What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

As of today what is the absolute MOST POTENT cannabis strain available?

I've never done heroin in my life nor do I have any desire too. So when I used the term "I'd" I was referring to the viewpoint of a smackhead, but I could see how you could get confused. And I apologize for calling you a twit, but I felt that your statement that weed is 'better' than heroin needed to be corrected.
Now, to be fair, is weed 'better' than heroin in that it is less addictive, especially physically? Absolutely. Is weed 'better' than heroin in that it gives a better, more euphoric high? I would think not. You know who would probably agree with me? EVERYONE WHO'S EVER DONE SMACK. It's like that line in Trainspotting: junkies know that heroin messes up their lives, they know what it does to them physically, but they don't care, cause it's THAT GOOD. They're not stupid. They wouldn't go through all that hell for anything less than the high that only heroin could give you.
So Pirate, you can flame me, tell me I'm a heroin user (which couldn't be further from the truth), tell me that heroin is bad for you and stupid to do (couldn't agree with you more on that one) but I'm sticking by my point: the high that heroin gives probably blows away any high you could get from weed. And I hope that you and everyone else on this board never get to find out if that's true or not. :rant:

J

jipedestran

goodmangigabyte said:
People that do heroin say it's better than sex. Like literally, I'd rather do heroin rather than have sex. It's 40 times more potent than opium. Of course it's better than weed, you twit.
:wave:

dude you are a tool.

I am sorry that Philly wasted his time responding to you.

peace
jip

Z

zoolander

I went and saw some of Goods post that is 5 minutes of my life i'll never get back thanx
:asskick:

goodmangigabyte said:
Now, to be fair, is weed 'better' than heroin in that it is less addictive, especially physically? Absolutely. Is weed 'better' than heroin in that it gives a better, more euphoric high? I would think not. You know who would probably agree with me? EVERYONE WHO'S EVER DONE SMACK. It's like that line in Trainspotting: junkies know that heroin messes up their lives, they know what it does to them physically, but they don't care, cause it's THAT GOOD. They're not stupid. They wouldn't go through all that hell for anything less than the high that only heroin could give you.

All your other skewed logic aside, your statements about heroin being better than weed because it's effects are stronger are misinformed at best and make you out to be more than a little confused.

People will ruin their lives for heroin (and other highly addictive substances) not necessarily because the high is so great but because the physical DEPENDENCY is so great. There's an overwhelming urge brought on by an actual physical dependency which compels them to continue on a destructive path even when it's no longer fun. That's why they will *uck *ick for it. You talk about hearing people describe the heroin high as better than sex, but have you heard them describe the terrible feeling of detoxing and being willing to do anything to get that feeling to go away?

Marijuana, thankfully, does not have any of those issues. It's just good clean fun, bro.

:joint:

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High ALL! ...uhh...back to the topic. I saw that "Hawian Snow" boasts a 23.7% thc plus some other % of active ingredients. It also has 1st and 3rd place cup awards in recent years, so it sounds legit. I thought i might give the fem seeds a go...!
but im not convinced that the thc % is all that matters. strains like white rhino list a 12% thc, but I know for a fact that stuff can make your head spin and set you back in your seat. The stongest weed I personally have smoked was a nortern lights strain outa canada. Seriously....I like tripped for six hours! lots of visions and journeys through the heavens and shit. No, it wasnt laced because I grew it...lol.
My point being that you never here peeps saying that NL has 20+ % thc. I just took like 5 hits...thats all! I mean hell, whats one hit verses two? If I take two hits of a 12% strain verses one hit of a 24%, whats the deference in the end effect?
Peace all, bugout:Bolt:

PS I read the posts about the AK, and im seriously thinking about ponying up the cash for them beans. Too many peeps speak of its streanth "compared" to others...

JLP said:
This isn't a heroin thread,or a heroin board.

Let's keep it on topic.

JLP
Thats what I am thinking I came on here to find some strong strains not to learn about heroin.

I think MY favorite would be White widow or one of the white strains.I am not a big fan of the white rhino though makes my tolerence skyrocket.I also like the high that Purple #1 gives but I have to smoke so much of it its crazy.

Last edited:

teddynugent

OK, I know I am getting off topic again here, but I just have to say this real quick....

As far as heroin is concerned, unless you have actually tried shooting heroin and were addicted to it, you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you are talking about. Trainspotting was a movie. Yes there was some truth to the movie, but it was a movie. Same with "The Basketball Diaries" which is probably the best & most realistic movie ever made on H.
But saying stupid shit like "People prefer it over sex" is just ignorant. People who are addicted to it, do not prefer it over sex. It has NOTHING to do with that at all.
Once you become physically dependant on opiates and have been for a period of time, here's what happens:
You actually burn out all the receptors in your brain that produce Seratonin, which is the chemical you need to feel normal, happy, motivated, energetic. Basically its the chemical your brain produces that makes you act and feel like a normal person does.
So, because when you do it for a while, it causes your brain not to be able to produce seratonin on its own anymore. The only way your brain can produce seratonin is when you do the opiates.
So, its a craving that you never have or will know unless youve been addicted.
Your brain literally tells you that you NEED (not want but NEED) H. Because without it, your brain cant produce seratonin.
So, what drives people to go to such lenghts to get it is your brain telling you that you need it to live, that and keeping from going into withdrawls.
It TOTALLY takes over your life. Because it takes over your brain, you literally wake up every day living to find the money to get it, do it then find a way to get more. That is your whole life.

I've been there and lived that life for years. So I get annoyed by people talking about that life like they know what its like because they've seen a movie about it or heard/read a few things about it. No offense or anything.
And, the high is not "better" than weed. It is completely 100% different, and cannot even be compared.
I've been clean for about 2 years now, and honestly I now prefer to get stoned over using H. But, you just cant compare the 2.

It's funny though, now according to the U.S. Government, you can compare marijuana and heroin. According to them, BOTH Heroin and Marijuana are Schedule 1 Narcotics, and have absolutely NO positive uses or qualities.
It still baffles me that our Govt and their laws put pot in the same class of drugs as crack and heroin, which is saying that according to the "law", marijuana is just as bad for you and dangerous as what I call the "hard drugs" like heroin and crack....Even now, with so much scientific proof of the many many positive uses marijuana+Hemp have.

How is it that the Government accepts Sciene as the proven method of researching and declaring something as fact. But when marijuana is scientifically proven to have 100+ beneficial uses to man that it can just be ignored? Not just by the govt. and people who make our laws, but by so many citizens too, who ALL trust science enough to put their health in the hands of science, and consider things to be fact because of science. But, because of stupid old government propaganda, can still dispute the proven positive uses that marijuana has? Yet, they'll go out and drink alcohol and not think anything of it (when pot is so much safer and in my opinion a much healthier habit). It just baffles me....

Anyways, sorry about that. Back to weed....

I would def. agree with all you that kush is a great and strong strain. I love the high.

Like someone allready said, different strains affect each person differently, so obviously everyone has their favorite(s) and there will never be 1 strain that all agree is the best.
I'd have to say though, out of all the strains out there I think the 1 strain that has a very potent, and somewhat similar effect on most people is a good strong/pure Haze.

I havn't run into anyone yet that didn't get a very strong sativa high from it. Most people I know, including me think its too strong and egdy, with a kinda paranoid high.
I had a couple different friends who thought they needed to go to the hospital after smoking too much good haze. It caused them to have a panic attack, and since Ive had them before I was able to calm them down and stop them from going to the hospital. But from my experience, a good haze has a much similar effect on all Ive smoked it with.

-Teddy

Last edited:
Not trying to beat a dead horse here,but I made my 1st visit to Cali about 10 months ago to be the best man at a buddies wedding. It was about 4-5hrs North of L.A.,which was where the wife and I flew into. We met up with a former roommate and scored a sac of Bubba Kush and a vial of some decent bubble(a little dry and crumbly,but no complaints here).
Being from the East Coast,in a suburb south of Boston where I raise a family and have zero friends who aren't in jail or dead from an O.D. so my connections at the time were next to nonexsistent so this was a most welcome treat.
I smoked plenty of dank from 1986-1997,starting from the last wave of GOOD commercial that came our way all the way thru' the lots and tours of Dead shows along the East Coast but this was like I was in 9th grade again. Wow!

The reason I bring this up is goodmangigabyte found that crying after blazing up some Bubba Kush to be funny or "unmanly".I'm sure(or at least I would HOPE)that he is merely being a wise-ass or wanting to come off like Super Iron Lung Man but he is clearly just displaying his clearly lacking of experience in smoking true quality product. When I took a hit of that Bubba K,I looked like a 5 year-old girl who just watched her daddy back over her new kitten.
Tears streamed down my face each time I exhaled or had finished a session which served to me an indication that I was about to be 'lifted' to a much more pleasant state of mind. The Bubble hash was excellent as well,but NO TEARS. When I arrived at the rehearsal for my buddies wedding I quickly discovered that I was the ONLY toker there,and it was apparent for all to see. What was their first clue? My tearing eyes. Of course,after getting close to me that tell-tale dankness made it all the more apparent. Needless to say I was politely asked by the Bride and groom(a non and former toker)to refrain on the following day,since people were talking. Of course,I agreed and all went well.
That bud made me the grower I am today,onto begin my 4th grow and in search of that holy 'grail',the sticky,stinky and especially TEAR-INDUCING strain that never falls short of knocking you out of your socks and rooting you into the couch until hunger or nature calls. i love my sativas,hybrids and assorted resins,oils and extractions but there's nothing at all better than a fat spliff of some knock-out kush,one that droops your eyelids just enough to not be mistaken for a 'nod' but narcotic enough to induce laziness and/or sleep. I did this today while the kids were still at school,cranking Gogol Bordello's 'Gypsy Punk',tears streaming down my cheeks and a big ol' shit-eating grin plastered across my ugly mug. So laugh all you want Mr.Gigabyte and enjoy those killer nugs*cough-beesters-cough*you're toking.......I'll stick with mine!

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi, great thread guys !
For sure my strongest smokes were after a long smoking break, so hard to say...
First time i smoked sour jack ( sourdiesel pheno), quick dried, i had a 4 hours high, one of the best of my life... Than i smoked more than 50g of this pheno and never got a high even closed to ...
One day i smoked some pure jamaican with a friend, i wasn t smoking daily at that time, gave me 6 hours of the best high i've ever had since...

So it's really personnal, and IMO Thc is not what i'm seeking for, the most thc you get the most stoney weed you...
IMO THC and CBD only will never give you the strongest high, maybe the strongest stone, but i think that others cannabinoids are the ones which give your herb a special high or stone.... Am i right ?

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
think that others cannabinoids are the ones which give your herb a special high

youre searching THCV my friend ..... , look around to some of the great hazes for the real outta the world highs .... ;)

Fj

Rastatrue

Hey Now, All I can say on this subject is I don't think I've smoked the strongest weed yet. There certainly is some connection to the surroundings, how you got "turn on?"
They got some herb on the West Coast that will make you break out crying or laughing.
Unbelievable smoke that puts you under for 24 hrs. Also, my best experiences usually did'nt have a NAME attached. Those once in a life time surprises do come, but I'll say the best, most reliable bud will be from you grew yourself!
One Love

smellmyfinger said:
Not trying to beat a dead horse here,but I made my 1st visit to Cali about 10 months ago to be the best man at a buddies wedding. It was about 4-5hrs North of L.A.,which was where the wife and I flew into. We met up with a former roommate and scored a sac of Bubba Kush and a vial of some decent bubble(a little dry and crumbly,but no complaints here).
Being from the East Coast,in a suburb south of Boston where I raise a family and have zero friends who aren't in jail or dead from an O.D. so my connections at the time were next to nonexsistent so this was a most welcome treat.
I smoked plenty of dank from 1986-1997,starting from the last wave of GOOD commercial that came our way all the way thru' the lots and tours of Dead shows along the East Coast but this was like I was in 9th grade again. Wow!

The reason I bring this up is goodmangigabyte found that crying after blazing up some Bubba Kush to be funny or "unmanly".I'm sure(or at least I would HOPE)that he is merely being a wise-ass or wanting to come off like Super Iron Lung Man but he is clearly just displaying his clearly lacking of experience in smoking true quality product. When I took a hit of that Bubba K,I looked like a 5 year-old girl who just watched her daddy back over her new kitten.
Tears streamed down my face each time I exhaled or had finished a session which served to me an indication that I was about to be 'lifted' to a much more pleasant state of mind. The Bubble hash was excellent as well,but NO TEARS. When I arrived at the rehearsal for my buddies wedding I quickly discovered that I was the ONLY toker there,and it was apparent for all to see. What was their first clue? My tearing eyes. Of course,after getting close to me that tell-tale dankness made it all the more apparent. Needless to say I was politely asked by the Bride and groom(a non and former toker)to refrain on the following day,since people were talking. Of course,I agreed and all went well.
That bud made me the grower I am today,onto begin my 4th grow and in search of that holy 'grail',the sticky,stinky and especially TEAR-INDUCING strain that never falls short of knocking you out of your socks and rooting you into the couch until hunger or nature calls. i love my sativas,hybrids and assorted resins,oils and extractions but there's nothing at all better than a fat spliff of some knock-out kush,one that droops your eyelids just enough to not be mistaken for a 'nod' but narcotic enough to induce laziness and/or sleep. I did this today while the kids were still at school,cranking Gogol Bordello's 'Gypsy Punk',tears streaming down my cheeks and a big ol' shit-eating grin plastered across my ugly mug. So laugh all you want Mr.Gigabyte and enjoy those killer nugs*cough-beesters-cough*you're toking.......I'll stick with mine!

My point exactly :rasta:

neongreen

Veteran
N. Accumbens said:
I stay in a country were the amount of thc is taken into consideration when legislative action takes place. For example, 100 g of 1%thc leaf trim amounts to 1g of thc

Hang on a minute there. THC% doesn't work like that!

The % you sometimes see quoted with a strain is the % of total Cannabinoids. So taking your example, if the trim had 1% total content of Cannabinoids by weight, then you would in fact have 0.001g of THC in your 100g sample.

Does anyone know what the typical range for content of Cannabinoids by weight of trimmed/dried bud is?

I wonder if it would make better sense for breeders to include the % of total Cannabinoids by weight as well as the % of THC? It certainly seems that this would give a better idea of the "real" THC content of what you are growing.

B

Bluebeard

In almost all of the seeds sold commercially and traded between growers, THC at a minimum is about 97-98% of the overall cannabinoids, and represents up to about 99.9%. So, accumbens isnt too far off.

As to the range from manicured flowers you're talking a pretty wide range, especially when taking into account results from different labs with different reference samples for pure THC as well as different standards for exactly how the sample is taken, i.e. the amount of of actual material to be tested, and how that material is collected, play a huge role. Some testing methods rarely, if ever produce a result over 15%. While others have produced results of over 30% THC alone.

While I am far from being an expert on cannabinoid testing, from what I gather the range for the seeds commercially available to be from approximately 7-20% among average plants from the particular varieties, with outstandingly good or bad individuals from those lines ranging from 4-30%. With direct from region of origin landrace lines the fluctuation being much greater, it is closer to .3-15% but after a few generations of selective breeding can rival the more potent commercially available lines.

neongreen

Veteran
Thanks for that Bluebeard. For some reason, I had always taken it as being the other way round. Found it hard to believe that I could have overlooked such a basic thing after nearly 2 decades of being involved with growing/studying Cannabis! :confused: Now it makes more sense. :bashhead:

Apologies N. Accumbens - my bad :)

Ok, I admit it. OG/Bubba kush is THE most potent cannabis strain available. It brings grown men to tears, that means something.
And yes, I have smoked beasters, still do sometimes. I like beasters. It gets me high. I've smoked middies and schwag too, and those got me high as well.
I'll smoke whatever's available, though lately it's been homegrown, which is why I come to this lovely forum, to learn from the best in the business. And the only bad thing about coming to the best damn mj growing site on the planet is that a very small percentage of members have that 'my !@#$ is bigger than yours' attitude. As in, my 'kush/diesel/purple' is better than yours'.
But that's to be expected, I guess. We're guys, and guys like to brag and showoff. This is why sports cars exist.
Dutchgrown, the owner of this site, recently smoked some sfv kush that wasn't even the grower's most potent kush and it had his head spinning.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=79785&page=1

But I don't think kush is the only weed this strong.
Back in the 70's, Michael Crichton, the author of Jurassic Park, was traveling in Thailand after graduating from Harvard Medical School. He was at someone's house, and after dinner a joint of thai stick was passed around. He smoked some and went blind. HE WENT BLIND. He didn't panic, probably because he was high, and he told the lady of the house, an elderly Thai woman, his predicament. She didn't seem surprised by this at all and led him upstairs to a bed so he could sleep. When he woke up a few hours later, he could see again.
I want that. I want the weed that makes you blind. I bought some Thai Stick sativas from GN last year and I'll pop them later this year because I want to see if I can grow weed that's that psychedelic.
The only time I've had weed that made my head spin was in 97 or 98. A friend had paid $60 for an eighth of dank. That was outrageous to us at the time because we were young and still smoking brickweed, for $20 an eighth.
This bud he got didn't look anything like the compressed stem-y seedy stuff we were getting. It looked, well, like an actual bud. Our first taste of good homegrown. Two small hits and I was laid out on the coach, almost nauseous. I had trouble driving the short distance to my parent's house, which was where I was living at the time. Once there I promptly passed out.
I don't know what strain that was, but I want it, even though I realize that half of the effect is probably because I had never had really good weed before. But I still want that strain, or to find an equivalent, because part of me suspects that it was THAT good.
This is why I'm now growing. I'm tired of the inflated prices from dealers and the uneven quality. I want to grow the best weed possible. I'm looking forward to picking up some chemdog d backcrosses from rez later this year, and maybe the kush ibl from kryptonite seeds when they're out, probably in 09.
So keep smoking those kushes, people. The rest of us will be joining you, in which case you'll probably move on to the next 'holy grail' strain...
:rasta:

This is too easy ...O.G. kush , Sour D,NL5xHaze, Chem#4, Shoreline, Genius, Jack Herer +Cleaner, C99, Hash Plant, G13, NL5, maybe Bubba, Rom clone, etc.