What's new

Anything outdoors 2020

Sounds like I'm not the only one lol. I've got a fair bit to go through still too lol....

This time around I put two plants in the ground for the first time and I had 4 more plants than I've had before (total of 8), so I have waaay more flower on hand than ever before lol....

Since it's all for my own personal smoke I'm not doing a thorough trim. I'm mostly just taking the buds off the cola/branch and giving them a once over by hand with my fingers then into the jar they go.

With the stuff from my big in-ground plants I'll be doing the same but only the very tops will be going into jars and everything else will be going through bubble bags.

I've still got two plants going...Wedding Cake is one of them, the other is Strawberry Banana. With how late they started to really get into the full swing of flowering I felt they wouldn't be done until damn near November or later and it's looking like it. The Straw-nana will come down in 3 to 5 days and the Wedding Cake about another 5 to 8 days, maybe a lil longer.

I kinda regret taking down some of my other plants as early as I did, it wasn't too early but def on the early side of the ideal "window" of harvest.

The weather has been glorious in my area (northern central cali) for late flowering, warm days around 90 and mornings around 60 and low humidity and crystal clear smoke free skies. But majority of the prime time of flowering (mid august to mid/late sept) was very smoky.

I'll get some pics and a smoke review of my herbs when it's all finished up & cured a bit. (Capstone, Vanilla Frosting, Granimals, Sour D X Lemon Kush, Wedding Cake, Straw-nana, Lemon Wookie Glue, and a plant grown from a mystery seed I pulled out of some Thin Mint I grew last year)

therevverend

Veteran
I wonder if cutting off the branch above the rot and putting the stem in water and sitting it next to the window for a couple weeks to grow out some more might be a better approach in my case. Its not even all that big of a deal, I doubt I'll want to grow out the seeds in there anyway, I'm just kinda amused at the fight for survival between the mother and the fungus. You sound like you made some pretty nice sized batches seeds since a little bit of rot doesn't bother you. Seems like you're right about the fatter seeded buds being a little bit more rot prone near the top than the unseeded ones, or maybe just a little more vulnerable to botrytis in general since the unseeded flowers seem like they also tend to rot top down often.
It'd be an experiment to try if the weather forced your hand but your best bet is trying to keep it attached to the main stem as long as possible. Tops usually rot first and I found the seeded flowers were much more mold prone then the unseeded flowers. It's possible the male pollen molds but I think once all the energy goes to producing seed it weakens the individual flower's mold resistance.

I had a hard time preserving my best stuff. I had males flower early and females flower late, meaning I had to use old pollen on plants that weren't as receptive as I like. By the time the females were receptive the fog, smoke, and rain sabotaged things. The result is I have more dummy limbs then usual, pollinated but with no seeds. The limbs that did get pollinated are in rough shape. The seeds that survived are random, a lot of the select by select stuff didn't make it. The bright side is that seeds are one thing I don't have a shortage of, thanks to previous years' efforts.

One take away is to pollinate as early as possible. Maybe do to batches, pollinate the limb once early, wait a week, then pollinate it again. If it's a mold year or a rain year at least there's some early seeds that make it.

St. Phatty

Since it's all for my own personal smoke I'm not doing a thorough trim. I'm mostly just taking the buds off the cola/branch and giving them a once over by hand with my fingers then into the jar they go.

about exactly the same way I do it !

Sometimes the buyer is real picky (e.g. Harborside in the Bay Area). If you want to sell to them, you have to spend time manicuring.

I think consumers like to get the small fan leaves that have visible trikes on them.

axle2u

I have always wondered if Red Leb is used to produce that wonderful Red Leb Hash. I saw a big ass block of it this summer. Made my mouth water.

yes, yes, and yes.......lol

but there is also rumor, that the red leb hash at one time
was pressed in big 100 ton presses, that produced a red oil, (which could be the mythical cherry oil of late 70s)....
this is the direction i am following with experimentation....
to proceed with process of elimination of source material of fabled authentic cherry oil

i wont have enough material this year to process into a resin
but i should end up with at least 1/4 oz -1/2 oz of my only plant
and thats enough to gain insight into the rare land race strains properties, -first hand

next year, i have a plan for it, to do much better
more plants, bigger and in flower early spring....

in its natural habitat, they plant em early march run to december
i think it is....they need longer grow time i think.....my only 1 plant was very very late blooming on her own.....
next year it will be induced prior to transplant outside....
next year i hit er up good, bro
now that i see whats what with it....lol

:party:

-axle

Montuno

...como el Son...
Zamalmystik 2020

Zamalmystik 2020

10-October-2020.

Zamalmistyc [ (Zamal Mafate 80's) x (Original Misty x Jack Herer/Afghan)] F5, (Tropical Seeds Company & Underground Seeds Collective ); born 20-July:

To have been born so late, the 20-July, is already about 1'80 meters:

View Image

View Image

15-October-2020:

Zamalmistyc (Behind of she, King Congo #2):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #2 2020

King Congo #2 2020

10- October-2020.

King Congo 2° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Higlands; Tropical Seeds Company); born 18-June).

Arround 1'70 metres high:

View Image

View Image

18-October-2020.

The maximum daily temperature in the shade was 29 °C; the minimum night temperature was 13 °C. The environmental humidity is between 15 and 45%.

King Congo #2 (born 18-June):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #2

King Congo #2

18-October-2020.

More King Congo #2 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; (Tropical Seeds Company); born June-18):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gumzgi

Montuno , hows the high from that strains u got there , its more powerfull than a standard regular ?

Montuno

...como el Son...
I don't know if I understand your question correctly, gumzgi... Bouth King Congo and the Zamalmystik I am showing are from regular (not feminized) seeds.

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

10-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands). Born during the first week of May.

Near of 3 meters of stem length:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

18-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company). Born during the first week of May.

One of the secondary branches, and its buds:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

18-October-2020.

King Congo #1 (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei Highlands; Tropical Seeds Company). Born during the first week of May.

One of the secondary branches, and its buds (closer view):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo #1 2020

King Congo #1 2020

18-October-2020.

Other of the secondary branches, and its buds :

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php