What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aussie Outdoor Season 2006

G

Heya Smurf, earth worm castings? I would but u gotta buy them. All the stuff I've put into my spot are easy at hand around here and plentiful at that, supposedly full of good things too.
I've seen the hard red dirt of the pilbara flourish using not much else.
cheers man.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seriously mate, it will be the best $10 - $15 you've ever spent !!!

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are going gorilla, maybe do a pH test, just so you know what your working with!

G

nah not guerilla just in me yard man. I've turned prolly 1.5m3 of dirt on me spot keepin it loose an even the whole winter. ph was low like 4.7 when i tested using dirt taken from all dif spots within it at the start. added some lime n its around 6 at the day of planting. I'll be watering with me hose ph 7.
Will def dig in some ewc next time since u rate it so highly though. cheers man.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a thought twenty47red-i......... divide your patch into two equal halves..... supply one half with ewc, and the other half without. Put same genetic and same age clones into each of the two halves, and then continue with your water/fert program as usual. Best way I can think of to prove if it works or not.

Rattrap

Personally i wouldn't bother with testing ewc, they are a long tried & tested product that mj just loves. U don't need to have dug it thru the soil either, u can just dig it into the top couple of inches then water it in.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
True about the leaching technique Rattrap......... the idea is to promote & encourage deeper & larger network of roots......(more draught resistant etc) thus a far superior plant...... especially in biologically starved soils. :canabis:

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a few companies that package it neat, one of them is in WA....... in liquid, & castings. Check out your local bunnings, they should have it.

Rattrap

our local bunnings doesn't. lol Get yourself your own wormfarm, u'll have heaps of casting for next year & worm wee in a couple of mths, its liquid gold. Good for the enviroment too, sell waste going into land fill.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Liquid gold ..... you're spot on there Rattrap !! .......Yeah ,that's what I ended up doing..... the little buggas double in volume ever 3 mths........ should see my extended family, lol

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
here is an update on my garden.

Firstly the Masterlows. I ended up with 4 females from a pack of beans. Nice little plants. I was planning to plant these out in a vacant plot, but have decided to keep em right in my front yard instead because they are so small and descrete. I planted all 4 into 1 of my square pots as you can see from the pics below. Nice looking little mini plants.

These are the FMS Maroc. 3 out of 4 are very healthy, vigorous, and consistent, but 1 of them has a strange type of chlorosis. Looks like a defficiency, but its getting the same treatment as the others. so its probably genetic. I am hoping it will snap out of it. it is growing a little bit slower than the others too. These are going to be LST trained before being planted out.

The weird runt plant:

The healthy ones:

WARDONE

!!!Purple power o6!!!

!!!Purple power o6!!!

purple power 06

hey guys heres a little of whats been growing outdoor out my ways
its purple power from femaleseeds.nl (fem)

shes flowering really nice heres a few shots of her in full swing..

its just a quick shout out but id like to say hey to rattrap for inspiring me to go for the purps like his lightstorm thread
purps for life.....
wardone...
:bat:

Last edited:

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Worm Castings are awesome for sure. I use them now in all my soil/media mixes and I recommend it highly.

Hot Cargo - thanks mate, coming from you, thats a huge compliment. :joint: thanks for stopping by.

RATTRAP - Hey buddy. Yea they are a stabilised Masterkush x LR from Mdanzig. My first rudy grow ever and I like em so far. Mdanzig is sending me a pack of his new cross Bluestreak to test for him once he has stabilised it. Its a Blueberry x LR. He told me he inbreeds them for like 5 generations once he has fixed the AF trait. The Bluestreak should be out in a couple of months at seedbay.

WARDONE - nice purple plants. how come your plants are flowering at this time of the year? I think you might have planted them out too early. They might reveg on ya mate. ...good luck

Here is an update on my Masterlow:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts