What's new

As of today what is the absolute MOST POTENT cannabis strain available?

G

Quote:Originally Posted by whizzard
I guess seeing as the thread has strayed a bit, again. When someone says "this pot is 22% THC" what does that mean to us as consumers? 22% per pound, per ounce, per gram? What? Is there a standard amount that is tested? If the breeder I am reading about says his Cannabis is 22% and that I can/should expect 250+ grams at harvest, 22% of 250 grams will be THC? That's not much better than hemp. I would also wonder about the testing itself, as in the picture the guy appeared to be breaking up the sample to be tested with his fingers? Just wonder what the real numbers are, and what they mean.

calikush said:
Wizzard, I think when they say "this strain has 22% THC" it means that 22% of the cannabanoids in the cannabis is THC and the other 78% is some other cannabanoid like CBD or CBN. It sounds like the percentage of THC is in terms of concentration not amount like weight.
Mel Frank explains alot about cannabanoids and THC in his book
"The Marijuana Growers Guide" Here:
http://www.marijuanagirls.com/MarijuanaFree/MarijuanaGrowGuide.html#c2_2

By the way, supposedly Satori by mandala seeds has 28% THC wich would make it one of the most potent strains in the world.

quote: Sam_Skunkman

calikush & whizzard

Wrong,
As far as I know Cannabinoids are not measured as a total weight all lumped together. It has little value to be measured like that.
THC% is measured as a percentage of the dry weight of the plant materials, herbal or resin. And if the THC is 22% it does not follow that 79% is other Cannabinoids, what about stems, flowers, leaves, resin? They do have weight. Yes 22% of the 250 grams will be THC. It makes no difference what the total weight is a pound, ounce, gram, it is 22 % of that amount, if the THC content is 22%. BTW, Hemp is a maximum of .2% THC or 100 times weaker then 22%.
Mel Franks book is a bit outdated, he is using 1974 info and Cannabis science has learned a lot since then like that there are 66 Cannabinoids found in Cannabis not 37 that Mel reported back then.

-SamS

Thank you calikush and Sam for those detailed explanations. I can see both explanations having merit. I would hypothetically much rather have a gram of bud that measured 22% THC than a pound of bud that measures 22% THC(.2%) if I am understanding this all correctly. Another thought occurred to me as well. In reality I personally think it would be almost impossible to truely give a real percentage of THC in any given strain because I am sure anyone that has any experience whatsoever growing knows that almost every bud of the same plant can and will vary in potency depending on location of the plant. Also I guess I did not realize that the stated weights in the breeders descriptions were not dry. Shame on me for that assumption. Good thread. :joint:

guest396

TomHill, I have smoked some really good Hazes most recently was a thai x haze really nice as the sativa's effect me differently I guess idon't always notice as much compared to the indie's....

G

To bad i did'nt save this,TOM,SAM,Fj an friends!

To bad i did'nt save this,TOM,SAM,Fj an friends!

TomHill said:
Admittedly I did not read this thread. No matter, the answer to the title is clear enough- A good pure Haze- & I doubt the answer will change anytime soon.-T
Thanks SAM,TOM,Fj....i agree!!!

How can i say this,in MY 31 years of growing i have and probly
will never see a plant so POTENT and for any Indica or Sativa lover!!

THIS ASIAN GIRL MAY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GIVE A TEST OF 30% thc!
You all are looking at my prized sativa that got frosted to death in 83'..
the resins on her where the mostly oily greasy and red golden colored!!
Who ever i smoked it with just couldn't even believe the potency..
Sorry to say she died and i never saved the genetics but this peace
of history is what you want, there is NO better high than being HIGH!!!!
Me and my best plant in 1983,i will NEVER forget her and hope you all
can enjoy this old sativa that im still looking for but may never find again?

G

Right now i would say shiskaberry and purple erkle are on the top of my lists.

shiva das

i smoked some godbud last night that rocked me!!!
I packed a small bowl, and took a hit....one hit. I took all the smoke in.
Bam.
I was transported into a almost "whaw, whaw" world that nitrious gives you. But, with nitrious, that "whaw whaw" doesn't last that long. Well, this godbud took me for alonger ride. I thought I was actually going to pass out....and I was driving!!! I know, I know...I shouldn't be driving and smoking...but shit happens.
anyway, I finally came out of it, after almost missing my exit.
I have had other experinces like that with herb before. But this seemed more powerful then all the other times.
Godbud.
Bajasauce, I would second the shiskaberry. I use to have a shiskaberry plant back in the mid 90's. I will never forget her.
Girlfriends come and go, but you never forget your favorite cannabis plant.
bom bom shiva

dfa

my friends uncle's ww x nl1. scares people, makes people throw up, makes people pass out.

before i had a big tolerance, a bowl of dj's FLO sent a shockwave from the bottom on my heels to the back of my brain.. crazy shit...

G

I have been smoking herb since 1972, and over the years I have found some realizations...for me anyway. I look at pot sorta like I do alcohol, in that there are countless different types and varieties of booze, and each one of them can screw you up royal, but each having their own distinct flavor and potency.

I found that the most potent alcohols for me were Bacardi's 151 rum and Everclear grain. Their stats backed them up as well. But, who in their right mind can really enjoy either of those two beverages? Oh yeah, they will take the top of your head off quick, but I personally found that you tend to lose friends when the top of your head is exposed and all.
So, I found that I could imbibe in much mellower beverages, with a far better taste, and still get roasted as I pleased.
(although I rarely drink at all now...I honestly think I grew out of it, if that is something that really happens)

With herb, I don't waste my time looking for something that will take the top of my head of with a couple tokes, although I will never turn down a gift horse. I find that more flavorful and mellower smokes are where it's at.
And with the quality of buds today, I can find great tasting, smelling, and potent smoke that probably only tests out at 2-5% THC. And I really give a squat about those marketing numbers. (shrug) But some folks like to use them as a gage I spose.

All that being said, the most potent and very best weed I ever smoked is the one that got me high the very first time in the summer of 1972.
It was a no-brainer, in more ways than one, that I was destined to follow the cult of ganja from that point forward.
Long story short...buddy of my cousin and I had a line on a qt elbo of Panamanian red buds. Cuz and myself had decided this was our opportunity to try the demon weed out, as our buddy was shy on all the coin, and needed a lids worth more, which we gladly offered to help. (for you youngins, a lid was about 15 grams ~ half oz give or take...at least for me and my homies thats what a lid meant, and it also meant only about $15 of our money)

Folks, to this day, that was some of the most beautiful weed I have ever seen. We toasted a thumb roll right out of the qtlb bag in our buddies garage moments after the transaction. What a potent and long lasting buzz that weed had. Unbelievably sweet stuff. It owned me day one. And I have really never found any weed that did it quite like that first time.
(well that part may be bullshit, but at least I keep saying I've never had as good of weed, even though I certainly have) But none holds the importance of the Panama Red that deflowered me that hot July day.

007grow

Hands down black domina is the most potent strain I have ever grown or smoked I used to get my jollies shutting parties down with a cone... it would whip even the all day everydayers like a lil biotch after smoking it non stop for a week or 2 though it looses some of the edge but even then spits and shits on anything and i have had it all!

guest396

Lew Grew, good to see you on the same post always meant to tell you I liked your 63LB outdoor shuffle looked good!

you know on another note people may remember this as I am surethe story made the newsin san fran... I was probably 15-16 living in the bay area (Redwood city at that time '85-'86) and my neighbor was a biker and he saw I knew what was up with the bikes and stuff and had been raised to some degree in that type of life style so one day when I caught him smoking a bowl he took a liking to me and offered me some as well. The bud was real nice, kinda red almost an Indian clay color but the most notable thing was it had some sand in it. I thought he must have dropped his bag in the sand at the beach. well, when I ask him about it he says to me no a bunch of huge bags of weed had washed up on the beach and I guess the story was that his friend got what he could before the cops got there and that it was from a boat that had to dump it in the ocean due to them being boarded by the coast guard! I smoke on but wasn't to sure about the story....well it was some real good weed and I never thought much about it at the time until some months later my mom and I moved to Pacifica and our neighbors son busts out a fat sack for me, now he doesn't smoke mind you so I'm like where did you get the weed from? and he says it's from his moms stash and I ask does she really smoke? and he says, get this, yeah she's a cop(SFPD) and she gets it from the property room or some shit and I was really trippin' then. so I go back to my apt and go get the bong to smoke up I dump out the nugs and it's the same red ass weed with sand in it same great smell same bomb taste I guess the biker told the truth.... that was some really nice weed wouldn't mind having it again today. no shit huh? Ya never know....

OHGEE-out

Last edited:
G

That Red brings back memories!!!!!!!

Oh how cool it was back then,all the colors
of the rainbow in weed........and hash we had it made!

the RED really really had the best insence smell and spicy!
GOD do i miss the RED,that shit looked velvety pink red!!!!!!

Even the GOLD back then was great but did NOT even compare
to my ASIAN GIRL.........boy am i glad to atleast grown her out!

You see i really think i am right in saying the longer the plant grows
the better developed the resins become,so a latter flowering afghan
is way better than a early flowering one same goes with sativas........

Still i do have alot of strains to try yet,since there is like 6000 out there!

You know im ALWAYS POSTING PROOF in pics,are you all in the same book with me?
SAM needs to post some amazing proof pics that is if he has any...not in his gallery?
THats for shure?????.....security reasons maybe?

Like to say a few thoughts about potency in weed,i always thought that even
your blood type can play a role in the effects of thc and cannabinoids..........
Say you have a strain that kicks your butte,but other folks not really???
Maybe the way the blood co-agulates with cems is different with blood types?
AS a doctor they may be able to match cannabinoids to help medical needs better!
Just a thought ive been thinking about when it comes to different effects in all kinds
of people being a bit different to them??....if i was able to try this FREELY thier may
be somthing to help folks find their best matches for thier needs,medical or just plain
feeling the potency in the right way!!!!!!......point being that with all the different kinds of cannabinoids one could test and choose their types to go along with THC!!

SAM have you tinkered with this,or a similar thoughts??????
Call it a cannabinoidal personality match up!!!!!!
What Sam says is true,the cannabinoids do help the buzz go further or stronger!
Thats what the old SATIVAS had a complex cannabinoid porfile that gives the old
style long lasting body buzzzzzzzzzzzz we had in the past!!
Ramble freakin Ramble............i could be called Dr. FEEL GOOD hahahahahah!!!! :rasta:

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
mannnnnnnnn really wish i was around back then . hope some of these old strains might be revived . tried of hearing bout kush. my most potent still hash plant possibly this hp13. close next is frankies uptown haze my ohaze.

TNJed

goodmangigabyte said:
People that do heroin say it's better than sex. Like literally, I'd rather do heroin rather than have sex. It's 40 times more potent than opium. Of course it's better than weed, you twit.
:wave:

Wow. Just...wow.

G

Just another tip from an old boy!!!!!!!

Just another tip from an old boy!!!!!!!

Hey folks!

Got a really good tip for those who want to really really
see what every strain is all about,you see for those who
like indicas to smoke sativas or hybrids sam day or days...
will only interupt the true HIGH of each strain.

You must only smoke a (certain strain) without others being involved!!!
Example:Take the strain you want to try,only smoke that strain for days
maybe one good week to be shure thats all your getting..........

As you clean out from all other smokes,then you will truely feel the strain
under its own power!!!!......you can go a good 2 weeks of smoking even better to analize that strain.............

The same with sativas,you must get rid of all indica resins to really feel
the sativas powers of happiness TRY IT FOLKS!!!!

Lougrew! said:
Say you have a strain that kicks your butte,but other folks not really???
Maybe the way the blood co-agulates with cems is different with blood types?

I think its from the fact that there are several different places in the body that have cannabinoid receptors, and the quantity, sensitivity and types of those receptors vary a lot from person to person. If you read a little you can find out which types of cannabinoids effect which parts of the body, in fact there is a possibility that some strains would be strictly medical and have no euphoric high but would provide maximum relief esp if you get relief from reactions in the immune system.

-stb

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
crippler

crippler

my roommate in tucson back in 85" used to get pot from a female cop. the black afghani [street name] was out of this world. i don't like being crippled after one hit. i think half the fun is getting there. i would rather have 10 hits of the best color and best taste. :rasta:

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Man does this take me back.....Best weeds I ve ever smoked...one was a KILLER afghani.....I could go out and pinch the veg tips off the plants...bring them home nuke them for 10 second intervals untill dry.., roll it up and smoke it...and you would not know it wasnt bud. Awesome taste,expansion etc. If the veg tips done this ofcourse you know the bud rocked you. Was just smoking Bubba and Blow Fish with the guy that Id grown that old ghani with years ago....He agreed ghani was the shit. Lost the clones when I got arrested. The growers lost it by not selectively breeding. Man o man if I had that again. No doubt it would be elite.
I tripped off NL#1..straight up hallucinated. And then there was some pot the guy said his cousin stole from his college in Miss.....major tasty expansive and potent. Was just thinking last night....wheres the one hit action at now days????

I feel for you LOU...pretty plant you had there.

G

I use to live in the state of ky and ther was this bud that was so strong i puked on it .ther was others that just was standing and would just fall face first in the mud.
we start laughing our ass off at that .it was early 80s .my aunt would work at this joint
as a bartender and would have coffee cans of this stuff.Willie Nelson ,exile,hank w .jr would play gigs at this place.but i have not had any bud do that ever .but i was just young and dumb back then.i have drank beer and Alcohol and smoke some and puked.but it was more about the Alcohol then the bud.i do not drink now.

Latest posts

Latest posts