What's new

Are you prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely an awesome thread. I'm largely prepared, but there's still a few more things I need.

Fortunately I'm one of those that has something most do not, so scavenging isn't beyond me either where its applicable. :headbange

SC

NOKUY

Veteran
..another Alaskan "cabbage plant fairy" for ya Nser:

cabbage2.jpg

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
well it might have been july. alls i know was i heard it was prime season fer the salmon. still, i was pissed that i couldnt get a bite! oh well my uncles bring back plenty of the good stuff. love that salmon!!!! i expect to be receiving even a few pounds of it tomorrow....fire up that grill!

and damn thats one helluva cabbage. careful, little girl, might fall in...

oh, so thats where carrot top's head went...

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
aight last off topic pic ..lol...but this is a 700+ pound pumpkin from where else AK.

greatpumpkin1.jpg

I also noted the nice make-shift alaska greenhouse , and nice outdoor foilge on his right.

..and u know he's got a ganja garden somewhere...prolly just his "side job"

NserUame

I concur. You gotta be pretty baked to eat a pumpkin that big.

I'm actually fairly suprised it's doing so well the soil there looks to be a bit rocky, perhaps it's just overflowing out of it's bed at this point. I'm wondering what the chicken wire enclosure is for in the bottom right hand corner.

Chickens...or trained attack wolverines...

NOKUY

Veteran
BUMP (thread got a bit off track, but we could get back on track)

I think it's an important subject :wave:

NOKUY

Veteran
Yummybud said:
I think you guys are all paranoid.
^^^from yummies post #17 in this thread

at least we don't have our head up our ass kid :pointlaug

head-up-ass.jpg

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
Magi101 said:
Any one know a good breed of rabbit to raise for meat?

rabbit is also too lean usually for a meat staple.

if all you eat is rabbit for a few months you'll pretty much starve......same w/ squirrel.

good eats for a min tho.

but don't count on it for survival.

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
unless you bag four or five them bitches and a bird!! or a cooon! then you got a country buffet! i just aligned my semi decent scope of my .22 ive had sincei was 12!
shit is soo niec ...my first scope(novice civilian/ avid gun club go-er) lol its like 1 mm off still but im not sure how to dial in the knobs tha guy didnt teach me..he kinda just did it there at the range...can someone show me where to get a long 40 round clip for a ruger LR .22 rifle?? i had plastic one that was alotta fun but over time melted and died....ill take a pic when i go to my gun storage safe house..i dont keep guns in my grow op for obvious reasons...

Last edited:

Passenger

Personally I would love people to start waking up in 2012. So we can change this world.

Last edited:

gvbh

I've always been fond of the idea of living out in the middle of the forest and being totally self-reliant. Anyone ever read the book Hatchet? I read it back in elementary school, been thinking about it since. Some day there will be another war in which nuclear weapons are used, history repeats itself after all. Not a bad idea to be prepared.

G

Almost all the ancient civilizations, Incas, Aztec', Babylonians and many more pointed to October , 2012 as the end of earth. This was based on astrology. It seems strange that all the ancient civilizations predicted the same year and day for the end.

G

Modern man has always interpreted ancient text to fit his needs,today we need a new world and a new start,hence 2012.It'll have about a big a bang as Y2K..I've done some reading about 2012 and my biggest question is who did the translations and came to the conclusions?Not is the world going to end in a few years haha.Makes for entertaining reading though and you can bet people have cashed in on others naivte

AlaskaGrows

i cant believe it took me so long to find this thread!

well i just read it in its entirety, and i got to say its prolly the best thread around :D i dont got any of my supplies together, but i plan to very soon. either this crop or the next will get me some property to begin :rasta:

thanks for all the GREAT info!
AG

PoppinFresh

I agree with The American.

the only thing scary about 2012 is the fact that we could experience it. but experience what really? no one TRULY knows and that's the same thing we've all been afraid of since we became "reasonable" - the unknown. humans are still the scared and frightened creatures that our ancient animal ancestors were millions of years ago. unfortunately, our ability to "reason" has only allowed us to factor in fears years in advance instead of in the moment.

the way i see it, if i die in some nuclear fallout, i die. oh well. it was an ok run. coulda been better. thanks god! if it comes to an issue of survival, i'll just eat some humans til i can get to someone's stockpile in that Alaska/Northwest Canada area then i'll eat that person and snack on their Fava LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts