What's new

Arcata Trainwreck

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice pics in this thread awsome work you all.....i'm hoping my TW x StrawD will be as dank.....but i'm quite shure it will be....hope she will be a stable cross...
atleast i can get a little taste of the TW....we dont have them cuts overhere :badday:

@70's ...hehehe that run is still fresh in my memory...thats woz some awsome work you displayed there bro.....i did a few pic comparisons at the time and no were near that size of TW nugs :D....
ohw 70's did't she trew some nanners?

70s_PotHead

Dang core for a stoner you have a great memory, yes she did very late in flower when I took the nutes away..TW x Straw D sounds like a sweet cross, kinda like a lemon berry slush from Sonic burger haha

70s :joint:

Last edited:

Mo Budz

Indeed the wreckless is some legendary shit. Beautifull shots everyone, and I can definentally see some similarieties between many. Here are some random pics of my Wreck plants (arcata clone). I'm so glad to have this one in my collection, and it's one of my favorite morning time smokes. Great uplifting high, and very medicinal.

kovenant

i love this thread. lol.

im jealous i cannot show mature women shots like many of you have. great displays and i cannot wait to watch my own unfold.

they just started showing sex

and they already have that methol-lemon-piney smell...

S.O.T.G.

Arcata cut

Arcata cut

Again...really nice pics here!!! Although I'm also seeing a lot of different hybrids that look similar but to my knowldge are not the same genes. I think I have the arcata cut as mine is two years old and I saw the parents they came off of. Planning on crossing this lady with a Jam. lambsbread male, see what comes out.

Will keep u posted,

S.O.T.G. :rasta:

sugabear_II

Veteran
a few more pictures of the woodhorse tw

33 days

harvest at 49

and here's the seed plant at 33 days - she was not as potent from seed the first grow

-suga

SOY.ALTO

The taste and smell of the arcata cut is unmistakeable. Even in veg it vaugely stinks of it, but around 3 weeks flo the smell becomes quite prominent. Around here we call it 'the REAL trainwreck'. :wink: Straight from humbolt baby. :D

The thing is though, give the same clone to two different growers and you might get two very different herbs. My urkle doesn't look anything like the shit from the guy I got the cut. The urkle I grow in the summer doesn't look anything like the urkle I grow in the winter. But with a prominant taste/aroma such as the urkle or the TW, you can always tell from the after the first puff, or even by just squeezing a nug and getting a whiff.

sugabear, your TW looks more like the 'norcal' cut to me. Especially from the early flower pic. The hairs on the arcata cut are VERY distinct in early to mid bloom. Thats just me though, someone else might disagree with that analysis completely.

Last edited:
G

Damn!!!
Unbelievable pics everyone. I've wanted this one in my stable for along time.
Simply a beautiful plant. Shines with so much resin,it almost hurts the eyes to look at it.LOL
I hope you guys keep this strain going forever ,so eventually it will float my way.

sugabear_II

Veteran
soy.alto - so what is this 'Norcal' cut - I'm interested to know - as I explained in my first post with pictures of the woodhorse trainwreck it is supposedly derived from the original arcata cut - just back crossed to the the father afghani and inbred selecting for trainwreck traits.

-suga

sugabear_II

Veteran
witchking said:
Damn!!!
Unbelievable pics everyone. I've wanted this one in my stable for along time.
Simply a beautiful plant. Shines with so much resin,it almost hurts the eyes to look at it.LOL
I hope you guys keep this strain going forever ,so eventually it will float my way.

I'm sure the TW will be around for a while.

I'd like to take a male woodhorse TW and back it to the arcata cut (something I think wood horse is doing too) and make this more available to folks beyond the reach of the clone...

-suga

SOY.ALTO

sugabear_II said:
soy.alto - so what is this 'Norcal' cut - I'm interested to know - as I explained in my first post with pictures of the woodhorse trainwreck it is supposedly derived from the original arcata cut - just back crossed to the the father afghani and inbred selecting for trainwreck traits.

-suga

the 'norcal' cut is the other trainwreck cut thats floating around. The taste/smell is nothing like the arcata cut. As has been said before, the taste/smell of the 'arcata' cut is unmistakeable.

I don't know anything about this 'woodhorse' wreck, or anything about the lineage of the wreck. But I can tell you some authentic 'arcata' aka humbolt wreck after the first puff.

gmanwho

Veteran
Veryy nice. I almost drooled....

Sugarbear,......Are any of the wrecks available in seed? or cuts only?

Or anyone else know.

Amazing pics..

Thank you all an B-safe

Last edited:
G

So those pics are from Woodhorse Seeds stock? I got a pack of their Giant Trainwreck beans. A buddy grew out the other pack outside and some of the beans turned into real monsters.

mark6699331

That woodrose pic they call planewreck up here or twa. Its basically a afgani wreck cross that is dominant gani. And as far as crossing the wreck. One of the wreck fathers i know says you'll just "wreck the wreck" in his words.

As far as seeds and cuts, come to norcal clubs for a arcata e-32 cut. I happened to be gifted appx 400 pure wreck seeds i'll be playing with soon and see if we can't come up with a slightly different arcata pheno.

cheers,

mark

C/O H.S.C.

mark6699331

BTW sugarbear, Tuck didn't create the wreck. Maybe the woodrose version. The e-32 name holds the mystery to the person who created it. That's all I'll say as the person wishes to be anonymous. I'm good friends though and know the whole story. There's also a lowland thai in the mix along with a oxaccian or mexi sativa, and probably a dash of afgani but not that much. Its basically a sativa that outperforms the indicas. Faster and stronger which is an unusual combo for a sativa.

The strain orginated in so- humboldt briceland area in the late 70's and early 80's. In Robert Clarke's book Marji Botany the sketch of the "creeper pheno" is a sketch of the e-32 wreck in my friends backyard back in the early eighties.

that's all i'll say for now

mark

c/o H.S.C.

G

I happened to be gifted appx 400 pure wreck seeds
I was under the silly impression Trainwreck is clone only??? The beans I got are TW (Arcata cut) x whatever Woodhorse used. The big pheno that showed up was NOT Afghani dominant and was just stellar.

mark6699331

I happen to be one of a very lucky few (literally a few= 2 or 3) that have pure wreck seeds that aren't from hermies. I ran some a couple months back. There's some interesting pheno variation but are mainly stable for potency and smell. I had one that even purpled! I always find it funny when peeps on these sites say oh g-13 seeds that are pure don't exist or no wreck seeds etc. etc. I've been really lucky meeting the actual people involved in some of these stories.

When i run a lot of these seeds i'll post pics for all or maybe start a thread. As far as letting them out to the public, i'd have to ask thier daddy. But if and when my seed company (med. mj in cali only at this point) starts, i'm sure to have a few crosses. My friend who gave them to me would probably prefer i gave them out free to medmj patiens- that's his style = not about the $$$, but about the real patients who need meds.

peace

mark

c/o H.S.C.

sugabear_II

Veteran
hey mark - thanks for adding all that info - I just was adding what I had been told -

I think that you are saying that woodhorse wreck or the TWA as you call it is an outcross of the e-32 wreck to an unrelated afghani?

I hope you understand that for those of us not lucky enough to be able to come to a norcal dispensery to get the cut these seeds are as close as we may get.

For everyone posting up true wreck there are 50 who wish they could get it in their garden.

It would be nice to have some way to do that - in the mean time I'll keep enjoying my TWA as it is excellent smoke for sure

-suga

G

sugabear_II said:
For everyone posting up true wreck there are 50 who wish they could get it in their garden. -suga

The interst in T.W. has been growing for some time now.I remeber hearing alot about it a few years ago, then all of a sudden nothing for awhile, got bumped out by the Kush.Now that Kush is fadeing, Chemdog is the big strain now.

If someone does make the Wreck avaiable to all, there will be a literal army of growers waiting for it. I've wanted the wreck in my garden for years(as have many others).Honestly I'm suprised somebody hasn't done more work with her.

Peace.Witch

mark6699331

I'll ask papa bear if he would allow me to release it in pure bean form. I'm not sure what he'll say, but I'll ask. I think he said i'm only the third person he's given the pure bx to.

We could all be singing "onward trainwreck soldiers" or something and blow up zillioins of scenes eh. It really is good medicine. My only complaint is that it is too strong. LOL

More later- I've got a couple trays growing now. I'll try to get a good camera to get a pic.

-later

mark

humboldt seed co.