What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arcata Trainwreck

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
oh yeah cannapits you got some really nice looking dogs. i just picked up a little apbt pup a little over a month ago. he's white with black markings, very nice lookin dog. i must say i've never seen a pit with the black and brown markings before like your soy.

K

kokua

Cannapits said:
just smoked some 1 month cured wreck....No heady high here as I let her go till 69 days....think i'll let these two go that long as well...I love this thread...nice shots guys...

nice plants...I thought that was supposedly one of ATW's notable qualities was that it was a sati that you could pull in the mid 40's? Is that not right?

Cannapits

No I believe you to be right....But and you knew there was a but...seems not everyone agrees on the best time to harvest....I tried her at the 49 day mark and she was heady...I found 69 to be the high I like...not one to get stuff done...more of the stare at the tv and think of the stuff you need to get done...My ogers kush they say take at 60 days...I take her at 75 for the more couchlock effect...I smoke for pain and bi-polar...some Sativas get my mind going that I wear my body out...wreck doesnt have that effect on me at 69 days...all couch baby...how ya been KOKUA?

Cannapits

A-Loc said:
oh yeah cannapits you got some really nice looking dogs. i just picked up a little apbt pup a little over a month ago. he's white with black markings, very nice lookin dog. i must say i've never seen a pit with the black and brown markings before like your soy.

thanks A-loc......He's called a tan-point and yes his blue/tan markings arent common....most are black and tan...only seen one other blue tan-point like him...both parent have to carry the gene, not just one...stay safe

G

I wish I could have gotten the two cuts I received to root :badday: . Was a real bummer.

70s_PotHead

kokua said:
nice plants...I thought that was supposedly one of ATW's notable qualities was that it was a sati that you could pull in the mid 40's? Is that not right?

Took mine at 55 days, nice balance between head and body leaning to the head a bit. took a sample bud at about 48 days and it was much more racy and I had a bit of anxiety issues so what cannapits says is true...

70s :joint:

G

I seem to like TW best at 60 days

The buds hanging are TW; the jars aren't.

I took mine at 70 days. grown in coco with pbp soil formula. zippy high with a strong stone for sure.

20370Trainwreck01.jpg

Last edited:

Youareborg

Nice looking buds Sauron!
How I love TrainWreck, let me count the ways.... I love it from day 42 to day 70. YOu can get a very wide range of stones depending on when you pick
Enjoy those sparkely treats

mark6699331

Us natives who know how to grow here pull it at 42 dayz! You have to know how to veg it just right.
Very nice shots though.
Gotta luv that arcata cut!!!

-M

c/o H.S.C.

kyptro collective member

Youareborg: thanks brotha! they sure do sparkle really nice outside, reminds me of morning star! wreck makes it all the way down to your neck of woods? in tx i assume? Your right though there are so many ways to grow her and definatly many more ways to enjoy her! Peace and stay safe boss!

mark6699331 said:
Us natives who know how to grow here pull it at 42 dayz! You have to know how to veg it just right.
Very nice shots though.
Gotta luv that arcata cut!!!

-M

c/o H.S.C.

kyptro collective member

Nah, we grow/blow far better gear than trainwreck when we want that up high :rasta: :headbange . I don't grow it anymore except on a whim or to fill a request. I always enjoy it though, a norcal staple for many many years.

Maybe you have to know how to "veg it just right", but experienced growers can work with the plant in many situations and allow it pull down killer yields of medicinal bud. Its just how much trainwreck @ "42 dayz" does one need, many other things to try out there.

IMO the strain has much stronger medicinal qualities after 60 days, it is definatly more racey of a high than a sedative stone when you pull it around 40 days, and slowly progresses to a more stoney bud the longer you let it go. It is fun gear when ya pick it zippy too, thats for sure, thats part of the reason i like it. and the extracts are... yummy... too :dance: :biglaugh:

pics were of jojo's S1 beans, his version of the arcata cut, btw.

cool cat tho! they sure love the ever sunny growrooms!

Last edited:
G

I wish I had the pleasure. Never tried her before ,but I've heard enough stories to make me very interested.Somebody..please have a heart and a hook me up with a cut!~LOL~

2ezy

Sauron The Blue said:
I took mine at 70 days. grown in coco with pbp soil formula. zippy high with a strong stone for sure.

Awesome looking buds bloke. Do you care to expand a little on ya grow method? :respect:

kovenant

im growing mine now. still in veg, day 20 and about to throw them into flower soon. anyone experienced with growing tw well want to elaborate on methods to get best results from this strain. just read entire thread... and this is what ive picked up:

1) let it go to around 58+ days because it really adds mass during end (but can pull it after 45 or so if in a hurry)...
2) support for the stocks as it is leggy with weak branches that lack support for the large buds

thats about all i really picked out. any more suggestions? im growing indoor in a recirculating DWC bucket system. 12 buckets under 1200W. how does tw react to nutes (can it take high amounts)? standard 12/12 or anyone know if it reacts better if you tweak an hour one way or the other? let me know whats worked for you.

amazing thread btw... one of my favorits!

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
I love the 'wreck..I just finished off the last of my stash, and I was so sorry to see it go!!! Hey, anyone get a lemony soap kinda taste??? This last batch had that usual funk, with the diesely thing and then the soap!!! I love this shit!!!

Tips For Growing TW

Tips For Growing TW

What's up kovenant,

I've grown TW in the past and recently have some more started. When I grew TW for several cycles, I realized that it was a stretchy plant that has the potential to grow tall. The cool thing about TW is that although it's a branchy plant, the buds will fill up the entire branch. To maximize the yield from TW, I would use the super cropping technique so that I wouldn't have to cut the top. By super cropping, you'll be able to let the buds that normally would be under the main kola grow to their full potential.

As for nutrients, follow the instructions on whatever brand you're using and maintain the Ph. Also keep your tubs filled to the appropriate levels. IF you do experience nutrient burn, drains your tubs and flush with water and refill your tubs with a nutrient solution less than what your previously used.

Definitely have some sort of support whether using stakes or a trellis to hold up those branches that will surely fall over once they start gaining weight.

Harvest time: I've chopped them at various intervals and prefer to cut them at 60 days, give or take. I've also chopped them at 9 weeks with good results. The way I determine the harvest time for a strain that I have little experience with is to keep track of the calendar time in terms of days or weeks; notice the color of how dark the red hairs are; And then I look at the trichomes through my 16x magnifying lens. When the majority trichomes are full and plump, then I put the chops.

Another point in maximizing your yield is to let your plants get tall as your environment will allow and then use the super cropping technique. Once I was accustomed to the way TW grew, I used to pull between 1.5lbs -2lbs from 15 plants under a 1000k HPS. TW can yield some good weight once you figure out how to maximize the plant.

Hope this helps!

--Herbsman_OS

kovenant said:
im growing mine now. still in veg, day 20 and about to throw them into flower soon. anyone experienced with growing tw well want to elaborate on methods to get best results from this strain. just read entire thread... and this is what ive picked up:

1) let it go to around 58+ days because it really adds mass during end (but can pull it after 45 or so if in a hurry)...
2) support for the stocks as it is leggy with weak branches that lack support for the large buds

thats about all i really picked out. any more suggestions? im growing indoor in a recirculating DWC bucket system. 12 buckets under 1200W. how does tw react to nutes (can it take high amounts)? standard 12/12 or anyone know if it reacts better if you tweak an hour one way or the other? let me know whats worked for you.

amazing thread btw... one of my favorits!