What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Throwing in some OG Kush, Zkittles, Purple Punch, Gelato, some old GSC cross that I forget what it is and my normal Blue Dream x Green Crack.

So a bit of variety this year. I imagine the plants will be very small starting this late. Might do some breeding if I find any males to replenish the seed stock.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Forgot about this thread. Happy New Year all.

What are people growing this year?

I have started a few. I'm limited in space so just a couple each of NH x C5Mango, Choc Thai, (thanks, you know who you are), Honduras x Panama, Kumaoini, and a Mint Choc Banana x Congo (my own creation). Might chuck in a few others as the year progresses. Keen on getting some Nanan Bouclou going and a few others.

My 60th year on the planet and now starting to think maybe I won't get a chance to grow all the seeds I have collected over the years. Bloody mortality.

Happy growing for 2023.

Brother Nature

Isn't it supposed to be summer? Hopefully the plants are liking the weather at least...

I'll be trying to work through my seed collection this year too, though this next grow is all stuff recently given to me by another member here. Looking forward to the zkittles, Sour Diesel, something called golfball, and Lemon Amnesia.

My afghaan90 x c99 cross has proven to be pretty sturdy, uniform, and a good producer so will be working through those and my c99 seeds. Happy 2023 everyone!!

Pumpkin

Veteran
I have these sensor lights that are quite powerful that I wanted to do the same thing with. I bought them from kmart and I think they are 200 lumen. Good luck everyone.
I have a string light that you might see at a wedding or someshit. It's pretty low powered but hope it will do the trick. I could buy some more high powered bulbs if I need to, but it's just to prevent them from flowering, not any sort of grow assist.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Isn't it supposed to be summer? Hopefully the plants are liking the weather at least...
As I'm just starting seeds now and many of them are pretty indica I am afraid they will get very little veg time before triggering flower. I'd rather have a few medium sized plants than a lot of babies. We are on declining daylight hours already. I'm at the stage where my first seed only has broken ground. Normally I would like to plant Nov 1st at the latest, but I wasn't in the country. 11 months or some shit traveling SE Asia :D
I'll be trying to work through my seed collection this year too, though this next grow is all stuff recently given to me by another member here. Looking forward to the zkittles, Sour Diesel, something called golfball, and Lemon Amnesia.

My afghaan90 x c99 cross has proven to be pretty sturdy, uniform, and a good producer so will be working through those and my c99 seeds. Happy 2023 everyone!!

Happy 2023 also, sounds like some nice strains. It's my first time growing Zkittles, will like to compare :) I think mine might be from Dope Seeds or something, they were freebies :) I've grown a lot of Sour Diesel and crosses in the past. Got hooked up with a bunch one time.

Let's see how it goes. Do you have any of the Zkittles you can share photos of yet? Let's get this thread alive again :D

Pumpkin

Veteran
Forgot about this thread. Happy New Year all.

What are people growing this year?

I have started a few. I'm limited in space so just a couple each of NH x C5Mango, Choc Thai, (thanks, you know who you are), Honduras x Panama, Kumaoini, and a Mint Choc Banana x Congo (my own creation). Might chuck in a few others as the year progresses. Keen on getting some Nanan Bouclou going and a few others.

Never grown any of those strains before. Hope they do well for you. You own creation sounds awesome. Congo Banana Split or Congo Banana Cocktail is my suggestion for a name :)
My 60th year on the planet and now starting to think maybe I won't get a chance to grow all the seeds I have collected over the years. Bloody mortality.

Happy growing for 2023.
Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!

Pumpkin

Veteran
haha ,
exactly mate , you know it ....
Bushka!

I'm excited about this late grow, it's kind of a fun challenge, something different. I have a small space I can potentially keep out of the weather as well, so I might be able to push for a late harvest before.... Argentina!

I do like being home, but traveling is pretty nice also!

Does anyone use lights to extend veg and have any good tips? I'm planning on putting the light on after dusk. I'm thinking 16 hours from first light should be enough to delay maturity for all strains? I can push it later if need be. I don't think I'll be getting any untrusted visitors and am remote enough not to bother about weird light pollution.

Last edited:

budsnblunts

Veteran
I have tried using small solar powered ights early in spring, I had 25 of them and they were only 2.5 lumens but it did the job. I'm sure you'll do fine, I did end up potting these up and grew them for a few weeks in that little tent thing. It is really cold in this spot aswell.
20201029_174003.jpg
20201029_175737.jpg

I had planted three clones of blue dream a little while back on a hill face, checked them today and they're doing well.
View media item 18707131
View media item 18707132
View media item 18707133
View media item 18707134Good luck fullas

Pumpkin

Veteran
Got the water back on today. My other pump got fucked up in the floods while I was away.

Will update my start when I find my phone :)

Also found a strain I called Permafrost which I will try to germinate. Some cross I made at some point (pretty old) I have no idea what it is anymore :D Could be anything!

Also ordered some greenhouse plastic.

Ya should have grown the Kumaoni :D This grow for me will be just having some fun with different strains and see what comes out. Small plants could be a good time to make some new seed stock.

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Got the water back on today. My other pump got fucked up in the floods while I was away.

Will update my start when I find my phone :)

Also found a strain I called Permafrost which I will try to germinate. Some cross I made at some point (pretty old) I have no idea what it is anymore :D Could be anything!

Also ordered some greenhouse plastic.

Ya should have grown the Kumaoni :D This grow for me will be just having some fun with different strains and see what comes out. Small plants could be a good time to make some new seed stock.
I might get the opportunity to get some seeds back if all goes well, but I want to concentrate on strong sativa/thai haze type stuff for now :)
I enjoy seeing others grow and report their results. I have hundreds of years worth of seeds that will mostly go old and stale

Latest posts

Latest posts