What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

VenerableHippie

Hey Ven, the world can be a harsh place, but it's also full of beauty and wonderment if you can take the time to appreciate that. At least we can experience these things; pain, sadness, regret, worry, these things are all reminders that' we're alive and have feelings. They all pass with time. I think that (life's ups and downs) is beautiful regardless of how we interpret it on a daily basis. I'm sorry to hear growing has become a joyless experience, it's always been something that has brought contentment into my life, even when it feels a chore. Had to put my dog down today, which was hard, but I noticed the first thing I did when I came home was clean the grow room and finish off me c99 harvest, didn't make me feel any less sad, but it gave me a sense of contentment, which is important when you're feeling down. I also always have found the ocean to have a calming effect on my mental state, finding a remote stretch of beach to sit and contemplate existence, being at peace within nature does something positive for myself. Remember the Tao...

Keep your head up mate and we'll all get through this.

View attachment 18743305
Oh well, I suppose you're right ...

Listen, I was feeling gloomy because I 'd been exposed to lies from someone who is a family 'friend'. Also I am ageing. In fact how to deal with ageing is the single most important question of our (Missus and I ) lives. Even the perfidy of one of our children who is married to a fukn Hansen supporter (he was a candidate around here and nearly got in) and is a local Councillor pales to insignificance when compared to how tricky getting old is.

But I was just at a town near where your Aust relatives live and (EDIT) something else the name of which I can't recall (see!!!). (EDIT)

Also I just found out that an Ethernet cable will work over 100 meters! This is a significant discovery as I will now be able to put up cameras anywhere in my garden.

That's enough now ... I can't spend all avo blathering to the likes of you lot ...

Last edited:

VenerableHippie

I was somewhere and there were these guys ... and they had these and there were also and there was much friendliness and joke telling even tho' the guys weren't stoned.

One of them, a handsome fellow with BIG hands and golden locks suddenly collapsed with laughter as he recalled a joke he had heard that day. It went like this:

Q: What sort of meat pies do Pilots like?

A: Plain.

I wasn't sure if we were laughing at how hard the joke-teller was laughing, or whether the group found the joke funny.

Didn't matter ... it was a priceless moment ...

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i thought the reaction goldie locks had to telling the joke was funnier than the joke itself ,
nevertheless , it was a fun moment ,
and i always enjoy time with old goldie locks , hehehe ..

i like to think i have some friendly , honest and jovial friends ,
whose company i value , i include the chaps here along with that ,
especially those i have met in person ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
heres that range vh was talking of brother nature,
shes a beauty ,, an engineering feet for sure ,
all 230 odd corners , or something like that,

we whipped up there in a little sports car ,
its good in a car that handles well ,
but on a bike its a dream ...

btw thats just a shot of what can be seen in one shot ,
the whole thing is a lot larger/longer , its 19 kilometers all up,
not recommended for folks that get car sick at all .. lol ...
298254031_394055806181452_7529258334559097962_n.jpg

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey Ven, the world can be a harsh place, but it's also full of beauty and wonderment if you can take the time to appreciate that. At least we can experience these things; pain, sadness, regret, worry, these things are all reminders that' we're alive and have feelings. They all pass with time. I think that (life's ups and downs) is beautiful regardless of how we interpret it on a daily basis. I'm sorry to hear growing has become a joyless experience, it's always been something that has brought contentment into my life, even when it feels a chore. Had to put my dog down today, which was hard, but I noticed the first thing I did when I came home was clean the grow room and finish off me c99 harvest, didn't make me feel any less sad, but it gave me a sense of contentment, which is important when you're feeling down. I also always have found the ocean to have a calming effect on my mental state, finding a remote stretch of beach to sit and contemplate existence, being at peace within nature does something positive for myself. Remember the Tao...

Keep your head up mate and we'll all get through this.

View attachment 18743305
Sorry for your loss bro...

Brother Nature

heres that range vh was talking of brother nature,
shes a beauty ,, an engineering feet for sure ,
all 230 odd corners , or something like that,

we whipped up there in a little sports car ,
its good in a car that handles well ,
but on a bike its a dream ...

btw thats just a shot of what can be seen in one shot ,
the whole thing is a lot larger/longer , its 19 kilometers all up,
not recommended for folks that get car sick at all .. lol ... View attachment 18744085
Haha, seeing this photo made me go clean off my bike this afternoon. It's always been up there on my list of future rides, make have to make it sooner than later. Have an uncle up those ways whose ridden around the world and said this range of road is still one of his all-time favorites. Thanks mate, haven't been riding in a while, but this has definitely motivated me to get off my ass this weekend.

budsnblunts

Veteran
The holes have been loaded with abit of everything this year. It will be my third year here. In that time I have battled pigs, deer and trapped hundreds of possums, long with two rats. I don't need to worry about mice and rats here and here's hoping rabbits don't learn to climb bird netting wrapped chicken mesh lol. Thanks fullas.

Brother Nature

Looking good buds, this'll be the year :plant grow:

Am now in a new spot, right in the middle of civilization, so only one small mutant c99 for me outside this year. Kind of a funky girl, very very slow start and naturally grew split, with another branch in the crotch. will Will be interesting to see how the end product turns out. This was from a kwikseeds c99 batch I made seeds from.

IMG_3907.JPG
IMG_3909.JPG

Brother Nature

Been making edibles out of stuff I've been too lazy to trim and man am I digging it. Different than smoking all the time, but my lungs have been telling me I need to take a break and this is the right way to do it. NOt been great for my social life, but my girls are loving it...

White Russian x PCK
IMG_3903.JPG
IMG_3906.JPG

c99, White Russian, White Russian x PCK

budsnblunts

Veteran
Just planted three clones, two blue dream and one dos si dos. I run both of these last year but from seedlings, the dos pulled 30 oz at 6 weeks into flower. The blue dream pulled 14 or 22 oz i forget lol must if been a good winter :p. This is a new spot. Gets sun from 6 in the morning to 8 30 at night. Small pines woth plenty of natural openings l so I figured I will lighten the swamps load by spreading them around.
20221201_175008.jpg
20221201_175029.jpg
20221201_175600.jpg

budsnblunts

Veteran
These are the swamp spots. About a third of them have gone to flower, bunch of random genetics.
View media item 18706580
View media item 18706580
This is looking across from where I planted the three clones yesterday. I really to see them but no luck. I'll take a monocular out for better zooing next time. The weather predictio chaps say we are going to have a drought through summer. Fingers crossed.
20221202_150658.jpg
20221202_150705.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts