What's new

APE does CHERRY PIE, GSC, AND LARRY OG AT KUSH MTN.

tdmaker2

Extra lights???

Extra lights???

It's nice to have extra lights lying around! So instead of a 3 by 3 configuration of 9 total plants I am switching things up. The new configuration is rows of two and then I will add teens from collection (king louis XIII, The Precious ((Fire Og x Hells Angels Og), OG electric Haze, Cherry Pie, Fantastic 4 (hells angels og x chem 4), and The White).

The current version measures 44" wide and will run the width of the room which is 11'. I like the scrog and if it proves to be beneficial in yield for these lower yielding top shelf varieties I will need a total of 14 plants per aisle. At full production that will 42 of these short bushy girls. Scrog was chosen to bring the yield up on the OG type varieties...we will see.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0167.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0167.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0169.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0169.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

tdmaker2

Tonight's plans...

Tonight's plans...

tonight will include first feeding of bloom nutes from Kush Mountain for big mammas. Newly added teens will be transplanted into 3 gallon containers with the activator amended to the coco/perlite mix at a 70/30 ratio.

Grizz

Veteran
thanks ape and please pm me when its possible to get the k mountain, when i first saw your screens i thought damn he is going to have a crowded group, i recently went to vert screens instead of horizontals . really lets them spread and produce..

señorsloth

Veteran
that is a sweet lookin' lady arthritis!

and tdmaker...that's how you frickin' scrog!!! sweet grow! Im not a fan of vegging and training but wow! that's such an orderly way to do it! each pot has their own built in screen and frame? genius! you have a large scale scrog without all the hassle of reaching over a 5 foot wide screen to train...just...genius...

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
APE my Amigo! So good to see you back in action! I sure miss the days when you'd swing by the office with goodies. Alot has changed over the last few years. I hope all is good in your 'hood.

L

LumpStatus

Wtf g. Come over here and start a thread and don't even let your boy lumpy know??? Looking insane in there!!

Those plants look familiar!! ;)

Grizz

Veteran
lumpy and grow tech man you guys are late for the show, getting some good company in here

tdmaker2

hodge podge of thangs...

hodge podge of thangs...

Ok...well I've been doing this long enough to notice when things aren't just right. After going 12/12 things didn't look like I'm used to. Flowering seemed to come on slowly and not so directed in being forced with the 12 hours of darkness. I'm used to seeing flowers at 6-7 days and what I call the "cotton ball" look definitely around day 12.

Nope...at day 12-13 I saw what I'm used to at day 6-7. So my mind goes through the normal checklist:
1. Is the room too cold?
2. Do I have a bad timer?
3. Did I misprogram the timer?
4. Do I have some sort of like leak?

So...I quadruple check the timer...and everything looks ok. Room is a little cooler than I like during this part of flower but nothing that would cause what i'm seeing. I then check for light leaks...and I see a few, but what I'm really concerned about are the large leaks in the adjacent room before the growroom. My partner insures me that the amount of light coming in is fine. But I'm a super duper stickler when it comes to light and COMPLETE DARKNESS. I'm old school and don't do the green lights at all either. Darkness means complete darkness to me and it also means STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE ROOM DURING THE DARK CYCLE...

Well my partner and I talked and made a plan to remedy this issues. And here is where we got into some philosophical debates based on differences in opinion. I already stated my opinion above...and a lot of my opinion comes from what I read many many many years ago and what I have learned first hand. The rest comes from what I've learned meeting and talking directly with hundreds of growers over the years. And the OG and Diesel families are the last strains you want any sort of light leaking messing things up. That is unless u like plants that quadruple in size and give you fluffy flowers full of bananas and hermy half developed seeds! and i say NO THANKS!

So after voicing my concern and what I thought was gonna be two growers butting heads was not. My partner graciously fixed all the leaks and reinforced the light proofing on our entrance. So I am a happy camper and I say thanks to him. After all, the last thing we need in a growroom are two growers always debating and arguing what is best. So if he reads this I say Thanks!

tdmaker2

so what now?

so what now?

The culprit really ended up being the timer...or what I call a RUNAWAY TIMER. It was coming on and off at times not initiated in the program. I'm tired as a MOFO having to be up at odd hours throughout the night and morning figuring it out-especially since I do have a day job. But we figured it out.

So, a trip to Lowe's later and I purchase 2 new timers and we are in Tall Cotton Now!

So here are some pics from last night. And again my attempt was to really created a SOG green type look with 16-22 inch flowering tops. IMO plants are a little taller than needed because of the timer issue. But I also think the cooler temps have helped.

Lastly, the nutrient line is holding up Great! Gotta love this Kush Mountain Stuff. I find that I'm not using a ton of nutes to maintain my desired PPMs. And the FUNK on the girls is incredible for this stage of flowering.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0140.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0140.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0147.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0147.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0148.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0148.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0149.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0149.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 8

tdmaker2

wrong pics...

wrong pics...

last nights pics...

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0206.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0206.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0208.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0208.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0209.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0209.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 7

tdmaker2

btw...

btw...

Im very grateful to all of you here in attendance. Good to see growtech and lumpstatus join us.

Ozwilla...where u at? ;-)

Ok...on the backside at the veg location. We have just rooted 10 different strains:
Girl Scout Cookie
King Louis XIII
The Precious OG (Hells Angels og x Fire OG)
Fantastic 4 (hells angels x chem 4)
Skywalker OG
King James (King Louis x Hells Angels Og)
Purple Rain
Blue Berry Pancake
Cherry Pie
The Worf (The shrom x Hells angels OG)

These will go into the modular scrog screens and added to the room in hopefully 3 week. Then another row will be added 3 weeks later.