What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

highroller614

Auto Malawi

Auto Malawi

Hola my fellow potheads! I am running 7 of these right now myself. I started them indoors and now they are outside till the finish line. I started them in 5 gallon pots and got them in an all organic hot soil. I see a couple different phenos and if anyone has any input on them thanks, I'm all ears. Here are some pics...... IMG_20180515_145732.jpg

IMG_20180515_145737.jpg

IMG_20180515_145741.jpg

IMG_20180515_145744.jpg

IMG_20180515_145747.jpg

highroller614

pics continued....

pics continued....

last ones.....

Attachments

• IMG_20180515_145817.jpg
    IMG_20180515_145817.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20180515_145821.jpg
    IMG_20180515_145821.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20180515_145830.jpg
    IMG_20180515_145830.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20180515_145831.jpg
    IMG_20180515_145831.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 22

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Highroller614, best of luck to the finish. I only have two of these little ladies. Mine are still seedlings. Hope you get a massive harvest.
Peace

highroller614

Farmerlion Thanks man I'm hoping for a bountiful harvest. I've had prior experience with autos and did well a couple of times but had there is a lot of shady breeders with BS genetics. So I decided it wasn't worth the hassle a few years back. But I been wanting to run ACE seeds and saw they had an auto so I had to try them due to there reputation in our community. My goal for the season is to pull off 2 harvests one auto and the other Bangi haze and Nepal Jam x Orient Express. Good luck on your Autos as well my friend!

G

Great plats and pics Highroller!

An update,the bigger one is in full on flowering mode,I'll start the bloom feeding .The short one is getting there ,too and the middle one is in great shape,getting ready...
Like Goldilocks,one overfed,one underfed,the other spot on,hehe...

sUSJVJI.jpg
lRPjrF8.jpg
hJiQXTp.jpg
SDCGKW3.jpg
aYG2dla.jpg

highroller614

Thx Syd I'm digging the looks of your ladies myself....

@ Ksaderfo all 7 has a descent smell and 1 really reeks so I got my eyes on her. I just can't really give a good description on the smell just yet. I'm going to go give them a more in depth smell later.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
They are up

They are up

Hello all, I only have two this round and they both are up and doing well. They are sharing a 45 gallon root pouch grow bag.

I will update as they get bigger and go into flowering.
Syd, your ladies are looking very good. Best of luck my friend.
Peace :tiphat:

Ksaderfo

Thx Syd I'm digging the looks of your ladies myself....

@ Ksaderfo all 7 has a descent smell and 1 really reeks so I got my eyes on her. I just can't really give a good description on the smell just yet. I'm going to go give them a more in depth smell later.

Me too... It kinda smells like sandalwood? Something? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great plats and pics Highroller!

An update,the bigger one is in full on flowering mode,I'll start the bloom feeding .The short one is getting there ,too and the middle one is in great shape,getting ready...
Like Goldilocks,one overfed,one underfed,the other spot on,hehe...

View ImageView ImageView ImageView ImageView Image

Hi Syd,

Thanks for the updates :yes: Looks like the Auto Malawis x NL are progressing nicely under your good cares :huggg:

Nice to see them finishing the stretching and getting ready for the flowering stage.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola my fellow potheads! I am running 7 of these right now myself. I started them indoors and now they are outside till the finish line. I started them in 5 gallon pots and got them in an all organic hot soil. I see a couple different phenos and if anyone has any input on them thanks, I'm all ears. Here are some pics......

Welcome highroller614 :)

Thanks for joining the Auto Malawi x NL thread with your own plants.
They look very healthy and with a decent size now in early flowering.

Try to provide them warm termps and all the possible light intensity and they will reward you a fast and trouble free flowering process.

Good luck! :tiphat:

Ksaderfo

Ahoy Maties! (Aargh)

We are at 60cm tall.. With zuper gut side branches... I also did some half-ass LST (basically just pulled the fan leaves away from the branches).

I think it's beyond stretching... maybe... it's definitely filling out... I also gave it a drop of bloom with the slurry the other day.

It also finally started to smell.. It smells like.. Dirt.. :biggrin: (we prefer to refer to it as "earthy.." :biggrin: ) There's visible crystals even on some fan leaves..

Any advice? Should I reduce on the veg nutes? (I didn't even get to full dose)

As for the pheno.. Well the later rows look alot more Sativa-y .. So maybe it's the hybrid? Or maybe even the Sativa pheno?

Oh.. and are you 100% absolutely sure that I should not defoliate? 100%? :biggrin:

:thank you:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180527_093833.jpg
    20180527_093833.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 19

deepwaterdude

Ahoy Maties! (Aargh)

We are at 60cm tall.. With zuper gut side branches... I also did some half-ass LST (basically just pulled the fan leaves away from the branches).

I think it's beyond stretching... maybe... it's definitely filling out... I also gave it a drop of bloom with the slurry the other day.

It also finally started to smell.. It smells like.. Dirt. (we prefer to refer to it as "earthy.." :biggrin: ) There's visible crystals even on some fan leaves..

Any advice? Should I reduce on the veg nutes? (I didn't even get to full dose)

As for the pheno.. Well the later rows look alot more Sativa-y .. So maybe it's the hybrid? Or maybe even the Sativa pheno?

Oh.. and are you 100% absolutely sure that I should not defoliate? 100%? :biggrin:

View Image

Good looking fraulein;) She's starting to do her thing healthily and her buds all seem to have access to light, so defoliating prolly wouldn't help much even if she were a photoperiod plant. Defoliating=recovery time, and time is one thing autos don't have much of. That's why no repots, defoliation, etc. I've had great success training autos with basic LST, but no topping, supercropping or fimming. An auto Malawi might act differently, though. Too bad you didn't pop two, you could've done a side by side;)
Doesn't look like you overfed at all, no tip burn to be seen. Some of the most successful growers around feed until they get a touch of burn to know their plants are getting close to their potential. I'm not that smart, I just try to keep them alive until harvest;)

G

Great to see she perked up Ksa!Regarding smell,the one in the big pot smells somewhat fruity/sweet,while the smallest is fruity/sour(?).The middle one is more earthy as you describe.Malawi doesn't usually smell a lot (compared to others) and NL is claimed to be a low odour strain,too,of course I don't know which auto version Dubi used.Agree with DWD on autos and stress and Orfeas on the morning stretch,heh...

My girls need a bit more attention (and nutes,maybe I should give a mineral feeding...)

B8fwC5t.jpg
L57ORTT.jpg
UwngpiA.jpg

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Dudes !

Nice Dudes !

I'm lurking this strain and this thread with a lot of attention .

@Syd

To avoïd deficiencies you can use natural worm compost for N and a buffer of batguano for flowering .

Just a little trick from personal observations, all the commercial boosters for cannabis consists in N, Mg , Cal .
So I simply bought 3 bottles of canna mono nutrients of those and
it eases the feeding .

(And GHE FloraNova as general feeding being soft on dosis depending on strains . It's a mix of organic and mineral .)

Continue the good work guys !

:tiphat:

Ksaderfo

Fanks Guyzz.. :)

@DWD Actually there is a bit of a tip burned on one of the first few true leaves in the bottom, along with a twirly scar of some sort... But it might be a deficiency too.. The top leaves seem to be a bit on the dark side actually..

As to this moment she was getting 1mg /lt of Fish mix.. Every like .. week or something.. The weather had been wet and she didn't need watering as well.. Soil is light mix even..

I will probably keep giving bio bloom but I hope this wont cause the pistils to turn brown sooner.. She looks like shes gonna have some pretty big titties... :biggrin:

Probably won't snip anything yeah... The extra pipe cleaners hold her stable too so... Its not like I will be harvesting in one go anyway.. I usually just cut half of the plant (cola and maybe a couple of branches and then keep the plant maturing for another week or so.. It does swell a bit but more growth.. not so much..

I have another two autos but they're different... It seems that autos have gone a long way since "Lowryder" :biggrin:

@Orfeus - Morpheus Did you actually lose the first one?? You got one of those on the "stage" now? :biggrin:

@Syd Yeah Dude! How about Them branches huh!? So you got all the phenos then? Are you gonna place them outside?
As for the attention I suspect that mine is gonna start looking alot like that in a bit.. If it keeps filling out.. I will take another height measurement in a bit... I'm becoming worst than a Soviet Olympic Coach... :biggrin:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Joining the party

Joining the party

Hello all,
Well I might as well jump in here and introduce my young ladies. They are sharing a 45 gallon root pouch grow bag.
They had to wait a while to get started here as winter finally relented. But now they should pick up steam quickly. I will throw out a pick or two each week through harvest. Peace :tiphat: