What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aussie Outdoor Season 2006

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Well, its that time of the year again and I am really looking forward to the 06/07 outdoor season. This thread is a place all of us aussie outdoor growers can share info and pics of our current outdoor grows.

I have 2 separate grows coming up myself. I planned 3, but my buddy and I decided we weren't going to bother with that idea. It being a guerilla style grow and not very practical.

So I am currently germinating 4 Maroc seeds from FMS. 3 for a backyard grow, and 1 for a friend. Also 10 Masterlow for a suburban guerilla experiment. Should be fun.

10160PB090029-med.JPG

Last edited:

WApharmer

sounds good ezra, ive got a pack of blue moonshine (DPS) on the way... was originaly going to do an indoor grow, but am going to wait till next winter for the temps to drop. So until then ill probably throw 5 or so in the backyard and hope for some ladies :yummy:
cant wait to get em going!

good luck aussie growers!

Twiz

Here we go, here we go, here we go.

I'm going with Mr Nice's Medicine Man, Nirvana's Hawaii x Skunk #1 and some bag seed.

Currently they are in pots receiving 12/12 so that I can determine sex prior to planting in the garden. No males are allowed in my yard other than me!

I'll probably end up with about 6-8 and am looking forward to another grow Downunder.

P1010063.jpg

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
I am very happy to report 100% germ rate from maroc 4/4 and so far I have 8/10 from the the Masterlow (I have high hopes for the unpopped seeds too) Transplanted the sprouts into little cups today with seed raising mix.

Technique

Oh so its november they should be going in?

Caus i have one out now and its rather slow.

that double gum which i was talking about before.

i might give some of these female seeds i have here a run.

skunk special. apparently they should be good for outdoor

Rattrap

Hey all;
Ok well here is 4 seedlings i've put out this year, 3 Black Death & 1 Lightstorm. The Lightstorm is the tiny 1 in the bottom right corner, the 1 u can hardly see. I had to put them out a bit early as we had a visitor saying with us for 10 days & i had them in the lounge window sill. So far so good.
This plot i made at the start of last season, its nice & stealthy this year.

WARDONE

heres my little outdoor grow

heres my little outdoor grow

hey guys this is what ive got in my back yard and heres some shit im smokin on right now

cheers wardone

:joint:

yeah and hers what im smoking on right now

G

hey guys
got a few goin out
atm i got black domina,celtic stone,white widow,white rhino,g13 x bsh
all flowerin out there xpecting a good regrow..
then i have some bubblegum in some water germin for the november plantout
peace
see

hey wardone
howa melb treatin ya?
is that the melb strain that u been braggin bout??
wat strains u gunna run outdoor??
peace

Last edited:

Rattrap

Hey senoc erom ekom.
Another celtic stone grower! Welcome! U won't regret it. I've got a couple of CS in bio buckets at the moment, still in veg.
Where did u get them from? The Black death i've got going outside is a CS cross.

Technique

So whats the best times to be planting?

and when do they start to flower outside?

i have always just had plants out and never taken much notice when it all starts.

i start alot under cfl and then move them outside if that helps..

and on the east coast.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Hey Tech, it does depend a lot on the strain and also the growing method. (i.e. large or smaller plants). I think most strains can be planted out in November, but you can plant out right up to mid Jan. (obviously finishing with much smaller plants). If the dark period is too long when you plant out, some strains will trigger into flower straight away due to being quite sensitive to longer dark period. They will then need to reveg first before going back into flower. This is probably an undesirable process. Indicas will tend to do this more than Sativas. For sativas they will naturally tend to veg away until they are ready to flower despite longer nights. I am planning to plant mine out end of Nov probably.
Hope that helps a bit.

the remaining 2 Masterlow germinated so thats 10/10 and Maroc 4/4 - 100%. :woohoo: using the trusty papertowel method.

Technique

Ahh champion.

I'm poping beans now

going to throw out my female seeds special skunk. she shall do me well!

tho i go away for a month! which shouldnt be a problem they get cared for here! :)

when does flowering usually start to occur?

G

Rattrap said:
Hey senoc erom ekom.
Another celtic stone grower! Welcome! U won't regret it. I've got a couple of CS in bio buckets at the moment, still in veg.
Where did u get them from? The Black death i've got going outside is a CS cross.
hey man
yeah its nice strain by the sound of it
i wanna try some black death but stilll unavailable
oh got me cs threw ozstoners and a thing they hadcalled ozchat..
almost ordered some of the venomberry,stoned rhino and big stone
but ill wait for these 1st
grow on
peace
see

Rattrap

Heh, i was at ozchat too! tho i didn't get to spend much time in there, the missus was real busy on the net with her own stuff.

Brushtail

Does anyones elses seedlings seem to be very slow to grow.. Ive had some in for 2 and a bit weeks and they are just pushing through there first true set of leaves. Might still be a little to cold at night here in WA.

bt

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Brushtail - yes the cold can certainly slow them down. Also light intensity plays a role.

My Maroc seedlings are going well. Soon to be repoted from cups into small pots. 8/10 of my Masterlow are showing sex already under 24/7 fluro light at about 3 inches tall. Unfortunately I have 6 confirmed males, 2 females and 2 unconfirmed. Was hoping for a better ratio from them as I had them under lots of blue light (130w cool white CFL) and on high Nitrogen. Normally I get 60% + females from standard seeds. One of the males is already forming tight clusters of balls at 3 inches tall! I think these are going to be real little dwarf buddha plants.

G

My little clones went into the ground today. Id brought them down from 20/4 to 14/10 under a 32w gro fluro tube over the last month. day length is :Nov 13, 2006 5:10 AM 6:52 PM 13h 41m 34s. Its gonna be fine the next couple of days then maybe rain on wed so I thought it a good time. Watered them in good. I treated this spot to some fish carcass and seaweed about 6months ago also chopped some coco into the topsoil after I buried the organics. Since then Ive watered in some disolved urea a couple of times and then the rain. I hope my lil ladies like this spot, I've never tried a grow in prepared soil before. Seen the results with veges though!
So Yeh! Luv'n that Aussie Sun!!!

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G'day twenty47red-i, why dont you just throw in a bag of EWC. That will really get them going. Your ladies will reward you for it later.......... I promise !

Latest posts

Latest posts