What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2019 !!!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My dog is going to get her Lyme disease vaccine.

Why can't they make these for humans?

I had Lyme back in 2005. I lost 63 pounds. Staid skinny for 7 years

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
From last year in Tychomonolyth's Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants thread:

G `day GG ers

Tuck your trouser legs into your socks and put insect repellent on your neck and wrists .
Ticks hang out on blades of grass or leaves waiting for an animal to brush past them . Then latch on to us and start crawling towards the warmth of major blood vessels groin , neck , under arms and scalp .

They do not fall from above onto your head like I was told as kid . They crawl up from your arms or body .

Block their access to your body and they have a lot harder time fcking with you .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Don't use DEET to keep ticks off you! That's some poisonous shit you're rubbing on your skin and clothes..

Buy some very finely powdered sulfur dust, available at most garden stores.

Take an old sock and put about half cup of sulfur in it...

Before you go walking thru the woods or grasslands, lightly beat the sock on your socks, top of your boots and entire pants legs.
You'll see the light coating of sulfur dust on you.

It will keep ticks and chiggers off you better than anything else...

I've been using this method for more than 25 years....
I really don't like spraying DEET or other strong chemicals on my skin or clothing...

If you try my tip with the sulfur in a sock, I think you will find that it works pretty darn well....for ticks and chiggers...
You can put the sock in a zip-lock baggie and carry it with you, so you can re-apply it on extended walks thru the woods...

PS.. you can buy the powdered sulfur in almost any garden supply store, farmer's co-op, or most hardware stores..

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
From last year in Tychomonolyth's Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants thread:

I totally forgot about this. Thanks for the reminder.
Hell, I even bring some with me to dust the odd plant.

I posted this here about 4 weeks ago..I've been using this method for more than 25 years....
I really don't like spraying DEET or other strong chemicals on my skin or clothing...

If you try my tip with the sulfur in a sock, I think you will find that it works pretty darn well....for ticks and chiggers...
You can put the sock in a zip-lock baggie and carry it with you, so you can re-apply it on extended walks thru the woods...

PS.. you can buy the powdered sulfur in almost any garden supply store, farmer's co-op, or most hardware stores..

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've managed to avoid ticks for the most part, found a couple last year on me.....knock on wood. The damn fleas from the kids cats is another thing, my legs are ate up gotta do some spraying and get something to put on the cat. I remember you having those bad last year too Tycho. Definitely I dont need Lyme!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
My dog is going to get her Lyme disease vaccine.

Why can't they make these for humans?

I had Lyme back in 2005. I lost 63 pounds. Staid skinny for 7 years

Sorry to hear that man, I've always heard Lyme could kill you. That's along time 7yrs, hopefully your doing better or at least some what better?

beanjas

Took net off figured it would trap too much moisture. These bitches are thick af. Id say pistols
Next week.

Attachments

• 20190813_140304.jpg
    20190813_140304.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 11

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Diatomaceous earth could probably help with fleas, can put on animal fur/spread around the floor in home and easy to clean up with vaccum.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Diatomaceous earth could probably help with fleas, can put on animal fur/spread around the floor in home.

You know what I think you led me to getting some DE last year, thanks. I usually mix a little in my soil now. Also I have a bad snail, slug problem and a guy told me to spread DE around the plants and that's helped tremendously. I've used beer, snail,slug bait, but DE seems to keep them away better. It couldn't hurt I'll get my wife to hold her and put some on, I hate cats!!! Damn kittens have got a infestation of fleas and yea they like me alot, I've gave most the kittens away but the fleas stayed.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Took net off figured it would trap too much moisture. These bitches are thick af. Id say pistols
Next week.

Those are looking great man, you may end up having to prune them/thin them out some. I've removed a lot more of the lower branches on my plants this summer and tried to remove excessive leaves more than I have in the past. Beautiful plants that's for sure, great job.

beanjas

May 31st put clones in the ground.
74 days later August 13 close to onset of flowering .
Plants got huge with a 2 month veg here on the atlantic coast of canada.

Attachments

• 20190813_140304.jpg
    20190813_140304.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190531_195604.jpg
    20190531_195604.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 13

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
You know what I think you led me to getting some DE last year, thanks. I usually mix a little in my soil now. Also I have a bad snail, slug problem and a guy told me to spread DE around the plants and that's helped tremendously. I've used beer, snail,slug bait, but DE seems to keep them away better. It couldn't hurt I'll get my wife to hold her and put some on, I hate cats!!! Damn kittens have got a infestation of fleas and yea they like me alot, I've gave most the kittens away but the fleas stayed.

Glad to help man, its the best IPM Ive found so far (both in effectivness and health/safety wise). Cool to hear youve noticed the slugs dont like it also, Therevverend has also mentioned slugs not liking it.

This is the post that had me hooked on Diatomaceous earth:

Your problem is that you're afraid to spray your buds.

If you don't get 100% coverage you will continue to have problems. As long as airflow is good you should never have any problems spraying your buds. (and I mean drenching the buds with whatever it is that you are using at the time) I've only ever experienced bud rot when my plants STAY wet from extended periods of rain (spray). It shouldn't be a problem with proper ventilation.

On that note, You can use high CO2 to kill ALL of the borg in your room.
HOWEVER...
They're smart critters and have ways to hide from that as well.
Namely by leaving the area!

Being that you are indoors You've got to clean the entire house and treat the entire house as if it is infected.

I had a buddy get a super bad case of the borg & he didn't know what to do.
I went ballistic on them (the borg)!
First I sprayed with a mixture of Neem oil, capsasin & soap every three days for five applications.
As well I got a bag of Diatamaceous Earth and dusted the carpet with it and layed it out in the corners of the room. It was dusty every time a person walked in the room for about two weeks until it was vacuumed up.

I did the exact same for a room I had that was located on the edge of a wheat field.
Neither room has had issue with the borg since. That was nearly 10 years ago!

Got ripped

Got ripped

It's has been about a month since I checked my girls. Went to water and nothing but 4-6 inches of stalk. Not a fresh cut. Hatchet or big knife. 4 of them. PCK\MalAwi, Carmel King, Lemon Dizzle. They were nice and big. I try not to leave a trail. People do run dogs around. Only thing I know is that it is a kick in the gut. Personal stash. Sucks big time. I didn't stick around to investigate.

BgC

Bagseed68

Early Harvest?

Early Harvest?

This is my 4th grow, the first 3 ending with varying degrees of disappointment. Last year I purchased some Kandy Kush and Cherrie Pie seeds. I also asked a buddy in Wa. to send me some from his local dispensary. He sent me a package of 10 (non-femenized) seeds of a CBD strain with, relatively, low thc(11%). One of those CBD seeds sprouted a Male plant which I used to pollinate the other 2 strains, plus a strain that my son gave me. It was a seed out of a bag that he claimed was Lemon Haze, but who knows? The resulting seeds are what I'm working with this year.
I germinated 8 seeds in late Feb and vegged them out just long enough to take cuttings, root and flower to determine sex. To my delight only 1 Male in the bunch. The 7 remaining were planted in the yard on June 6th, one week earlier than I started last year's crop.
Last year, the Cherry Pie finished the last week of September, the rest in mid-October.
Here's my concern - while the LH(?)-cross is much further along than at this stage last year, one of the 2 CPx's looks like it's ready now and the other isn't far behind. Only the KKx seems to be growing at the same pace as last year. A lot of the white hairs on the CPx have turned brown and the buds are frosting up. Upon closer inspection I've found clear, cloudy and amber trich's - on the same bud! And it's barely August. There are no yellow or even yellowing leaves at all. I understand that cross- breeding can have some unusual side-effects. Is it possible that the 2 CPx's are somehow autos now?
Included is a pick of the CPx, as well as one of the KKx to show the drastically different stages they're in. Both were planted the same day, get the same amount of h2O and sunlight.
If anybody has experience in this area I'd appreciate your feedback.

Attachments

• 20190809_202224.jpg
    20190809_202224.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20190809_202153.jpg
    20190809_202153.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 14

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
It's has been about a month since I checked my girls. Went to water and nothing but 4-6 inches of stalk. Not a fresh cut. Hatchet or big knife. 4 of them. PCK\MalAwi, Carmel King, Lemon Dizzle. They were nice and big. I try not to leave a trail. People do run dogs around. Only thing I know is that it is a kick in the gut. Personal stash. Sucks big time. I didn't stick around to investigate.

BgC

All that work. So sorry man.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

BgC

Sorry to hear, it's been dry around here. I've been kinda afraid that's gonna happen to me if I don't get water carried into the guerilla plants

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
this is rk62 (auto pehku x auto ak47)
chopping her in a week or two

mbYXqHl.jpg

p34ODoW.jpg

DR9ohlx.jpg

V3dkZ1m.jpg

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway