What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Athena vs Canna Coco vs General Hydro vs Masterblend vs Terpy Feeding.... & Synganic vs... Canna Terra vs General Hydro vs Batguano vs Terpy Feeding

Terppalooza

Organic Amendments Only

Attachments

• PXL_20230209_201301611.jpg
    PXL_20230209_201301611.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 77

Dube

I am following along but I am curious as to why your "lucas formula" ratios are what they are.
In my experience with what we call the lucas formula , and because you are in a peat based medium, that ratio should be 2mls per liter Micro and 4mls Bloom or 8/16 per gallon. PH must also be adjusted for a peat based medium and inputs should be 6.6 to 6.8 ideally.
I also fortify my peat based medium (sunshine mix #4 = peat and perlite) with AG Gypsum and Dolomite(dolopril) when I ready it for plants.
I am not trying to school you here ..... just relating my own experience with the lucas method which I have been using since general hydro flora series was first being adopted by cannabis growers here in Canuckistan..... so sometime in the mid 90's I'm thinkin
I still use it to this day so I think if you are going to do a fair comparison , that ratio needs to be adjusted. I rarely get Calcium deficiencies with that ratio in peat based mixes save for varieties that in themselves have high calcium demands. This is easy to identify and remediate but I find I rarely need to. PH becomes important here and is why all inputs to my plants in Peat based media are adjusted 6.8. With the exception of the last 3 weeks of flower when I begin to drift it down to 6.3 as I move them off the feed to the finish..

anyhow, I am always interested in being shown new things that could improve the health of my plants but again, if a comparison to the lucas formula is being made in a peat based medium...... 8ml micro/16bloom @6.8 from veg thru flower. Only addatives to this are general hydro koolbloom in the required stage of flowering. Gypsum mollasses once weaned off the feed near the end.

cheers!
How much gypsum and lime are you using to amend the soil?

Tynehead Tom

for an 18gallon tote of dry sunshine 4 I am adding a standard size solo gup of AG gypsum and a little over 1/2 that with Dolopril

Broggemann

Amazing thread!

Any reason you don't use pure coco or an inert media for your test?
You'd have a clean slate and could pinpoint every observation directly to the nute profiles.

If you're curious about micro nutrients in Floraflex, you can look them up on their instagram page, they posted a complete analysis a while ago.
They are definitely in there.

Your calculated calcium levels in the lucas formula don't seem right as well, way too low.
Should be around 100ppm.

Terppalooza

Amazing thread!

Any reason you don't use pure coco or an inert media for your test?
You'd have a clean slate and could pinpoint every observation directly to the nute profiles.

If you're curious about micro nutrients in Floraflex, you can look them up on their instagram page, they posted a complete analysis a while ago.
They are definitely in there.

Your calculated calcium levels in the lucas formula don't seem right as well, way too low.
Should be around 100ppm.
No I just choose to use vermiculite, because I had some lying around. 😂 No particular reason, I'm used to using coco and perlite usually. But I thought I'd give this a try

Terppalooza

Lucas Formula - Synganic btw the night the dude mentioned to feed 2/4 micro/bloom I researched a bit more and decide to switch everything Lucas formula to that

Attachments

• PXL_20230216_214402560.jpg
    PXL_20230216_214402560.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48