What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are there any reputable clone vendors in USA??????????

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
First off this is not a debate on seeds vs clones. If you like pheno hunting, that is great and not topic of this thread. I have grown excellent GG4 and poor GG4. I am not a great grower and want to start with something award winning or close.

With the hemp law and DEA saying they are not persuing seeds and clone shipments there are more and more vendors everyday. This is a very easy way to make almost as much as growing, which is still illegal in many places or only the rich are allowed to grow in areas like mine. Very simple to pay slightly high price for top quality clones, test them for HLVD and Mold for $65 maintain clean practices, grow them out and get rich providing an honest product and service.

Sadly this is not the case and sites like strainly and seed canary give sellers a venue to sell their product, which much of the time is crap, with the parent site not allowing feedback from anyone who gets ripped off by sleazy sellers.

On strainly last year bought from seller that said all clones were pest and pathogen free. They list all of the things they do to ensure top quality product, and I made mistake of believing them. Had recently received clones that arrived during heatwave and died within 24 hours, so put fan on these. Then noticed crappy looking leaf, cut off and spider mites. Took microscope pictures and threw them out. Seller swore up and down they must have got into sealed bag during shipping, and reluctantly shipped new batch. There were a couple of eggs on leaf I checked with microscope. Had them from outdoors once, and easily took care of with Neem, so treated them for 3 weeks. Did not realize they were mites from hell that were hardened by being hit with everything warehouse growers could get their hands on. Wasted a year of time, $1500 in genetics, electric, nutrients, etc., with them popping up again everytime I thought they were gone. At the end, had 2 no pest strips in 5X5 tent for 4 days, and they were running around like meth heads, so even immune to that. Finally got botrytis from spraying so much and lost everything. Shutdown for three months and repeatedly bug bombed rooms plus UVC treatments. Later found someone 6 months previous left feedback about spider mites, and when mentioned on ICmag 5 people knew who I was talking about, and got from same plant. Strainly also lets sellers sell under multiple names and let them change names to avoid responsibility for their garbage product.

Since no income and losing a year, saw seed canary sale direct from them and not a vendor, and ordered 3. They arrived on deaths edge and easily identified stem canker which means sure to die. These clones were old and were cut to ship. If they had been younger they may have lived a few weeks before dying of what would look like root rot but roots would be fine. Most sellers only guarantee if dead on arrival. Makes you wonder if they know this, sell fake strains, and know there is no chance they will ever make it through flower. Ditto from strainly seller. They had cut off bottom 3 sets of leaves which were dead, dying from bottom up since their mothers are infected. None made it 2 days, were thrown out, and had to disinfect everything, luckily in quarantine area. Both tried all they could to deny refund and would not allow feedback. Both were site owners intentionally allowing infected clones to be sold.

Just ordered from get seeds right here, and have been jerked around for a month, always it will go out today, or first thing next week. Since then researching and people talk about paying and never getting anything and fake clones. trying to get money back through credit card company.

So has anyone found reputable clone vendors in USA selling desirable clones and not their crosses or seeds they grew, for reasonable price?? Buyers should not be expected to pay for testing themselves, which if actually done by seller (sure their are many full of shit that say they tested) would not be needed.

Have heard of discord but they seem as shady as many other sites, and only take payments through smartphone which I can not afford and have no use for.

I would start a legitimate business with high ethics, but getting customers has always been my problem.

Found a few sites that look respectable, but mostly older strains, and not award winners. They sell to commercial growers in major legal states.

Last edited:

Ca++

Are there no commercial grows in your state? At this point, I would be giving one a sob story, and seeing if they can help you out. Perhaps with something that's not significant to them, as it's commonly available.

I would be turning up, and offering to clean the yard or something. There is something you can do for them, you just need to tell them so.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
With the hemp law and DEA saying they are not persuing seeds and clone shipments
some states still have laws RE seeds, but i'm not sure they have any enforcement teeth. :sneaky: esp since the USPS is a federal agency. poorly run, and bleeding money, but still federal. i'm glad to see the DEA slacking off and not wasting their time (and OUR money) on something as futile as trying to stop pot seeds from being moved about. i'm feeling safer already!

Loc Dog

Veteran
One thing I should mention, is that I mentioned to beleaf that a seed canary was selling infected cuts of white truffle and offered to send seeds for free. Turned down since thought I was getting it from strainly, not knowing they were sending more infected crap. The clones Beleaf was selling for crazy prices last year is only about twice as much as inexpensive sellers and cheaper than some of the crooks. Saw Discord sellers who wanted $1000 for 3 snips of some cross they made. One of the reasons I do not trust Discord. Also heard someone left negative review of biggest seller who is mod there, and was banned, so big red flag.

Loc Dog

Veteran
some states still have laws RE seeds, but i'm not sure they have any enforcement teeth. :sneaky: esp since the USPS is a federal agency. poorly run, and bleeding money, but still federal. i'm glad to see the DEA slacking off and not wasting their time (and OUR money) on something as futile as trying to stop pot seeds from being moved about. i'm feeling safer already!
They said not going after shipments. Makes me wonder if they will watch where they are going, although everyone has things shipped to safe address.

airplane

try these 2 "Get Seeds Right Here" (they sell clones also) and the Clone Cellar.com 00 clones are from $100.00 to $2,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clones thru the mail is covered under a Ag law

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Regardless who you buy from . You NEED a quarantine area away from your grow. Get seeds right here is great and have always come through for me. I have patience however and let it come when it comes. Sometimes it's days and sometimes a few weeks.

These guys are never going to please 100% of people. Someone has a Bad grow , must be the vendor or a fake clone etc.

Loc Dog

Veteran
try these 2 "Get Seeds Right Here" (they sell clones also) and the Clone Cellar.com 00 clones are from $100.00 to $2,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clones thru the mail is covered under a Ag law
Get seeds right here is latest I have had problems with. Paid on Sunday night since the only ship Monday through Wednesday hoping they would ship during cool weather break. Did not even acknowledge order till following Sunday night and gave tracking number. Expected it to ship Monday. Thursday they said would ship beginning of next week. Tuesday of next week asked when they would ship and said tomorrow. Did not ship, and said beginning of next week. Did not ship. Told going out that day, and did not. Explained when first contacted I did not care, but need to be given updates, and all I got was lies about when it would ship. They did not reply to 2 e-mails days apart. Requested refund going into 4th week with no explanations. Asked for refund and said no refunds. They have zero customer service. They wasted a month of my time.

UPDATE!!!!! Months later, but package arrived today without notice from Get Seeds Right Here. Was the 3 strains I had ordered and waited for, plus UK Cheese, for free for inconvenience. Must have had issues, revamped production. I had given up on clone sellers, but this is going above and beyond expectations.

Update to update - all clones had fusarium. Some dead in a week, even foliar spraying to try to salvage genetics, and all dead at 5 weeks, trying best to salvage and take clones hoping to save genetics.

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Veteran
FarmerJoe on ig. He posts his testing results as well.

I bought my Chem 91 skva cut through him and am enjoying the hell out of it.
Think he is also on discord, did not have what I was looking for. When I get my refund from last seller, thanks to mastercard, am going to try California sellers that deal with commercial growers and sell for sane prices.

airplane

Get seeds right here is latest I have had problems with. Paid on Sunday night since the only ship Monday through Wednesday hoping they would ship during cool weather break. Did not even acknowledge order till following Sunday night and gave tracking number. Expected it to ship Monday. Thursday they said would ship beginning of next week. Tuesday of next week asked when they would ship and said tomorrow. Did not ship, and said beginning of next week. Did not ship. Told going out that day, and did not. Explained when first contacted I did not care, but need to be given updates, and all I got was lies about when it would ship. They did not reply to 2 e-mails days apart. Requested refund going into 4th week with no explanations. Asked for refund and said no refunds. They have zero customer service. They wasted a month of my time.

During that month waiting, started searching for reviews. Saw people that ordered several times (seeds) then got burned for $500 order. In last month saw people who received bugs and hlvd, but did not test for mold. Another this year said their permanent marker was fake. No where on the site does it say they will take upto a month to send. If not for mastercard, would have been burned.

Sellers can make a great living, from just selling clones, but is their responsibility to sell clean product. With so many scammers in the business, luckily Tumi sells HLVD and Mold tests for fusarium, botrytis, and pythium which if plant is infected is worse than HLVD. The bad sellers should be identified Get seeds right here, may have just had a few problems and hopefully addressing it,. Seed canary and strainly know they are selling infected clones and shelter their sellers, letting them change names and refusing to let people leave negative feedback

Looked at another vendor MG1SEEDS who every item starts with will send 3 snips right away with zero guarantee, or wait 2 weeks and will send rooted clone. Says he tests his mothers. I asked what he tests them for and get no reply. HLVD makes lame plants and contaminates gardens. Mold kills the plant and many clones taken from it.
good info "Yea ! always got freebie from them but last order I didn't - they came out with a "lame" excuse for not sending freebies they made it out as the Breeders fault. No more order by them

Loc Dog

Veteran
good info "Yea ! always got freebie from them but last order I didn't - they came out with a "lame" excuse for not sending freebies they made it out as the Breeders fault. No more order by them
I really can not talk about their seed business, since only ordered clones. They might be more conscientious with seeds since broker for Ethos. Just remembered that about a week before I placed order, had contacted them mentioning which strains I was going to order, and that I would order the next weekend after checking to make sure they did not change weather forecast for cooler weather. They did not mention it would take a month to ship or they would have to root them. Of the 3 horrible companies I have dealt with, strainly is the worst, and has 430 pages of mostly negative feedback on RIU, followed by seed canary, then them who only has a few pages, but pretty bad problems. Had an ex business partner that became a crackhead, and that is what these people seem like.

For seeds there should be good reliable vendors here, that care about happy customers. Also have heard good things about greatlakes, but no experience, and saw attitude has US based seedbank now.

Last edited:

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really can not talk about their seed business, since only ordered clones. They might be more conscientious with seeds since broker for Ethos. Just remembered that about a week before I placed order, had contacted them mentioning which strains I was going to order, and that I would order the next weekend after checking to make sure they did not change weather forecast for cooler weather. They did not mention it would take a month to ship or they would have to root them. Of the 3 horrible companies I have dealt with, strainly is the worst, and has 430 pages of mostly negative feedback on RIU, followed by seed canary, then them who only has a few pages, but pretty bad problems. Had an ex business partner that became a crackhead, and that is what these people seem like.
So it goes. I ordered a clone from gsrh on the 22nd and it landed today in great health. Your experience is pretty unusual, I have friends that also order there all the time as well and have nothing but good things to say.

Loc Dog

Veteran
So it goes. I ordered a clone from gsrh on the 22nd and it landed today in great health. Your experience is pretty unusual, I have friends that also order there all the time as well and have nothing but good things to say.

Aug 16, 2022
I had asked on discord many had bad reviews for Get Seeds Right Here
I bought what I thought was Gary Payton over a year ago from gsrh. But I knew in about 3 weeks was chem family. Turned out to be stardawg corey cut which in the long run I'm happy about. But they where assholes about it. Actually told me more calmag for the verigated leafs lmao. They finally made it right about 3 months ago lol. When I showed proof from other growers I passed it to.
I wouldn't go back

Aug 22, 2022
It seems there are mixed reviews on most of the people on strainly. I’m eyeballing a couple things from Pig Tail, Get seeds right here, microbros and fireside. Seems like mostly positive reviews. Any reason I should pull the trigger on one from each?
There's alot of drama with GSRH recently. Theyve also sold stuff with Hops this year, we've been eying the studio54 but not sure what to do.

Sep 8, 2022
Got my order from gsrh. I took pics at every step of me opening the package. I believe mine was packed well. I'm not too thrilled with the brown roots, but I'll make it work lol. Also I'm probably done with gsrh. There customer service is a joke.
You can't ask a serious question, they act like you're insulting them or something. Idk. Maybe it's just me

Sep 11, 2022
This guy posted in Clearwaters discord channel on positive tests of HLV from GetSeedsRightHere. Just wanted to pass this along.

Last edited:

Ca++

It's an interesting snapshot of the now legal market. The same 'tomorrow mate' idiots that have not even taken the cuttings yet, now able to buy from each other to enlarge their stock of things you don't want. Leaving people still ordering from 3 suppliers, and offering each extra money, just to jump the queue to get the rubbish sooner.

It's an absolute mugs game buying cuttings most places. While selling them is equally as bad, due to people ordering 3 times, then cancelling 2. And if that's not changed, then the likelihood of actually getting the right plants is little better. With anything they did from seed, not selected for sex, never mind decency.

It's interesting to hear there are cloning facilities used by big opps, that might be quite separate from that shit storm. Though what decent opp doesn't look after their own needs. It's not very believable. It's more likely a facility has separated the cloning half of the business, for tax reasons. Perhaps personal allowance, or avoiding the higher rates of larger income. However it works there. This would mean, the facility gets the good half, and sells the half that should get chucked away. Because even if you get 100%, you still take double, or your not working your best plants.

It's a real shit show. At least one name has come forward though, from a platform where there are reviews. Perhaps their honestly about not having what you want, isn't the best news. However, having limited lines is all you can do, if you don't want to buy everyone else's problems. Imagine doing the job yourself. You can do seed lines, but that's someone's intellectual property. Or you can find things like AMS, and get into cell culture. You can bring things in for quarantine, but you're kidding yourself. I will liken it to people testing HIV negative, because the count was undetectable. When they know they had it last year. Or the cute girl from on holiday, who in winter has scabby mouth. Many problems might not of made it to the tested tissue yet. Give it time though, and they can surface later. Viral loads often increase over time, or when things don't go well. The vendor that wants to get it right, brings in nothing.

I can't remember the last time I accepted a cutting from someone. I was recently asked what professional methods I employ, and missed this vital part of my strategy. Self sufficiency.

Loc Dog

Veteran
It's an interesting snapshot of the now legal market. The same 'tomorrow mate' idiots that have not even taken the cuttings yet, now able to buy from each other to enlarge their stock of things you don't want. Leaving people still ordering from 3 suppliers, and offering each extra money, just to jump the queue to get the rubbish sooner.

It's an absolute mugs game buying cuttings most places. While selling them is equally as bad, due to people ordering 3 times, then cancelling 2. And if that's not changed, then the likelihood of actually getting the right plants is little better. With anything they did from seed, not selected for sex, never mind decency.

It's interesting to hear there are cloning facilities used by big opps, that might be quite separate from that shit storm. Though what decent opp doesn't look after their own needs. It's not very believable. It's more likely a facility has separated the cloning half of the business, for tax reasons. Perhaps personal allowance, or avoiding the higher rates of larger income. However it works there. This would mean, the facility gets the good half, and sells the half that should get chucked away. Because even if you get 100%, you still take double, or your not working your best plants.

It's a real shit show. At least one name has come forward though, from a platform where there are reviews. Perhaps their honestly about not having what you want, isn't the best news. However, having limited lines is all you can do, if you don't want to buy everyone else's problems. Imagine doing the job yourself. You can do seed lines, but that's someone's intellectual property. Or you can find things like AMS, and get into cell culture. You can bring things in for quarantine, but you're kidding yourself. I will liken it to people testing HIV negative, because the count was undetectable. When they know they had it last year. Or the cute girl from on holiday, who in winter has scabby mouth. Many problems might not of made it to the tested tissue yet. Give it time though, and they can surface later. Viral loads often increase over time, or when things don't go well. The vendor that wants to get it right, brings in nothing.

I can't remember the last time I accepted a cutting from someone. I was recently asked what professional methods I employ, and missed this vital part of my strategy. Self sufficiency.
The big CA sellers want to sell commercial growers huge quantities of clones. I have seen as low as $7 for 100 or more, and $18 each for 3 of same clone. Most stuff that has been around a long time. Doubt they would risk selling crap, and getting a bad name.

One thing I read, but only saw one person say it is that GSRH does not grow anything, and just a seller and shipped from elsewhere, someone saying portland, so has no control. Almost all agree customer service sucks and/or non existent. You can write a batch file that says should ship today or next week. Maybe they make so little on clones it is not worth their time, If so drop it and do one thing right.

Ca++

I gotta say, 100 sounds like a home grow, and the people I know providing for home grows, don't have any interest in selling 3. It's not the business venture I had imagined.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Has anyone used MG1 for clones??? They seem upfront about 2 weeks to ship clones or snips right away, but do not guarantee snips. If they do not root, tough luck. I would wait, but worry about mold infected clones. If you constantly treat mothers with fungicides, clones will look healthy and eventually die. Also makes me hope not using myclobutanil.

Latest posts

Latest posts