get some feedback... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Riiight... :biggrin:

[YOUTUBEIF]BFzPxapAXJk[/YOUTUBEIF]

Heeeey It's out again... I might post some pictures later... Peace Ninjas!! :thank you:

G

'Sup guys.

Around 24 days ,gals are struggling a bit from my negligent ways...No fresh air in room(28 Celcius,90 % rh :microwave:,causing some fungus like rust spots,I've had them again,I'll fix that ),accidentally left 24/0 light schedule(explains the dwarf bush).

I will try and get them out today(If not today ,tomorrow,I promise :tongue:),wanna spray some spinosad for thrips and some abamectin for mites,won't be harvesting in less than 8-10 weeks anyway...

Last night I top dressed with some vermicompost and gave them less than 1 ml /l biogrow and EM-A and foliar fed with some seaweed.

I had to train the two smaller ones,too to improve airflow and light distribution.Were they photo sensitive,I would have plucked most of them leaves already.

4PkMce1.jpg
VbzTHMe.jpg

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
'Sup guys.

Around 24 days ,gals are struggling a bit from my negligent ways...No fresh air in room(28 Celcius,90 % rh :microwave:,causing some fungus like rust spots,I've had them again,I'll fix that ),accidentally left 24/0 light schedule(explains the dwarf bush).

I will try and get them out today(If not today ,tomorrow,I promise :tongue:),wanna spray some spinosad for thrips and some abamectin for mites,won't be harvesting in less than 8-10 weeks anyway...

Last night I top dressed with some vermicompost and gave them less than 1 ml /l biogrow and EM-A and foliar fed with some seaweed.

I had to train the two smaller ones,too to improve airflow and light distribution.Were they photo sensitive,I would have plucked most of them leaves already.

View ImageView Image

24h ? Give them cal/mag . Rust spots are deficiencies .
Always 1 part mg for 2 part cal .

Calcium deficiency . I hope it helps !

Cheers

G

Hi bro!I gave them some cal mag 4 days ago.I'll give some more in a couple days.The rust spots resembled this https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8091676&postcount=912 but not that severe.Im am sure more of an issue of bad conditions.
But she does need some food and some cal/mag as you said for sure,the worm castings will help ,too.

I took them to the greenhouse,at dawn they'll be facing sun for the first time. :thank you:

orfeas

Veteran
Oye cavronito, were I in your shoes, I'd use spinosad preventatively and hold abamectin till I see the first bites...
man these buggers are lush!

:tiphat:orf

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Syd,

Excellent growth in your Auto Malawi x NL seedlings :) With this rhythm they will have the potential to reach a good size to produce a decent yield. And yes, i anticipate your harvest for August ... you would need to start the Auto Malawi x NL F3s in March to harvest them in July.

farmerlion, KiefRichards, Nup, Ksaderfo and orfeas: looking forward to see your progresses with our Auto Malawi x NL ;) Have a great start of season!

G

Oye cavronito, were I in your shoes, I'd use spinosad preventatively and hold abamectin till I see the first bites...
man these buggers are lush!
Ahoy Capitan !
Were they photo sensitive ones,I 'd go your way(and that's what I'm gonna do with the new additions to the garden).But I am afraid that I will have a problem mid summer...This room is not closed ,when it is windy you can see the girls move,when it rains the ceiling drips,you get the picture...Almost a certainty I will have visitors.

Hi Syd,

Excellent growth in your Auto Malawi x NL seedlings :) With this rhythm they will have the potential to reach a good size to produce a decent yield. And yes, i anticipate your harvest for August ... you would need to start the Auto Malawi x NL F3s in March to harvest them in July.

Hi dubi! :) The two smaller ones don't have a lot of pistils,I expect some growth for sure.Something tells me though that the big one is gonna start stretching now that I got them in there.I should have started them in March as you said,will do next year for sure!

I have a question you may have missed (maybe it is answered somewhere but I don't remember :Is the Malawi x Auto NL F4 autoflowering or an intermediate step in the backcrossing to get a "more malawi" auto?
Thanks bro!:thank you:

A couple of pics from the terminal environment...

IdEy6ls.jpg

WspJnh2.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have a question you may have missed (maybe it is answered somewhere but I don't remember :Is the Malawi x Auto NL F4 autoflowering or an intermediate step in the backcrossing to get a "more malawi" auto?
Thanks bro!:thank you:

A couple of pics from the terminal environment...

View Image
View Image

Hi Syd,

Sorry i missed your question, I think i posted the info previously in this thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7972313&postcount=41

Auto Malawi x NL F4 is one generation inbred further after the F3 generation that you are growing right now. Same genetics, just reproduced by itself. Only the F3 generation has been released so far although some growers are also getting the F4 generation from our R+D list at our website.

We also have crossed New Killer Malawi parental plant with Auto Malawi x NL F3 to produce in the future a new Auto Malawi version which will contain our 2 main Malawi female parental plants (Old and New killer). But this is a parallel project and it will take time ..... because once the auto is crossed with a non auto then the offspring is non auto and all the breeding must be done again to make the line auto again.

Regarding autoflowering breeding, we are focusing all our energies right now in producing an autoflowering strain with many desirable Zamaldelica traits. And an autoflowering Panama version comes next ;)

G

Hey man,sorry I forgot! :biggrin: I had in mind the new malawi killer x f3 cross .Sounds great!I also hadn't seen the R+D section on the site,so good thing I asked! :) Will run the Zam and Pan autos for sure when they arrive,I have realized that I can get an early harvest in July with not much effort with the autos which I overlooked till now,but the killer malawi has definitely made things more intriguing . Thanx!

Ksaderfo

Howdy Rangers...

Any comments? My scissors are itchy to get that bottom growth out but I dont wanna shock her... Not with that fat pussy showing ... :biggrin:

She doesn't like food .. She likes light.. Heat and wind.. naah..

Sassy Girl! :biggrin: (looks a bit pale.. had to keep her in das "bunker" for a while... bombs and sh"t)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180511_130019.jpg
    20180511_130019.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I envy the grows guys. I have 3 of 4 up of my Auto's. The weather has been cold and rainy. This coming week should be much better.

Happy Mother's Day to all your wives. Peace

G

Hi guys!

Ksaderfo,I think the overwatering you mentioned earlier might have stalled the girl,I don't think she will get a lot bigger.I hope I am wrong.I would bend her a bit for more equal stretching, I also don't think that taking off the undrgrowth would be of benefit.

Weekly update,the bigger one has started flowering.I got a feeling I might harvest her before August !I f'ed up with the timer so they didn't stretch as they could...Maybe I should have taken them out a week earlier,they seem a lot happier.The smaller one needs more food ,the bigger one has burnt tips but looks happy.I think it is the new seaweed /amino solution I am trying,much stronger than the other I had...The smaller one will get some NPK and cal mag tomorrow .

vLzkGxZ.jpg
gWaCDyb.jpg
torzh0j.jpg
mBs3Vps.jpg

e0EMYz0.jpg

KiefRichards

Hey Syd, girls look perfect!

Hey Ksaderfo, its overwatering and big pot, autos hate it.. That pale shape is just that.

I put my 2 automalawis waterglass....Now!:woohoo:

Ksaderfo

Hi guys!

Ksaderfo,I think the overwatering you mentioned earlier might have stalled the girl,I don't think she will get a lot bigger.I hope I am wrong.I would bend her a bit for more equal stretching, I also don't think that taking off the undrgrowth would be of benefit.

Weekly update,the bigger one has started flowering.I got a feeling I might harvest her before August !I f'ed up with the timer so they didn't stretch as they could...Maybe I should have taken them out a week earlier,they seem a lot happier.The smaller one needs more food ,the bigger one has burnt tips but looks happy.I think it is the new seaweed /amino solution I am trying,much stronger than the other I had...The smaller one will get some NPK and cal mag tomorrow .

View ImageView ImageView ImageView Image
View Image

It was more like a hint of overwatering... She just started stretching so we'll see..

Bending huh.. I'm kinda worried to do that.. Like expose the middle - lower branches to more light?