What's new

Are you getting more than 1 gram per watt? Tell us how!

D

DHF

Chaos..........No offense intended but whoever it was that "knows their stuff" and said plant numbers are insignificant when it comes to filling the exact same sq ftg without telling you that less plants take a longer veg time to fill same said sq ftg canopy is an idiot......

Heath Robinson did a vertical rack setup with like 87 fem seedlings and clones on all 4 walls straight 12/12 from rooted cuts and seedlings the same size in his breeding program using an inside area of 4' x 6' with 2 bare 600`s side by side with 3 levels of plants on the walls in angled racks with the plants pointed at the lights and 1.53 gpw dried and cured was on the initial first run not to say what he`s pullin now after dialage........

Yeah.......lil over 4 lbs outta 1200 watts on his first run out the ass so increased plant numbers on the walls with sideways lumens blasting have EVERYTHING to do with the end result as there`s no other reason behind it.....

Ya`ll take care...DHF....:joint:

D

DHF

OG, CW , Here before he got banned , ***** , UK420, Planet Ganja , Canna Cabana ,*********......MANY others........Bro........There`s not a weedsite Heath Robinson hasn`t been on and rocked da Casbah........

You not knowing about him shows your experience level but no disrespect intended........Just do some homework in archives/old grows..........

Peace........DHF......:joint:

B

Brazilianfire

DHF, knowing or having extensive knowledge about Health Robinson or networking online via grow discussion/websites does not necessarily describe or show a person experience level in growing. Just a thought. :)

B

Brazilianfire

I think they didn't like Heath because he had his stuff down pat! You could have looked on hg, But Its shut down. :(

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Chaos..........No offense intended but whoever it was that "knows their stuff" and said plant numbers are insignificant when it comes to filling the exact same sq ftg without telling you that less plants take a longer veg time to fill same said sq ftg canopy is an idiot......

Heath Robinson did a vertical rack setup with like 87 fem seedlings and clones on all 4 walls straight 12/12 from rooted cuts and seedlings the same size in his breeding program using an inside area of 4' x 6' with 2 bare 600`s side by side with 3 levels of plants on the walls in angled racks with the plants pointed at the lights and 1.53 gpw dried and cured was on the initial first run not to say what he`s pullin now after dialage........

Yeah.......lil over 4 lbs outta 1200 watts on his first run out the ass so increased plant numbers on the walls with sideways lumens blasting have EVERYTHING to do with the end result as there`s no other reason behind it.....

Ya`ll take care...DHF....:joint:

None at all taken, I should have made that clear, the obvious overhead with lower plant numbers is longer veg time, so it is a bit less efficient overall.

solarz

OG, CW , Here before he got banned , ***** , UK420, Planet Ganja , Canna Cabana ,*********......MANY others........Bro........There`s not a weedsite Heath Robinson hasn`t been on and rocked da Casbah........

You not knowing about him shows your experience level but no disrespect intended........Just do some homework in archives/old grows..........

Peace........DHF......:joint:

OUCH bro...that was rather rough, regardless of how it was intended. Also i'm afraid its a rather incorrect statement, which may show your intelligence level (no disrespect intended :noway:)...and i do/have done research. But see the thing about research is that its done on things of interest/need....and it is quite possible that good ol Heath's documented grows haven't came up in the research i've been interested in or needed. Since you've given me some sources...i'll get right on that buddy, :joint:

solarz

socachi

Ganja baba those are some awesome looking plants. I'm just starting out and appreciate the knowledge you, Dank and others like you that are willing to share with us novices. I grow for self and in hopes of adding to my income.

Ganja you had mentioned in an 8x8 room you use 9 lights, wouldn't 4 600's be efficient and effective for an area that size with 80-100 plants? I would think they would produce enough light, or am I missing something.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats 37.5 watts/ square foot - most people think 50 - 60 is the best levels to get good buds and high yields.

---
about veg time and scrog -
just like anything else veg time is variable. i have stretchy strains i can veg for a week or two and then repot, fit the screen and throw into flower. they will easily fill it during stretch

there is no one method that is going to wave the magic wand for you - including vertical - unless you do it WELL. heath robinson's grows are very cool but i've had over his 1.52 g/watt in my horizontal scrog before when i've run a high yielding strain (and that is in organic soil not hydro)

stay safe

V.

D

DHF

Guys......I meant no disrespect but was leaning more toward if the proper homework and research had been done , you`d KNOW who Heath Robinson is and his vertical grows.........

Verdant .........His last setup finished @ 1.83 gpw`s but after his getting married he`s been semi-retired.........I`m not preaching Heath`s setup`s but rather the thoughts and preparation behind em............

I grew Krusty buckets with 3400 watts /34 per sq ft with 2 1/2 lb plants consistently but it took a longer veg cycle and flower time.........

GPW`s are all relative but the amount of time it takes ta get those final dried/cured results ALWAYS varies..........Lotta folks hide all those statistics but shout out numbers gladly without all the particulars no matter how long it took from taking a cut or germing a seed till full maturity ........

I apologize if I come off arrogant..........It was never my intention and again my knowledge and experience is what I`ve done and seen done first hand.......not hearsay..........Your mileage may vary..........

Environment means more than watts per sq ft guaranteed but...........50 watts per sq ft was found to be my sweet spot without wasting electricity for the most dense nuggage and appropriate yields...........

And for all of you that`re already awesome..........Never stop learning.........You`ll get there........

Peace.....DHF....:joint:.....

M

Mr-B

Clueless

Clueless

OUCH bro...that was rather rough, regardless of how it was intended. Also i'm afraid its a rather incorrect statement, which may show your intelligence level (no disrespect intended :noway:)...and i do/have done research. But see the thing about research is that its done on things of interest/need....and it is quite possible that good ol Heath's documented grows haven't came up in the research i've been interested in or needed. Since you've given me some sources...i'll get right on that buddy, :joint:

solarz

Man, consider yourself lucky to be getting advice from DHF. He said "no disrespect intended" but obviously you took it to heart.
If you've done any research regarding gpw then you would know who HR is and what is stadiums produce. That was the point DHF was making and everyone here (besides you) knows it.
If your feelings get hurt because someone with lots of experience pointed out your lack of knowledge then you need to read more about the subject.
It's nothing personal, most everyone is here to learn and share, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

B

gonzo`

Heath Robinson is pretty much a legend, that guy grew in so many different styles and nailed it every time. His vertical setup was sick!

Why did he get banned, he was a wealth of knowledge...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Verdant .........His last setup finished @ 1.83 gpw`s but after his getting married he`s been semi-retired.........I`m not preaching Heath`s setup`s but rather the thoughts and preparation behind em............

yep, that tops my best yield so far which was 1.6 gpw - i still think i can do a little better than that - even in organic soil. i totally agree on thoughts and preparation :) - and research

cheers

V.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Heath Robinson is pretty much a legend, that guy grew in so many different styles and nailed it every time. His vertical setup was sick!

Why did he get banned, he was a wealth of knowledge...

I don't think in 15 years of surfing i have ever seen a better grower, soquick was up there but heath robinson just had a golden thumb.
I was lucky enough to get some of his crosses before hg4*0 went caput.

I think GPW is gonna be Vertical.
Once these LED Tests are done maybe they will conquer vert.
Guess we will see soon.
http://www.rollitup.org/hydroponics-aeroponics/149998-heaths-flooded-tube-vertical.html

Last edited by a moderator:

solarz

Man, consider yourself lucky to be getting advice from DHF. He said "no disrespect intended" but obviously you took it to heart.
If you've done any research regarding gpw then you would know who HR is and what is stadiums produce. That was the point DHF was making and everyone here (besides you) knows it.
If your feelings get hurt because someone with lots of experience pointed out your lack of knowledge then you need to read more about the subject.
It's nothing personal, most everyone is here to learn and share, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

B

Once again...another incorrect statement. Please go back and re-read what he said to me,and then read what i replied to him. He commented on my EXPERIENCE, not experience with grams per watt, not my experience with vertical grows, but my EXPERIENCE. That, my friend is an incorrect statement, much like your own.

Just because i don't follow Heath's threads doesnt mean i lack experience...it just means i don't know shit about heath, period. That is what DHF commented on, and that is what i replied to. Now as to be being lucky, keep sucking dick...because although i appreciate the info that DHF is giving in this thread as well as countless others...the info would be there anyways, so weather it was DHF, Heath, or you..the info would be out there for us to read and learn from. So to comment to your statement, i'm appreciative that DHF (and others) have taken the time to spread the info, but NEVER lucky, because that shit doesn't exist!

also...for you to tag my quote as clueless...maybe its you my friend who doesn't have a clue, or just didn't take to time to read the posts that you were referring to. Even people below DHF's comments about my experience caught the same thing that i did, and commented on.

DHF, much respect for your words, and i didn't take your comment as being disrespectful, i just took it as incorrect, as i stated in my post, as well as in this one above.

solarz

hilbie

gram per watt cfls isnt going to happen, i know doc budd has make a bunch of people believe him even though he shows zeroooooooooo proof, with hids go vertical stadium and high numbers, youll be over a gpw in no time, yet very few people do this becasue of the space need. or for there style of grow and mediums of choice its to difficult, look at the vertical forum, gpw is a nut that cracked frequently and rather easily -