What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020

PDX Dopesmoker

TychoMonolyth, is Groundhog Day the same in Canada as it is in the USA? I know you folks have a different Thanksgiving Day and the metric system and all that.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yep. Same thing. Little fuckers said we'd get 6 more weeks of winter. They were wrong. Been raining lots and snow is almost gone here and Maple Syrup is flowing.

We have the odd Provincial 'holidays' that are different. But federally, the only ones that are different are 4th of July (ours is July 1st), thanksgiving (different day), Victoria Day (queen) that we call "May 24 weekend" because people drink a case of 24 when we they start the camping season that weekend. The other half plant their weed that weekend. lol. I think that's it. Everything else is the same. St. Patrick's day parade is canceled this year.

G13Fan

I had an idea for a gas can that can carry plants when you have to park away from entry point for grow walking around the city planting at night carry a can. Less suspicious if it is done sneaky Pete style. I will work on some design ideas if anybody likes that. Parking always seems to be the challenge and getting to the site with starts undetected.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
If it's not a good spot, it's not a good spot. And I mean at least out of eyesight and earshot of a house and not too much traffic.

G13Fan

If it's not a good spot, it's not a good spot. And I mean at least out of eyesight and earshot of a house and not too much traffic.
It's tough now a days. Houses and people everywhere and cameras all over areas where infiltration into wilderness near businesses with no people at night

PureSativa420

Hello Folks!
2020 is the return for me to the outdoors!, So far I have 12 SDoGs from JLP, 2 Moby Dicks, 3 Sky Walker x Hi Octane Kushes and 15 mystery beans that was among my seed collection!

All seeds are 8 to 10 years old or better but seeing good germ ratios on all so far, now if they actually sprout up and do something is another question!

Will return once I know, Looking at more beans In my collection to randomly crack after all these years!

PDX Dopesmoker

Yep. Same thing. Little fuckers said we'd get 6 more weeks of winter. They were wrong. Been raining lots and snow is almost gone here and Maple Syrup is flowing.

We have the odd Provincial 'holidays' that are different. But federally, the only ones that are different are 4th of July (ours is July 1st), thanksgiving (different day), Victoria Day (queen) that we call "May 24 weekend" because people drink a case of 24 when we they start the camping season that weekend. The other half plant their weed that weekend. lol. I think that's it. Everything else is the same. St. Patrick's day parade is canceled this year.

First of July is weed legalization day in Oregon, this year will be the 5th anniversary.

PDX Dopesmoker

This is what its like so far with that batch of about 40 I floated a little while ago
SEIGNXY.jpg

39 made it above the soil of out 41, one dropped dead, hopefully because of cold weather, so I got 38 left now.

The smaller batch I started more recently is starting to come up
VGpPZdG.jpg

I got my first mutant of 2020
5dsELeE.jpg

This is the next gang
xvijWNa.jpg

Powerful looking little things
ieLzZQx.jpg

yardgrazer

Argh, I'm wracked with doubt about my list of planned starts this year - can't decide if I'm planning on starting too many, or not enough. Stupidly low # of legal plants here, which hasn't stopped anyone I've heard about from growing more, but I neither want to end up with a huge # of females, nor left holding two dozen males. At the same time, I was hoping for a variety of plants, so I was going to start a handful of 2 or 3 strains and then single seeds of a number of other strains. Feels like there's a lot of risk with this plan.

Decisions, decisions.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
lol.
I remember having a quarter in my hand and having to decide if I should get a comic and a chip, a comic and a pepsi, a chip and a pepsi, a pepsi and a chocolate bar, but I want a superman comic, maybe Green Lantern or Sgt Rock or NO Jonah Hex!!, no... Green Hornet.....

Can you buy clones? They're $10 at this time of year here. Or you could grow 8 and sex them, keep and reveg the best 4.

In light a this new legal standing, you really should have grown 4 houseplants over the winter, pick the best and clone it. I know... hindsight.

PDX Dopesmoker

Argh, I'm wracked with doubt about my list of planned starts this year - can't decide if I'm planning on starting too many, or not enough. Stupidly low # of legal plants here, which hasn't stopped anyone I've heard about from growing more, but I neither want to end up with a huge # of females, nor left holding two dozen males. At the same time, I was hoping for a variety of plants, so I was going to start a handful of 2 or 3 strains and then single seeds of a number of other strains. Feels like there's a lot of risk with this plan.

Decisions, decisions.

Look up what the penalty is for going over the plant limit, in Oregon you won't be charged with a felony for less than 9 plants. 4 flowering females is the legal limit for home growers here, 5-8 is a misdemeanor. Thats double the plant count if you're willing to risk a small criminal charge which will probably never happen anyway.
Grafting seems like another possible way to increase variety, theres a good thread on it around here somewhere.
My local police announced that they're not responding to non-emergencies for the duration of the quasi-marital law that enacted to deal with the nonexistent virus that they're pretending to believe in, so for me that means infinite plant count until they decide to return to the previously scheduled day to day life and who knows when that will be.
Grow some autos too, they'll finish before your regulars start flowering so you can squeeze in a bunch more plants that way too.

yardgrazer

I'm in Grrrmont, we have a weird system where you can have 6 immature females, or 3 mature females (maturity being measured by visible flower formation, whatever that means). I think there is a point in terms of #s where some kind of criminal penalty kicks in, but before then it's a civil fine I believe. Open to interpretation, but I think I can have as many males as I want, and as many pre-sexed plants as I want. Unclear what the effects of it largely being civil is, but I would argue it kinda destroys probable cause when it comes to search warrants. Legislature comes up with some weird stuff here. Not really worried about legal ramifications so much as not wanting to draw any kind of attention. Lower #s means I can spread them out on my land.

I definitely would've started plants earlier, but my wife put her foot down on growing in the house awhile back. None of our outbuildings have heat, so keeping plants over the winter isn't that feasible. I am looking into cuttings as a way to get a jumpstart. As for my current plan, I thought I'd start 24ish seeds, veg until it's time to put them out, take cuts and flower them indoors, and cull males based on results.

yardgrazer

I think I came up with an easy "duh" solution, my first round of starts was going to be 3 Sour Boggle, 6 Gorilla Ghani, and 5 Stardawg x Apollo 13. I'll just up it to 5 Sour Boggle, that'd at least increase my odds of getting a SB female.

Sunshineinabag

I'm in Grrrmont, we have a weird system where you can have 6 immature females, or 3 mature females (maturity being measured by visible flower formation, whatever that means). I think there is a point in terms of #s where some kind of criminal penalty kicks in, but before then it's a civil fine I believe. Open to interpretation, but I think I can have as many males as I want, and as many pre-sexed plants as I want. Unclear what the effects of it largely being civil is, but I would argue it kinda destroys probable cause when it comes to search warrants. Legislature comes up with some weird stuff here. Not really worried about legal ramifications so much as not wanting to draw any kind of attention. Lower #s means I can spread them out on my land.

I definitely would've started plants earlier, but my wife put her foot down on growing in the house awhile back. None of our outbuildings have heat, so keeping plants over the winter isn't that feasible. I am looking into cuttings as a way to get a jumpstart. As for my current plan, I thought I'd start 24ish seeds, veg until it's time to put them out, take cuts and flower them indoors, and cull males based on results.

Only way you gonba have jonny law on your ass is if you plant LOUD like obvious plots or you have someone tell, even then i havent seen a helicopter loking sine the early 2000's , leo in grrrmont dont care unless ya make em care

Sunshineinabag

I think I came up with an easy "duh" solution, my first round of starts was going to be 3 Sour Boggle, 6 Gorilla Ghani, and 5 Stardawg x Apollo 13. I'll just up it to 5 Sour Boggle, that'd at least increase my odds of getting a SB female.

All bog gear does well in the champlain valley, fuken samuel de champlain....lol makibg natives fight natives...what a guy.
Ya may wanna have staggered plants just in case. Got any corn growing your way? lol

yardgrazer

Heh, I'm still down south for now. I was going to stick one or two here and there. Honestly more worried about rippers than the police. Someone told us when we moved here that everybody's dad has a little plot, and I've come to believe that was probably true then, and even more true now that it's legal.

Keep in mind second wave was going to be one each of: Terpenado, Bing, Lemon Wookie, Holyweed, Chem D x SSDD, GSC x Three Headed Dragon, Chrome Diesel x Three Headed Dragon, Healing HP, Death Star x Apollo 13, and maybe one of Bad Dawg's Atonic crosses?

I was hoping to have a little more variety in my jars next winter.