What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020

Sunshineinabag

i walk a specific "area" daily for the last 5 years with a 95 pound plott hound. I took some pics......i have Several areas that seem promising....may even plant one at my local power companies "back yard" .....im buying a drone to scope places i dont wanna have footpath too, one place has fresh poplar chews and mudslides from a big beaver....this may be an issue, and yes ty ironicly enough im 100 feet from the clarendon vt rail line in

btw i see your teaming up with afterthought autos nice

Sunshineinabag

sandy soil

sandy soil

Hi Duskray Troubador,
a simple soil aggregate test will tell you what sort of “clay” you have at your site. This will give you an educated guess at how much you should use or, if you should use any at all. For example, if you’re going for extra calcium it’s probably unnecessary due to the high levels in clay soils. Clay can also hold, more than enough, other elements like magnesium depending on your geological geography.
Hope this helps,
Cheers, 40

sandy soil fed by lake crustaceans like zebra mussels .....i wonder if i could pull of a beach sand grow?

St. Phatty

i walk a specific "area" daily for the last 5 years with a 95 pound plott hound. I took some pics......i have Several areas that seem promising..

that's what I do, keep walking the mountain area where you want to grow, find plots that have sun exposure, and trees so you can put up wire to stop the deer without losing stealth, etc.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have been using Google Earth for about 5 years now. While it show you possibilities, a site visit is an absolute must. I found spots that looked like they rock, and when I visited sucked big time. But it does work. The last spot I found I never would have discovered. It's about 200 feet from HQ. lol

I put some Honduran and Ecuadorean Fisherman's Arse (new chola strain. lol) there.
This one went in the ground in July.
picture.php

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
i gotta scout new spot or fire up an old old spot. beavers been putting in work last handful of years. few upper dams and whole lot of flooding cant risk it

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Beavers create huge dams close to my spots. Every 4-5 years, the ministry comes in a blows them up. They were here last hear so I'm safe to grow there this year.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
ya same here state comes in knocks em down. might be this year. lost a beautiful patch of sags early riser one year to beaver.

40degsouth

Hey Sunshineinabag,
If you can find a coastal spot with underground water, you’re set. Specific endemic plants may show you where that is as they do here.
I dig a three foot deep hole, put a kilo of water crystals in and as much activated and redried, charcoal as l can get. Dig this into the bottom third of the hole. Get as much organic matter as you can and again dig in activated charcoal 1 kg water crystals and one third to half a kilo of epsom salt (for a new hole 1.2*1.2 meters, amending an existing hole, one handful per square meter three to four times a year depending on rainfall) The magnesium in the epsom salt will bind sand and soil particles together and aid in water and nutrient retention.
I also like to add sulphate of potash and elemental sulphur at one handful per square meter at each third of the hole and dig it in. If you can get hold of bentonite clay or something similar get that in too and zeolite is excellent but more expensive than charcoal that l can make close to site in the best case scenario.
Sandy coastal soils are generally quite alkaline due to the large amounts of shell in the sand so they naturally want to balance back to alkaline.
Love coastal growing,

Dankwolf

Female seeds 2020 outdoor

Female seeds 2020 outdoor

Check my thread for more info. This year i will have epic plants or fail lol started too early/ late . have to run untested seed plants outside this year .

The chosen four for the year

Critacal sour #2

Shorter then critacl sour 4
Dank smell
Nice structures for indoor or outdoor so far
Crazy good support
Seams water sensitive . or rh sensitive
Handles cold temps like a boss

Maroc #1

Reminds of affgooye in a way
More sativa looking then expected
Resin / green plant smell
Vigour good
Seams vary stable
Main cola dom so far
Not much to report yet

Chemog #2 ( most chem dome of the 2 ogchems )
Fat leafs that remind me of a strian of old called akorn bud ( aka snow bud)
Vary smoth smell in veg
Wants heavy feed
Sensitive to high par
Good structure
Roots stay to surface of soil ( odd)
Transpires more then most strians that i have played with.

1 dream berry #1 (only got 1)
Good vigour
Crazy thick stalk ( no worries as far as supporting buds )
Displaying indica domanace in vege
Hungry plant
Internode distance could be closer
Chem og #2 (chem dom ? )
Fat leafs 2.5 inch wide x 4.5 long
Nice structure
Good internod distance.
Mushroom /leather smell
What i would call a true highland strian
Does not exhibit traits like most modern strians ( no sings of influence by man kind ) ***
Showing its auto/ hemp? Ancestry
Oder is pleasant like a friuty /white pepper

picture.php

There in 7 gallon potts . plan to put outside in green house with a400 watt hps in the next 3 weeks . transiton pott e rs will be the normal 45 gallon faberic pots . then the 2200 gallon potts in may .

PDX Dopesmoker

I wonder if there have been any scientific studies on it.

I do know that there are scientific studies on the effects of magnetic fields on seed germination and plant growth.

View Image

(a big speaker magnet is about 300mT)

That stuff about magnetic fields and plants has never really been thoroughly and properly investigated as far as i know, the topic seems to have become irrationally associated with "crackpot" science when an amateur scientist had the gall to publish a book about it a long time ago. Unfortunately the experiments clearly show that there is something there, so professional science is going to have to hold their noses and address the topic eventually. Until that comes to pass, my own personal pet theory is the most authoritative explanation of the phenomenon thats been proposed so far (because I say so) and it goes like this: free atomic particles in the atmosphere accelerated in a magnetic field to low velocities carry similar momentum as the massless photons coming from the sun which stimulate plant growth, so the low velocity physical impacts should instigate photosynthesis just as effectively as light does. The presence of the magnet should accelerate and focus whatever free electrons, protons or whatever happen to be floating around through the atmosphere onto the plant and the effect of that should be pretty much the same effect you'd get from adding wattage to the light source.
So of course I'm pretty sure its possible to grow plants in the dark using electron beams instead of light too, maybe one day I'll give it a try.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
lol. You just gave me an idea. Since I have two magnets, I'm going to do something completely stupid with one.

Freakshow joins a cult.
picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

My single leaf mutants still seems pretty committed to their nonconformist behavior.
tWK9gK6.jpg

Still hanging on to childhood
KPUIsAZ.jpg

This one is begining to look more mature
ONtmqo3.jpg

Sunshineinabag

Fair enough my dirt warriors! 30 degrees then 60 degrees until may here ....weve gone from melting snow machine paths this time of year, to overzealous retirees with money prob sick and tired of rebuilding houses on the hurricane coasts...move up here and realize MUD season is a real thing, and the locals mean mug you when you stomp the trails into pig styes instead of saty off until they are dry, which i enjoy because lazy people dont worry me much. I have an area super sweet but i digress my mind goes to soil comp and its usages over the last 4-5 decades....id feel horrible if i planted into an area and my bioaccumulators picked up something nasty so im trying to be diligent

clearheaded

Hey Sunshineinabag,
If you can find a coastal spot with underground water, you’re set. Specific endemic plants may show you where that is as they do here.
I dig a three foot deep hole, put a kilo of water crystals in and as much activated and redried, charcoal as l can get. Dig this into the bottom third of the hole. Get as much organic matter as you can and again dig in activated charcoal 1 kg water crystals and one third to half a kilo of epsom salt (for a new hole 1.2*1.2 meters, amending an existing hole, one handful per square meter three to four times a year depending on rainfall) The magnesium in the epsom salt will bind sand and soil particles together and aid in water and nutrient retention.
I also like to add sulphate of potash and elemental sulphur at one handful per square meter at each third of the hole and dig it in. If you can get hold of bentonite clay or something similar get that in too and zeolite is excellent but more expensive than charcoal that l can make close to site in the best case scenario.
Sandy coastal soils are generally quite alkaline due to the large amounts of shell in the sand so they naturally want to balance back to alkaline.
Love coastal growing,

I think you may have heard some half truths. what you want is GYPSUM not epsom salts. epsom salts are created with gypsum in soil and WASH away and gypsum is used assoil conditioner because of its properties and epsom salts are not.. simple mix up but ya you want GYPSUM not epsom salts if trying to condition soil. def nothing wrong with epsom salts tho def add micros!

Latest posts

Latest posts