What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto AK47 and Purple JEMS (and more to come)

anonamix

Thanks Tripa! :wave:

Well, I found my camera cord again, and figure I might as well update before its lost again.

Heres some pics from a few days back (around day 16). They group together for a quick watering..

picture.php

One of the AKs showed male...

picture.php

picture.php

I wanted to get the male out of the space with my girls.. but the nights are pretty cold still, and I wasnt really thinking about breeding and killed the male. Yet now, (days later) I feel some regret. Maybe a window would have suficed for the next week.. Maybe I could of got some pollen and got some seed from an Ak / Jem cross.. I know very very little about breeding, but Im thinking it would have been worth a try. Oh well I could still try to cross the a Jem male and the Ak girl. I'll look a bit into it if any more balls drop.

Heres a pic from this morning. A few jems not present, They are enjoying the sun today.

picture.php

Any and all advise is welcome. Thanks.

M

mossy

Ah anonamix..they are Beautiful m8...:good:

They may be small but they are in Good condition..well grown.

Oh well I could still try to cross the a Jem male and the Ak girl.

:smoke: I Would..I have exactly the same cross myself..and it is a good one..

Speed and Safety for them..:headbange

L

lowrydergrower

I have to admit that is a pretty neat looking cfl fixture, plants are looking great. :)

anonamix

Ah anonamix..they are Beautiful m8...:good:

They may be small but they are in Good condition..well grown.

:smoke: I Would..I have exactly the same cross myself..and it is a good one..

Speed and Safety for them..:headbange

Thank you for the kind words. I am beaming with excitement as they are begining to flower. Will they still triple in size throughout flower like non afs?
I have 2 males outside now with a styrofoam bowl fixed under each. I figure it can never be to early to dabble in breeding and it'll be worth a try.

I have to admit that is a pretty neat looking cfl fixture, plants are looking great. :)

Thank you much. So far it seems to get a better response from the plants then the 6 40w tubes and all together it was extremely cheap.
I would like to make some kind of hood for it because the other half of the light is just lost above... but my fan is mounted above aiming down on the lights/plants. So im not sure how to utilize the lost light and still keep the air flow.

Anyways, thanks for stopin by fellas. :tiphat:

M

mossy

I figure it can never be to early to dabble in breeding and it'll be worth a try.

Take a Tip from an Old Gardener m8...

IBL FIRST...to preserve the Original genetic.
Just imagine if One of them really..really hit your spot..best bud you ever tasted..
(and you wont know until you TASTE them)
and you went back to buy some more and they were out-of-stock for 6 months..or even worse..discontinued...:cry:

Then get at it...
make yourself a simple cross first..just to get the hang of it..
then I guarantee you will be HOOKED.
It is Adictive to see a thing of Beauty and know that you created it.

You have nothing to lose..I've never seen a Minger yet..and there are plenty people here who will help if you feel a bit nervous about it.

Have a great weekend m8..:joint:

anonamix

:thank you:
for the tips mossy! I'll be sure to stock up on the breeds before I go crossing, I would of jumped the gun too, so thanks for probably keeping me from kicking myself later.

Seems like everyday i regret more and more killing that AK male.. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Best wishes to you all, happy friday! and enjoy whats shaping up to be a great spring weekend.

By the way, on a side note.. The purple widow (suposedly non af) started flower on her own under 19/5 light in only 2 - 3 weeks; and before any of my autos. Isnt that weird?

Mr.P

Hey anon, thats strange... about your purple widow I mean. Did the seeds come from a bank?
The garden looks good btw, I was looking into auto aks aswell. Im looking foward to seeing more.

Seedling

:thank you:
By the way, on a side note.. The purple widow (suposedly non af) started flower on her own under 19/5 light in only 2 - 3 weeks; and before any of my autos. Isnt that weird?

I would say that that is very weird, but a very good weird!! Keep an eye on it and post some pics please.
It all looks good, looking forward to the updates.

M

mossy

for the tips mossy! I'll be sure to stock up on the breeds before I go crossing, I would of jumped the gun too, so thanks for probably keeping me from kicking myself later.
:smoke:
Happened to ME my m8..
and..
if I hadn't of IBL'd first..
there would be No JEM.....:jawdrop:

Seems like everyday i regret more and more killing that AK male.
I was taught that the only cross you Regret..is the one you Didn't make..:biglaugh:

Oh well, you live and you learn.

I've found AF tendancies pop up in all the most unexpected places..
Grab It..:good:

anonamix

Hey anon, thats strange... about your purple widow I mean. Did the seeds come from a bank?
The garden looks good btw, I was looking into auto aks aswell. Im looking foward to seeing more.

Yes, from De Sjamaan. Ive seen the on edit and the dr. for real cheap, like 20 usd for 12.
Thanks for the kind words. I show my plants to no one physicaly so I really apreciate the feedback.

I would say that that is very weird, but a very good weird!! Keep an eye on it and post some pics please.
It all looks good, looking forward to the updates.

Not sure if they are pre-flower or what, but still showed pistils before any of the Afs. and my other non af has no pistils yet.

Heres the best close ups i could get..

picture.php

picture.php

there would be No JEM.....

Wow, glad you made the right call there.

I've found AF tendancies pop up in all the most unexpected places..
Grab It..:good:

Will do. tommarow im going to germ some more and see if they have the trait or if it was some kind of freak occurance.

anonamix

Was workin outside today.
Here is a tree near by..

picture.php

Heres hoping the plants under it follow suit with purple flowers :D

While I was out in the yard i took some pics of the JEM males..

picture.php

Heres one with styrofoam.. My dog snaged up the other bowl and left it in peices thru out the yard.. Hes a knuckle head.

picture.php

til next time..

Oh and heres a pic of a little plant growing out of a tree.

picture.php

Not sure how to resize..

:tiphat:

H

hisser

Oh and heres a pic of a little plant growing out of a tree.

picture.php

Not sure how to resize..

:tiphat:

:jawdrop: wonderful! you can't resize more than 1024x1024 unless you upload your images on an external site.

Best of luck on your grow m8. :tiphat:

anonamix

thanks friend, I was actulay trying to make it smaller lol.

Heres a purple jem male this morning..
picture.php

The JEM and AK ladies..
picture.php

and heres the top of the AK so far..
picture.php

After I get the pollen from the males. I'll be movin these outdoors to finish. I got a bunch more babies started and a slew of new strains showin up any day now.

uptosumpn

Veteran
Wow, all of them are looking great! girz & boyz! def. here for the ride, as I too wil be staring my jems, sour60's, blue streak's & hymilayian blue diesel next week!!
BTW, what day are the girls on??

anonamix

Thanks for stopin by :wave:
I think they are about 30-35 days from seed.

Good luck with your grow. I had some of those HBD in my cart for a few days while i got my money together and they were sold out when I finaly went to order them :(

M

mossy

Beautiful.

Well grown my m8..they are in lovely condition. :good:

Love the fact you have the coloured pistils and leaf stem in the AK-47..
The one I mixed was pure white..

Looks like you have Similar colours on you JEM and AK..Should be a good match.

Have a great weekend m8...:joint:

anonamix

Thanks Killer!

An udate with the early flowering purple widow (suposed non af).. While the AFs started to mainly grow pistils (the little white hairs right?) this plant flowerd first and is mostly just growing frosty purple calyxes with few white hair then growing out of them.

Another update, I have pollinated the Ak fem and the Purple JEM fem (lol jem fem).
The white hairs on the branches i added pollen are thinning a bit.. any thing else i should be looking for to make sure they will drop seeds? actualy any advise is good as this is my first try at a seed run.

When i rub the stem of the AK it leaves my fingers with a scent of classic nug, sweet and stinky. The Jem tho is a bit more chemicle. Reminds me of vapo rub that clears out your breathing.

And while the Ak is growing as one main bud with 2 little lower side branches, the JEM is very bushy with the beginings of multiple tops. One side branch is even taller than the main top lol :dance013:

I'll take/add pix when i get home from work.

anonamix

Theres a bit of folliage around my patio making it very shady, yet the plants get direct sunlight for hours at a time off and on through out the day. Since moving them outside ive seen a vast improvments. the JEM lady continues to bush out very nicely. No purple yet, but shes moving right along.

Heres some recent pics..

picture.php

picture.php