What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Athena vs Canna Coco vs General Hydro vs Masterblend vs Terpy Feeding.... & Synganic vs... Canna Terra vs General Hydro vs Batguano vs Terpy Feeding

St. Phatty

Learning Brand Names is not the same as learning soil chemistry.

Once you have a Baseline soil (which may be a brand name) it's very much worth the trouble to learn to do Hot Composting and to make your own Quality soil.

Terppalooza

Learning Brand Names is not the same as learning soil chemistry.

Once you have a Baseline soil (which may be a brand name) it's very much worth the trouble to learn to do Hot Composting and to make your own Quality soil.
i agree. and its worth learning how to calculate the npk ammounts in mg/l

Mudraya

Any Americans here. Would you use ounces. To calculate your stock solution. So you add 1/2 dry ounce of Athena bloom per gallon. Or would you rather use 14gram of Athena per gallon?
maybe a little late here but we like ml/gal or gr/gal. also wanted to say 6m 9b (2:3 m:b) is for coco, or coco dominant media and 1:2 m:b is for everything else. like another poster said i think a more inert media would give slightly clearer results but something is better than nothing. looking forward to any new experiments.

Terppalooza

maybe a little late here but we like ml/gal or gr/gal. also wanted to say 6m 9b (2:3 m:b) is for coco, or coco dominant media and 1:2 m:b is for everything else. like another poster said i think a more inert media would give slightly clearer results but something is better than nothing. looking forward to any new experiments.
if you have any sugguestions lmk. im about to start up again :)

sammykush

Hi mate , well done for great job, you have done experiment on different nutrients can you tell us which one gave you the best results , which one was cheap and still gave you grate results and which one you were not that happy with? If you give us that feedback that will help others especially new starters to start with a reliable brand.

Thanks mate .

Terppalooza

Hi mate , well done for great job, you have done experiment on different nutrients can you tell us which one gave you the best results , which one was cheap and still gave you grate results and which one you were not that happy with? If you give us that feedback that will help others especially new starters to start with a reliable brand.

Thanks mate .
Well I found the mix I made based of the studies. The most consistent. Infact I'm still using a version of that now a year later with great success. Soo basically mix your own. For Europe Yara brown/orange is a good start. In USA I'm not Shure jacks seems to be the popular one.

little-soldier

You cant compare nutes if you are going to use boosters and or enzymes with certain nutrients and not on others. your results would not have been true to the nutes.
When I compare nutes i use only the base nutes. so far I have not seen much difference between one and another salt fertilizer even comparing with pure blend pro which i half synthetic and half organic.

Terppalooza

Okay its been about a year since doing my first mix. did some improvements over time. today i will mix my new testmix :)
Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 18.22.14.png

Terppalooza

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 19.02.49.png
and here is the last feeding (terpy feed v3) the right one.. i have been using to compare what i have changed over time, and what im changing now woth the terpy feed v4 :)