What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Athena vs Canna Coco vs General Hydro vs Masterblend vs Terpy Feeding.... & Synganic vs... Canna Terra vs General Hydro vs Batguano vs Terpy Feeding

Terppalooza

Im doing two comparisons.

All plants except for the Canna Coco Line. Are in Peat Moss and Coarse Vermiculite at a 50/50% Ratio. 1.4g/l dolomite lime, 0.35g/l gypsum added. The Canna Coco plants are in Cannas Own Coco Professional. with Coarse Vermiculite at a 50/50% ratio, noting added!

I will be doing one Full Salt comparison. comparing various known salt lines with varying npk levels. Theese are the nutrients i will be feeding for the flowering phase of this comparison.

Athena Pro (Athena Core:Athena Bloom) (0.8 G/L : 1.3 G/l)... Using 50/50 Tap to Ro Water (0.4ec base)

Canna Coco (Canna Coco AB, Canna Zym, Canna Rhyzo, Canna Boost) (Dosage Accodring to schedule, normal water, normal strength)... Using 50/50 Tap to Ro Water (0.4ec base)

General Hydro "Lucas Formula" (Flora Micro, Flora Bloom) (1.6 ML/L : 2.4 ML/L)... Using Tap Water no RO. due to lack of calcium in the formula.

Master blend 4- 18 - 38 (Masterblend, Yara Calcinit, Epsom Salt) (0.7 G/L : 0.7 G/L : 0.35 G/L)... Using 50/50 Tap to Ro Water (0.4ec base)

Terpy Feed (Terpy Feed A, Terpy Feed B, Terpy Feed Boost) (3 ML / L of AB.. and Boost 0.5 ML / Lfor the first 3-4 weeks of flowering)... Using Only RO Water, Because thats what i tried to formulate my recipe for :D

My own formula, was made (Terpy Feed) based of past experience and some of the more recent research papers i've seen.

The "Recent" Research:
Nitrogen Study - https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpls.2020.572293/full
NH3/NH4 Ratio Study - https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpls.2022.830224/full
P Study - https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpls.2021.657323/full
K Study - https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpls.2019.01369/full

PXL_20230131_033534206.jpg

My Formula :) Lets see how it goes!

Last edited:

Terppalooza

Im also doing a second comparison. which is the syn-ganic experiment. In which all the plants were fed the same during veg. I transplanted them direct from clone, into a 1liter coco pot, fed my salt veg mix for the first week, to get them nice and strong, choose clones of simmilar stucture after a week and then transplanted into my peat/vermiculite mix + dolomite lime and gypsum, at the rates i meantioned in the last experiment. from that point on they were transplanted into, 6 liter airpots with alot of extreme gardening mykos, 20g of biotabs startrex, 10g greenhouse bio feeding and 1 biotab. and i fed them only phaed water for the 4 weeks in veg on all days except Mondays, where i fed a slurry of sorts consisting of: elite 91 silicic , elite91 roots, Biotabs Orgatrex.. this was for all the plants the same in the synganic experiment.

On day 1 of flowering is were the experiment starts. I choose 4 different methods of feeding them.

Canna Terra (Canna Vega & Flores, Canna Zym, Canna Rhyzo, Canna Boost) (Dosage Accodring to schedule, normal water, normal strength)... Using 50/50 Tap to Ro Water (0.4ec base)

General Hydro "Lucas Formula" (Flora Micro, Flora Bloom) (1.6 ML/L : 2.4 ML/L)... Using Tap Water no RO. due to lack of calcium in the formula.

Terpy Feed (Terpy Feed A, Terpy Feed B, Terpy Feed Boost) (3 ML / L of AB.. and Boost 0.5 ML / Lfor the first 3-4 weeks of flowering)... Using Only RO Water, Because thats what i tried to formulate my recipe for. Same recipie as mentioned above, no changes.

Organic Amended (GH Bio Bloom, Bat Guano, Biotabs Startex, Gypsum) (10g, 7g, 10g, 2g)... Using Tap Water no RO, only on mondays I feed Biotabs orgatrex, and elite91 roots.

They are now almost week 3 into being fed the respective feedings, in flower :)

Terppalooza

I also made a nutrient calculator. To look at what npk values in mg/l other companies are using. Here are some of the results of what other lines are in mg/l accodring to my calculations

Terppalooza

🫡

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207-201712.png
    Screenshot_20230207-201712.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_20230207-201658.png
    Screenshot_20230207-201658.png
    2 MB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_20230207-201653.png
    Screenshot_20230207-201653.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20230207-201647.png
    Screenshot_20230207-201647.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20230207-201642.png
    Screenshot_20230207-201642.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 131

Tynehead Tom

I am following along but I am curious as to why your "lucas formula" ratios are what they are.
In my experience with what we call the lucas formula , and because you are in a peat based medium, that ratio should be 2mls per liter Micro and 4mls Bloom or 8/16 per gallon. PH must also be adjusted for a peat based medium and inputs should be 6.6 to 6.8 ideally.
I also fortify my peat based medium (sunshine mix #4 = peat and perlite) with AG Gypsum and Dolomite(dolopril) when I ready it for plants.
I am not trying to school you here ..... just relating my own experience with the lucas method which I have been using since general hydro flora series was first being adopted by cannabis growers here in Canuckistan..... so sometime in the mid 90's I'm thinkin
I still use it to this day so I think if you are going to do a fair comparison , that ratio needs to be adjusted. I rarely get Calcium deficiencies with that ratio in peat based mixes save for varieties that in themselves have high calcium demands. This is easy to identify and remediate but I find I rarely need to. PH becomes important here and is why all inputs to my plants in Peat based media are adjusted 6.8. With the exception of the last 3 weeks of flower when I begin to drift it down to 6.3 as I move them off the feed to the finish..

anyhow, I am always interested in being shown new things that could improve the health of my plants but again, if a comparison to the lucas formula is being made in a peat based medium...... 8ml micro/16bloom @6.8 from veg thru flower. Only addatives to this are general hydro koolbloom in the required stage of flowering. Gypsum mollasses once weaned off the feed near the end.

cheers!

Terppalooza

I am following along but I am curious as to why your "lucas formula" ratios are what they are.
In my experience with what we call the lucas formula , and because you are in a peat based medium, that ratio should be 2mls per liter Micro and 4mls Bloom or 8/16 per gallon. PH must also be adjusted for a peat based medium and inputs should be 6.6 to 6.8 ideally.
I also fortify my peat based medium (sunshine mix #4 = peat and perlite) with AG Gypsum and Dolomite(dolopril) when I ready it for plants.
I am not trying to school you here ..... just relating my own experience with the lucas method which I have been using since general hydro flora series was first being adopted by cannabis growers here in Canuckistan..... so sometime in the mid 90's I'm thinkin
I still use it to this day so I think if you are going to do a fair comparison , that ratio needs to be adjusted. I rarely get Calcium deficiencies with that ratio in peat based mixes save for varieties that in themselves have high calcium demands. This is easy to identify and remediate but I find I rarely need to. PH becomes important here and is why all inputs to my plants in Peat based media are adjusted 6.8. With the exception of the last 3 weeks of flower when I begin to drift it down to 6.3 as I move them off the feed to the finish..

anyhow, I am always interested in being shown new things that could improve the health of my plants but again, if a comparison to the lucas formula is being made in a peat based medium...... 8ml micro/16bloom @6.8 from veg thru flower. Only addatives to this are general hydro koolbloom in the required stage of flowering. Gypsum mollasses once weaned off the feed near the end.

cheers!
It was my homies recomendation. he runs the "lucas formula"at 6/9ml/ gallon. I just took that based off his recomendation. :) accodring to my calculations the way you run it would have aloot more p and k

dramamine

Cool thread. Your formula is really close to what I run. My mag is a little higher. Micros are a bit different too, but I've changed up with those a few times now. Be good to see how things come out.

Terppalooza

cheers!
looking at the numbers that the 2/4 Micro/bloom ml/L i think it would make sense for me to start feeding that starting today. it would be the only formula in the lineup with a very high p... ill probaly start using it. might update the thread later