What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto AK47 and Purple JEMS (and more to come)

anonamix

Hey guys, thought I'd start sharing my little adventure with AFs.
Ive ran a couple grows before with flouro tubes and have recently started a few auto strains. I got a couple veg strains hangin out with them at the moment.
As of now, I started with 3 Purple JEMs, 2 Auto AK47, 1 Purple Widow (non AF), and 1 Lemon Skunk (non AF) all planted from 3/15 to 3/18.

Okay, first Heres a shot of my closet and junky box frame.
picture.php

Heres a Pic of the Puple Widow showin some early purple.
picture.php

But I made a noob mistake and tried some soil I seen at the dollar store.. Bad move.
It wasn't long until the plant started dieing. i could tell the soil was just nasty so i transplanted into some better soil and already its new leaves are lookking
much better..
picture.php

Heres a couple pics of the Purple JEMS..
picture.php

picture.php

Nothing to exciting but I'm hopin for em to take off soon.
I plan on planting 5 more Jems on the 2nd of April, Then order some auto fems to plant after that. I'm setting up another closet with this cfl rig..
picture.php

I'll keep updating this thread with my progress. :wave:

Bighill

:laughing: you CFL guys get me going every time.. A single 100 watter would be less of a fire hazard. lol. Do you have access to a local grow shop?

I've got jems going now, will be curious to see how yours' end up..

Bh.

anonamix

Hey, didn't know the cfls were a risk, but im still new to growing. Theres a few local garden supply shops here, but not that sell lights.
Thanks for stopping by :tiphat:

Bighill

Just busting your chops.. If too many things plugged into a socket is bad, that can't be good is all i am saying. If you can order online hidhut has some nice CFL bulbs. One bulb one socket not and overloaded spider web ;)

Doubt your rig will burn, i am just saying be safe where you can.

Cheers.
Bh.

anonamix

Just busting your chops.. If too many things plugged into a socket is bad, that can't be good is all i am saying. If you can order online hidhut has some nice CFL bulbs. One bulb one socket not and overloaded spider web ;)

Doubt your rig will burn, i am just saying be safe where you can.

Cheers.
Bh.

Hey checked that site, and 1000bulbs and im considering a 250w cfl with a reflective hood and ballast. I deff wanna keep all risk to a minimal. Thanks

Hey anomanix nice grow you got going on...
the ak47 of wich seedbank is it?
peace

Hey Auto, thanks for stopping by. the Ak is from Lowlife seeds.

Roortokeage

:laughing: you CFL guys get me going every time.. A single 100 watter would be less of a fire hazard. lol. Do you have access to a local grow shop?

I've got jems going now, will be curious to see how yours' end up..

Bh.

Why have 1 CFL?? When you can have multiple CFLS... But how he has done them is alright. I would have hung each seperate, put them all over the plants and as close as I can. Thus Helping the plant out a lot more.

If you have 1 CFL you can only put the light ontop and the penetration of CFLS is not that great. Soo the more CFLS the better in my eyes. :dance013::dance013:

Ramius

Veteran
All those CFL's connected to that one power cord could be well over the manufacturers maximum wattage which could be a fire hazard if the wiring becomes too hot

anonamix

All those CFL's connected to that one power cord could be well over the manufacturers maximum wattage which could be a fire hazard if the wiring becomes too hot

I will look into that. I know that the cord is for a shop light. not sure the watts but a bright hot somuma bitch

Roortokeage

I will look into that. I know that the cord is for a shop light. not sure the watts but a bright hot somuma bitch

Hey Buddy... Go to ace or a hardware store with a socket with a white and black wire on them... Then cut a Regular outlet cord. And then Connect each into a series, just like construction do.
Thats how I have my lights setup. I have a video on my new grow take a look. :artist::artist:

I'm Dykster

I only had one of the new y connectors hanging and one morning I smelled somthing so bad I thought my hps was buring up. It was that y adapter. You are on the right path!

anonamix

I only had one of the new y connectors hanging and one morning I smelled somthing so bad I thought my hps was buring up. It was that y adapter. You are on the right path!

Thanks for the heads up. Last year I had 4 cfls runnin under a similar setup with 2 4foot floro tubes in each corner of the box

I slowly raised the cfl chandaleer to get the girls growin up,, but the corner tubes got the branches goin out real bad and seeking a seveere need for outward stretch. not like a porper bush, but like a wirey stemmy stretch

This time ive upped the ante on cfls by alot. Cant remember waht the package said.. I know its "=" 100 watts. so its like 25 actual watts a piece..
I was looking at a 200w cfl single bulb...wich is houw much im pushin thru this cord anyways, but realy i see waht dudes sayin.. so id almost rather get two 110 watters with a split.. but that would still be paying alot more for the lumens im already getting.. Now I could be wrong. and I really do want to be safe as possible. but with little ladies going Im hophing to make the curent setup safe as possible.. Will lookin into customizing and keepng an eye on the temp levels. Deff good to be reminded to be on my toes.
Well my drunk ass is off to bed.. and ive been feedin molasses today and 2 days ago.. stuff is stinky right? the plants are lovin it but it looks like the gnats do to.. i gotta keep them away cus last grow they were in the bud :( :(

anywhoo.. thanks all for helpin out! got a few questioins with pics but will wait til bored at work to post. Peace and love :tiphat:

Bighill

Predator nematodes are great for gnats. Couple other products out there but i've always went the natural way. Even a local garden store should carry them. There are a few places online that will ship too ;)

If you still have reservations about your CFL setup run over to the grow room setup section there are electricians who can answer your questions, not just some "growers". I don't care who says what that many CFL's isn't good from one socket. You will just have to watch your current rig. Most sockets have a max wattage rating on them?

Keep in mind that one or 2 bulbs will have more light intensity than many of those small ones together. Intensity will penetrate the canopy better.

At the end of the day do what you want. They are growing the plants are they not? I just hate seeing on the news all the time "Grower burns down half a block". If we all knew something about min codes we would be alot safer.

That's all i got, stay safe mate.

Edit: Where is the purple widow from? I was going to comment sooner but forgot. That is going to be nice and colorfull, that much purple allready is a good sign.
Bh.

anonamix

right on man! I barely remember posting last night lol
The Purple Widow came from De Sjamaan. Not heard much about that seed bank before so if anybody has some feedback, that'd be awsome. the strain info said it grows real tall so im hoping to top it and crop it.
I think I'll be ordering some seeds today.. I want to go with feminised this time.. 5 blueberry (lowlife) and 5 auto lemon skunk (lowlife). Funny thing is.. A 5 pack is like 70 usd, but the pick and mix single seeds are like 8 usd a piece. lol I thought id get a better deal by the pack, but i guess not.

amolerba

buona sera a tutti sono nuovo del forum,vorrei chiedervi una cortesia sto coltivando delle fast bud ,mi sono accorto ke le punte delle foglie sono gialle,mi sapreste dire xche.

anonamix

buona sera a tutti sono nuovo del forum,vorrei chiedervi una cortesia sto coltivando delle fast bud ,mi sono accorto ke le punte delle foglie sono gialle,mi sapreste dire xche.

translates to...

Good evening everyone I'm new to the forum, I'm asking a favor of fast growing bud, I realized ke the tips of the leaves are yellow, you tell me xche.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
ciao , guarda la maggiorparte delle volte che ci sono delle punte delle foglir gialle è perchè sono piu soggette a scaldature proviienienti dalla lampada , ma non è niente di grave basta che alzi di poco il riflettore...

anonamix

ciao , guarda la maggiorparte delle volte che ci sono delle punte delle foglir gialle è perchè sono piu soggette a scaldature proviienienti dalla lampada , ma non è niente di grave basta che alzi di poco il riflettore...

Translate to..

hello, look at most of the time that there are bits of yellow leaves and are more subject to scalds proviienienti the lamp, but it is nothing serious enough to raise slightly the spotlight ...

Anywho, while im here I'll update.. Still lookin good. the weather is beutiful so I think I'll put the 2 aks out the sun for a little bit this afternoon. theyre the only 2 in 2 liters. Its okay to do that right? put them outside and bring em back in?

Latest posts

Latest posts