What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020

Sunshineinabag

I need a contraption like pdx has for photos omfg dude, dont let my wifes family know the peruvian marching powder has arrived ....lol

PDX Dopesmoker

I got this one really low and branchy one, but it might have something bothering it, the top foliage is kinda twisty. Overwatering, underwatering, too hot, too cold or russet mites are what I'm keeping my eye on. The weather is about to change for the worse so maybe that'll fix whatever, if anything, is bothering it.
fnqqptl.jpg

Got another one of these singe leaf mutations, same seed batch as the other one, which makes 2 like that out of 16 sprouts. Maybe they'll both survive and one will be a girl and the other a boy. Unfortunately the calculated odds of that happening is less than 3.125% in this case as far as I can estimate.
J7XVMey.jpg

Struggle
9t9hL6Q.jpg

Sunshineinabag

Is it ok if we help the seed casing off the tip? Wonderful pics once again! Its gonna snow here today......good ole 45degrees baby ya never know whats next

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I do it sometimes. But I have to be honest, I've fucked up several sprout that way. No I just leave them be. The shell will fall off the cotyledons. I've had a few where the shell held onto the cotyledons even after 4 nodes and until the cotyledons finally fall off.

My vote is to let them be unless the shell is clamped on the cotyledons in the closed position. Mind you, that's when I mess them up so.... Be delicate. Like a flower.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
ok. Here's a task for you. Start a veggie garden in a turkey pan and potatoes in a bucket. lol

You could binge watch Picard. I tell you, it's the best Star Trek ever.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
well got last years mix and these in today went few more with the gg#3 this time to make up for males and he threw in gorilla cookie auto.:)
picture.php

marmarb

what was your shipping time

@tycho what size auger bit is that i was looking to upgrade my current one that's 1.5 x 24 inches

I posted this in another thread but haven't got any replies....

Considering the current events I'd like to get a hold of some clones as soon as I can. But I know it's still early and I don't want them to start to flower early.

I live in central/northern Cali and my yard receives a lot of direct sunlight through out the day, almost the entire day, and it's about to warm up next week. So I'll have a good chunk of direct sunlight hitting the plants every day and warm spring days.

I was thinking about just moving the plants underneath a floodlight on our porch for 2 hours or so around/after sunset.

Currently the sun sets at 7:20PM and the length of day is 12h:21m ...Will keeping the plants underneath a basic flood light for 2 hours after sunset, until about 8:30pm, be enough to prevent them from going into flowering?

Then around the middle to late May when the sun starts to set near 8:30pm, I'll just stop giving them that extra light in the evening.

Does that sound like a plan that'll work?

How much light, intensity wise, is needed to prevent them from flowering?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
what was your shipping time

@tycho what size auger bit is that i was looking to upgrade my current one that's 1.5 x 24 inches

I have 2 augers.

A modified 6 inch Ice Auger for bigger seedlings. ($20 at a garage sale)
Here's the modification. The insert is simply a drill adapter available in any hardware store and bolted into place.
picture.php
picture.php

I use it to plant Peat Pot seedlings. I did a couple hundred last year.
picture.php

and
A $15 2.75 inch Bulb Auger. (probably what you have)
picture.php

I use this one for Jiffy Plug seedlings when I want to do numbers late in the season. It works well for bigger pots also.
picture.php

[iframeb]BxIrZSlVpjg[/iframeb]

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Don't let little plugs fool you. I did 800 like this last year. You can easily carry 200 no problem. Here's a 200 plug seed plot.
picture.php

These topped out at 12 feet. (These are Boreal Lights)

This year I'm using 50mm Jiffy Plugs. Should give me a better root mass. Taller and I can still carry a lot out to the garden. :D
picture.php

Note: When I use the bigger 6" auger, I go down about 24" deep and then bend the drill and work it sideways and in a circular motion underground. I mean really loosen that shit up. If I don't do that, I drill 5 holes like this.
picture.php

marmarb

Yea that's the same auger I currently have just getting around to grabbing the peat pellets. Picked up 500 from HD.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looks like a real catchy thread, I've done the ORIGINAL Anything Outdoors threads 2018, 2019, You wanna ride my coat tails whatever. I'm the ORIGINAL Anything Outdoors, at least get your own thread name. Some BS if you ask me, I've put a lot of time into those threads. I guess we just name threads people had running 2+ yrs lol WTF. This is real cool though, every plant I grow my coat tails get longer lol. Wanna steal albums and pics from the last 12yrs???? You don't seem to respect I've had the thread going 2yrs??, why do you feel the need to use the same name, I know you didn't add 3 !!! to it???? But very disrespectful, I'd at least ask somebody if I was going name a thread after somebody know already did Anything Outdoors 2018, Anything Outdoors 2019, and you jump in the winter time and start a thread that I'm running. I guess you wanting to steal my sponsors or something?? I dunno why after I've did Anything Outdoors for 2yrs you ride my coat tails and start a 2020. You guys have fun, The ORIGINAL Anything Outdoors 2020 is just starting. This is something that's very disrespectful, but there's not much respect shown from imators. That's all I got, whatever A

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Looks like a real catchy thread, I've done the ORIGINAL Anything Outdoors threads 2018, 2019, You wanna ride my coat tails whatever. I'm the ORIGINAL Anything Outdoors, at least get your own thread name. Some BS if you ask me, I've put a lot of time into those threads. I guess we just name threads people had running 2+ yrs lol WTF. This is real cool though, every plant I grow my coat tails get longer lol. Wanna steal albums and pics from the last 12yrs???? You don't seem to respect I've had the thread going 2yrs??, why do you feel the need to use the same name, I know you didn't add 3 !!! to it???? But very disrespectful, I'd at least ask somebody if I was going name a thread after somebody know already did Anything Outdoors 2018, Anything Outdoors 2019, and you jump in the winter time and start a thread that I'm running. I guess you wanting to steal my sponsors or something?? I dunno why after I've did Anything Outdoors for 2yrs you ride my coat tails and start a 2020. You guys have fun, The ORIGINAL Anything Outdoors 2020 is just starting. This is something that's very disrespectful, but there's not much respect shown from imators. That's all I got, whatever A

We were still posting in the 2019 thread, so I started 2020. No biggie. Dude, we're 4 months in. Where the fuck you been? Jail?

I know it was 1am when you posted this and you probably get ugly when you've been drinking, so I'll cut you some slack. Just make sure you've had your coffee and a few Tylenol 1s before you respond. Fair warning eh.

yardgrazer

I pointed out the existence of this thread on the 19th. Better watch your mail for a Cease and Desist letter from WVKB's attorney, Tycho, you'z messing with his intellectual property. Better shut down your outdoor grows.

:)

This is really not in my assholic nature, but I'm trying to turn over a new leaf in these trying times, being more generous, biting my tongue here, there, and everywhere. Enough bad crap going on in the world these days to go around, perhaps for the better if we all try to be kind even when it isn't warranted.

Don't worry, we'll get through this soon enough. Not sure I can keep up the not-a-jerk routine forever. Peace and love?

Sunshineinabag

We were still posting in the 2019 thread, so I started 2020. No biggie. Dude, we're 4 months in. Where the fuck you been? Jail?

I know it was 1am when you posted this and you probably get ugly when you've been drinking, so I'll cut you some slack. Just make sure you've had your coffee and a few Tylenol 1s before you respond. Fair warning eh.

well played my man

PureSativa420

Hellos again fellas 😎

Some plants in cups already vegging and above soil, and the seeds I germinated on Monday showing life above the peat this morning

Have a few that are still under ground but was planted in peat around Wednesday evening, took a bit longer to crack and show tap roots

Attachments

• 20200327_092718.jpg
    20200327_092718.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200327_092727.jpg
    20200327_092727.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200327_092746.jpg
    20200327_092746.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200327_093214.jpg
    20200327_093214.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200327_093222.jpg
    20200327_093222.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 15

clearheaded

tycho what var do u have success outdoors for photoperiods? pure afgans? I have always believed hybrids are best as the equatorial "sats" offer some quicker/easier light difference triggers. most of canada is further north then you. Alot of outdoor var come from BC and although decent flowering times its more so that they withstand cold and wet not that they trigger much earlier or have much different flowering period then real ~7- 8 weekers.

have a line of autos ~40% of males get frosty ;) needs some injection of new terps. I think its got a unique profile as heavy stoners are always surprised how stoned they get with numb lips. some can be sort of supifying type of high that some indicas offer. dispite having some nycd genetics and ak47. although still has some sativa attributes to high and morphology. (perhaps like romulans high?) another more branchy line with hindu kush with more kushy taste and broader leaves. industructable plants but need to make some crosses so have more interesting tastes as think just sick of the same same stuff. nice gooey water hash although gave most away in cream for a lady who had the itch from 18 years on dialysis actually scratched till had soars all over that got infected. NOTHING else helped and she wouldnt let me make it less potent since first batch worked went through 700ml of cream in a day that had 3+grams of quality extract and some hemp extract. lol wouldnt take money but dont think she got how "expensive" it was to go through in a day lol. dr of toxicology interesting lady who hung out in the blues scene howling wolf etc, would be surprised how hard it was to tell her to 1 not reuse needles for diabetes (constant battled infections from the itch) and crushed darts basically till the end. lol not sure point of this but maybe that autos make good meds (tend to have more cbd and i suspect other cannibinoids not found in skunk and outdoor is wonderful way to produce meds for folks who need it cheaply).

I need to travel up north as there is a guy who lives near arctic circle in an old mining town with basically only fly in access kinda crazy guy but grows plants up there without geenhouse since 80s if not earlier so very aclimatized. not sure what woulda been starting material an old early pearl or maybe ketema/leb or south african. although because of timing I wouldnt doubt it may be a highland mexican var or perhaps just pure ghani that he just selected the ones that finish or came closest to finish and eventually became aclimatized. Anyway, would love love to get some of those seeds before he dies as must be hardy AF and have an uber fast flowering time. plus isolated with no different genetics ever added. may be some good starting material :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts