What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are there any reputable clone vendors in USA??????????

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Some cuts gonna be viroid resistant and never show a sign and still be carriers
thru meristem culture they can be cleaned up, long slow process...
S1's of strains that show can be selected clean
🤷‍♂️ time and money ...
I’m in an illegal state. That tissue culture stuff would be nice but not feasible for a guy like me. I heard it’s super expensive too, is that true?

acespicoli

I’m in an illegal state. That tissue culture stuff would be nice but not feasible for a guy like me. I heard it’s super expensive too, is that true?
If you get pro lab work done for sure $$$$
First book I got on it was like 20 years ago

1707874803276.png

• Publisher ‏ : ‎ Timber Press; 3rd edition (October 28, 1996)
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 240 pages
  • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 0881923613
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-0881923612
Every hobby I get into ends up costing me money some how...

Buy agar
save old baby food jars canning jars etc...
make a diy air flow hood wash with dilute bleach work in boxers... 🤷‍♂️

Dont buy these seperate get a premix of it just add distilled water and agar

Ingredients​

Mammillaria miegiana on liquid MS media

Major salts (macronutrients) per litre​

Minor salts (micronutrients) per litre​

Vitamins and organic compounds per litre​

1707875315063.png

could you imagine getting your clone in a cryo tube used for seeds?

>Best>ibes>>> :huggg:

Last edited:
And these miscreants do not test their plants, selling infected or infested crap, to ruin people gardens. Lost $2k In genetics from Bens Nursery sending spider mites that got into each room. If you spent that much on electric to grow clones, you sold $10 million worth of them. Get real. Probably another parasite clone seller I mentioned since only 4 posts.
I don't sell clones this is one flower areas, room picture taken mid way in it , of a ....few. It takes money to hold onto genetics and pump them out , properly. My point was as I stated, i dont have a huge setup i know what my bill is imagine a real Nursery. I'll show you a pic of a light bill if you say pretty please 🥰

Attachments

• 20240126_033431.jpg
    20240126_033431.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
If you get pro lab work done for sure $$$$
First book I got on it was like 20 years ago

View attachment 18959559
  • Publisher ‏ : ‎ Timber Press; 3rd edition (October 28, 1996)
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 240 pages
  • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 0881923613
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-0881923612
Every hobby I get into ends up costing me money some how...

Buy agar
save old baby food jars canning jars etc...
make a diy air flow hood wash with dilute bleach work in boxers... 🤷‍♂️

Dont buy these seperate get a premix of it just add distilled water and agar

Ingredients​

Mammillaria miegiana on liquid MS media

Major salts (macronutrients) per litre​

Minor salts (micronutrients) per litre​

Vitamins and organic compounds per litre​

View attachment 18959560
could you imagine getting your clone in a cryo tube used for seeds?

>Best>ibes>>> :huggg:
Can lophophora williamsii be grown faster through tissue culture?

acespicoli

Thats a good question im not sure about faster, although if thats you cup of tea there are faster growing sacraments in the cacti family.
San Pedro, Peruvian Torch, etc
... Google Peyote Church....
Best you have a guide for the journey
Maybe your decide not to travel :huggg:
Either way personal choice >Best>>>ibes

Cactus Squatter

No. Tissue culturing won’t speed up the growth rate. Lophophora grows extremely slowly, the only way to speed it up a little is grafting it to other root stock.

Honestly, the only reason to actually grow it at home would be from a conservation standpoint. To grow enough of it to use takes so long, and requires so much of them that it’s not really worth it to do. It could take 40 years for one to reach roughly 3 inches in size, and it takes several to get you there.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
In terms of expansion of plant mass, tissue culture would be advantageous.

PS You can certainly get three inch Lophophora within ten years

Loc Dog

Veteran
Ask local growers and dispensaries for referrals. It's frustrating that testing falls on buyers; sellers should step up.
In fascist corporate cannabis state, so no local access. Might have to drive a few states away with list of several sellers and inspect in person before buying. These miscreants sell plants that are heavily infected and trim of all the lower growth that is rotting, and has obvious stem cankers rotting right through the stem.

Strainly, mg1brands, and others are sleazebag scammers. Probably selling fake genetics, and counting on them dying before flowering.

Strainly is the worst of the worst. Besides designing site so that you have to contact seller to get any deals offered, and paying by invoice, then strainly says you went around them and can not leave feedback when clones arrive crawling with spider mites or on verge of death from mold, they gave my e-mail to hackers who have sent over 200 malware infected emails, and just had credit card that I rarely use, and used with them had fraudulent purchases.

On RIU website about 4000 posts, mostly negative about strainly padded with BS fake accounts saying they are great, like has happened in this thread also, with new accounts popping up just to post here, and bury the facts.

MG1brands website is as bad as his clones. Total mess with generic about page not even about them.

Last edited:

airplane

tried Strainly got $70.00 lost person said he could not find the seeds - no money returned can get this persons ID stuff from Strainly

xtsho

Saw on reddit that someone bought 12 from clone bank and 8 came back testing positive for HLVD.

I'm not surprised. I don't understand why people feel the need to purchase clones from shady people. 90% of the time the clones are not going to be what's described and are diseased and infested with bugs. The other 10% are not worth what's being charged. Just get a couple packs of seeds and grow some pot without all the drama. You don't need to go through dozens of plants pheno hunting like some think.

Cannabis growers overcomplicate everything. People without any knowledge of Plant Science are expert horticulturists because they got a plant to flower and then they think they know it all. If they knew it all they wouldn't be paying $500 for a clone and then justifying it by claiming it's this and that special pheno of something. A pack of ten seeds of any decent strain is going to produce some decent plants as good as any of these so called "Fire" cuts some scammer is selling on social media.

xtsho

tried Strainly got $70.00 lost person said he could not find the seeds - no money returned can get this persons ID stuff from Strainly

Just buy seeds off of a reputable seed bank. Why in the hell did you bother with strainly in the first place?

Loc Dog

Veteran
Just buy seeds off of a reputable seed bank. Why in the hell did you bother with strainly in the first place?
Nothing beats a top shelf clone if healthy. People tried backcrossing GG4 for years, and no one beat it for potency, production, and ease of trimming. Seeds are a crap shoot, and will get different phenos. First post I made when starting this thread was this is not a debate about seeds versus clones. Like indoor/outdoor, hydro/dirt, seeds;clones is personal choice, and not worth debating. If you enjoy playing the seed lottery, that is great. I grew GG4 many times and had various results. Would rather have something that won an award or general consensus from people whose opinions I trust, that, that exact genetic is capable of something exceptional.

Forgot to mention what has already been mentioned in thread. Seeds can also have HLVD and Fusarium, plus other diseases mentioned by acespicoli. According to Tumi, 30% chance of getting infected seeds if either parent infected.

Would love to open a reputable clone company, but need clean or somewhat clean cuts. If not completely clean takes a year to produce tissue cultured mother.

Last edited: