What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto AK47 and Purple JEMS (and more to come)

anonamix

Another question...

I found this bug on my Lemon Skunk lady..

Is it harmful? Any tips to help from the buggies??

picture.php

While im here..
Here is some nug i picked up to burn while my girls finish up..

picture.php

And heres a nug cracked open..

picture.php

Dog5tar

Here's a Gem I started growing on 1st March. She's 9 and a bit weeks, about a week away from harvest. At 6.75 inches, deffo the smallest AF I've ever grown, but delighfully pretty nonetheless.

anonamix

Yeah she is a very small yet beautiful specimen. How long until you started to see color?

My jem is about 15 inches right now (just guessing, will measure tommarow). Rather bushy, with about 6 tops starting. Not much buddage or any color yet but im going to let her mature plenty.

Right now it seems like small little bud sites, but itd be awesome if she filled in like yours. I just have no idea what to expect

Dog5tar

Yeah she is a very small yet beautiful specimen. How long until you started to see color?

I sprouted 3 gems, 2 were boys, one girl. It was obvious pretty early on that there were 2 phenos going on - I got one short girl, one short boy, one tall boy.

The short boy grew to about 10 inches and has not shown any purple at all. The tall boy is about 15 inches, has purple flowers, green leaves - it began showing colour the moment the bananas came. The girl was really spindly and took ages to get going. She showed pistils at 25 days, but no purple at all to the naked eye. With an eyeglass I could see the purple buds coming and it made me quite excited. I'd intended to grow on my windowsill only, as I don't have space for a dedicated grow room any more, but given that my tomatos were stunted and the first batch of chilli peppers I planted in Jan didn't do anything, I rigged the lamp up in an outhouse and ran it for 4 hours a day through April. As you can see, my Gem responded very well to this.

You just have to be patient - it's around week 5/6 that AFs go mental and put out loads of growth. I've got a Russian Rocket Fuel on my windowsill that's put on 12 inches and turned into a bush in the last 10 days. When they go, they go.

Second batch of Gems is on the way. They're just starting to sex - one of each so far, and both are the taller phenome.:jump:

anonamix

:thank you: for the info.

My jem has had pistils for a few weeks now, but the buds forming look green.. no purp yet.
All the jems pics i've seen look all purple.. barely any green on the buds. Im hoping i see purple soon
:tiphat:

uptosumpn

Veteran
Yeah, I agree! I only started 8 out of my 10 pack and so far 5 showed tap root< currently in jiffy pellets....but will fully pollinate 1 girl to get @ least a couple hundred seeds...THEN I can germ about 40 @ one time!!!:dance013:

Yea, i hope my jems get bigger then that. But it looks like the best way to do those is to do a seed run and plant alot of em.

Dog5tar

I started a second run of 3 x Gems a few weeks ago. Two have finally shown pistils, the third has nanas. One girl is short, just like Kylie, the other is much bigger and bushier, just like the boy. I can sense some seeds coming on in the near future :jump:

anonamix

I started a second run of 3 x Gems a few weeks ago. Two have finally shown pistils, the third has nanas. One girl is short, just like Kylie, the other is much bigger and bushier, just like the boy. I can sense some seeds coming on in the near future :jump:
Niice. I hope my pollination took.. How/when will I know?

Also, a place near my started to cary fox farm products. So I got me some grow big for the youngsters and tiger bloom for the girls in flower. I hope to see a boost from that.
And is 60 usd alot for 12 quarts of ocean forest? seems damn pricey. I got 12 quart bag of the happy frog for 5 usd! but it was on sale. even the guy at the check out was like "that cant be right"

uptosumpn

Veteran
Well, you will no that the pollen took first by the white hairs you pollenated dies..."turn orange/brown" if that "did happen" then in 2wks you would see your calix's start to swell...that's where the seed will be growing...
Hell Yeah that's a LOT!! They are ripping people off!!! I paid $19 a bag.....which is 26 dry quarts
Niice. I hope my pollination took.. How/when will I know?

And is 60 usd alot for 12 quarts of ocean forest? seems damn pricey. I got 12 quart bag of the happy frog for 5 usd! but it was on sale. even the guy at the check out was like "that cant be right"

anonamix

verry nice thread too read
(please more pic )
good luck

peace

LBH

:thank you:
I didnt wanna flood the thread with images in fear of lack of interest.. so dont blame me if you started a photo flood lol.
I'll take pix soon as I get off work.

Well, you will no that the pollen took first by the white hairs you pollenated dies..."turn orange/brown" if that "did happen" then in 2wks you would see your calix's start to swell...that's where the seed will be growing...
Hell Yeah that's a LOT!! They are ripping people off!!! I paid $19 a bag.....which is 26 dry quarts

Good to know. The hairs have been thining and dieing. And the few calyxs where i pollinated are very fat. Looks like im in the good :D
And thanks for the heads up. I figured that price was insane. The liquid nutes were 20 a bottle which i think is alright.
Is there a big diff between ocean forest and happy frog?

anonamix

Okay, so I know this is the AF section, but I have a couple non af freebies I got. So I'll go ahead and share how everythings looking as of now..

picture.php

So, here we have Lemon skunk (non af) from GHS on the left. And Auto AK from Lowlife on the right.

First off.. Ive never grown a lemon pheno... Or wait, would the lemon trait be considered a phenotype? Oh well, im just sayin..
So when i got this seed as a freebie I was excited to see what it was all about.
Shes only about 50 days from seed right now. but when I touch her frosty leaves, the smell left on my fingers is exactly like those lemon drop candies! I only pick up on the skunk smell when I walk in the room, and even then its faint. but that lemon is so pronounced its really a treat.
:blowbubbles:

Now, my big question is..

HAS ANYBODY GROWN THE AUTO LEMON SKUNK????

After falling in love with this lemon drop smell (wich i hope stays and is not temporary) Im thinking of trying the auto.. maybe pull some pollen? It could be fun to play with
:greenstars:

anonamix

... Okay, Now follow me outside.
:Bolt:

Here is a side shot of the Purple JEM..
picture.php

Shes 11 inches right now and starting to fill in a bit :dance013:

Here is the top of the JEM..

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the branch i dusted with pollen.. Alot of the hairs have thinned out alot and the calyxs look deff bigger here than on other branches..

picture.php

Should the bud it forms be purple tinted? as of now no color.. I should still expect color? right?
:whistling:

And heres a pic of the purple widow. its sitting next to a 4 foot glass bottle i found lol.
Thought itd be cool to one day turn it into a bong :D

picture.php

anonamix

Nice i want to see big buds :D

Needs 2 weeks for fat flowers :wave:

You and me both!

Yeah i was thinkin 2 weeks at least for the AK, but im not sure. It seems like they have been starting to fill in alot faster in the last few days.
Thanks for stopin by