What's new

Are we smarter than the majority of pot smokers?

I

In~Plain~Site

I feel where you're attempting to head with this,although I have seen my share of 'WTF?!?!' posts here.

If I think about it for just a moment, aren't most people suppose to be able to construct a sentence, articulate a thought and perhaps exhibit some critical thinking skills?

The broader issue is that we've been reduced to giving people credit for shit they're suppose to be doing anyway.I know that's not where you were going with this, just throwing it out there.

smile.gif

I'm no English teacher, but for the most, the folks that partake in discussions frequently around here are fairly succinct and easy to understand. :wave:

I am sorry if some aren't really grasping the spirit of my post.

devilgoob

Veteran
I would say the site has a lot to offer, including life viewpoints.

Some people have gained life advice!

1 dont tell others about the grow
2 dont overwater
3 hydro vs organic...6oz vs 4 oz yield, but they contained same hash levels!

Iraganji

From my perspective, I've observed that most people who choose the cannabis lifestyle are the same people who "don't take any wooden nickels" so to speak. We trust our guts, more than we trust authorities. Typically, we are not the ones who have to confirm our beliefs, ideals, thoughts and actions by the acceptance of the majority. In short, we are more likely to draw our own conclusions, than accept common ones without thought or care.

There are lots of people out there who think that they think for themselves, but everything they are about just happens to be "popular". "We" stand out in a most obvious way from these people, because we have chosen to go against the grain of society. We have all collectively agreed that we were told many lies about cannabis, and that we are going to enjoy it regardless. Many of us spend much of the rest of our lives uncovering more lies in search of truth and enlightenment.

In my opinion, it isn't intelligence that separates "us" from "them". It is a different character trait. I think that we are less prone to suggestion. We like to make up our own minds......We don't take any wooden nickels, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

:smoker:

lool
im smarter than a smart guy on a dumb day maybe,,
id say im smarter than squirrles but those fuckers are fuckin smart...real smart

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
In my opinion, it isn't intelligence that separates "us" from "them". It is a different character trait. I think that we are less prone to suggestion. We like to make up our own minds

This is so true. Independent thought doesn't always mean intelligent thought, but I'd rather surround myself with the independent thinkers than the IQ crowd anyway.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

I don't think I've ever seen an OP as troll bait as this. Hmmm, was it on purpose methinks? Must resist the temptation. Must resist. . . whew, passed.
picture.php

Classic trolling dude. Good stuff. See, I don't think I could even come up with something this funny, not even going to put the energy into it. OMG SO TEMPTING.
picture.php

1 picture is worth 1000 words.

That makes this response quite valuable.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
lol... please just spell it out from now on.

Your is not You Are... lets start there.

You're lol stoners

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
ima an idiot savant when it comes to things im a fukin genious at certain things but have probs doin some simple tasks like organization and neatness..but i know whats what ppl think im out my mynde half the time then get amazed...lol im smarter then most iq wise just a stoned fukin mess..lol

i think that smart is the ability to ask. people that ask questions ( to themselves or others) are and will always be smarter than those who do not.. 73's Herb

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont spell well I admit it. Sometimes my mind is faster then my fingers that= Gibberish that all my ICMAG friends understand and dont criticize me for it. Im still smarter then your average bear lol.

I dont care if you spell right or if you have proper grammar. This does not make you stupid.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
of course we are lol...we choose to grow and involve ourselfs in the production of their casual end of the day remedy....when i tell people basic things about growing like properly flushing buds or phenotype hunting it blows their minds...i also feel like most growers share common political views on individual rights and personal freedoms, and are not brainwashed by fundamentalist bullshit like 90% of society..seriously could you see a grower be duped by that harold camping moron, i think not!

fair share of smokers have no idea what they are even smoking....tune in the the "smokeout mix" on XM radio, tuesday nights on shade45...they have a segment where people call in and say what they are smoking on, most of it is hillarious! "hey im smoking on some bubblegum cotton candy kush....or hey im smoking on some pink tutty fruity kush, everything always has "kush" on the end of it lol...

im not gonna front like im smarter or more inclined than other people...my grammar isnt the best sometimes, i dont know how to work on cars or fix computers...but when it comes to weed your damn right i know more than the average person..and still much more to learn too!

W

wilbur

I don't like the idea IC people are 'smarter' ... but I came here from a site that seeme to be run like a biker gang, where member inclusion in the forums was decided by the members most active in the chat room and only incidentally by the site's administration.

so prevailing values there included familiarity with corruption ... and I don't much like corruption and its twin, flaunted criminality ...

ZoSo

I think most internet forums contain a userbase that is on average smarter than those who do not participate on forums.

Forums are mainly a place of information. A place to learn. Those who have the desire to seek out information to quell their curiosities are probably gonna be more intelligent than those who don't. Those who don't are far more likely to pay other people to do things for them, learning absolutely nothing in the process and building zero character.

I take pride in learning how to do things for myself. Like fix my car or a computer, improve my baseball swing, or grow pot. And it's not just about the money savings. You get more satisfaction out of your own hard work.