What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2019 !!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I forgot to tell you guys I planted a Gelato OG, Bruce Banger, and Peyote Wi-Fi in 5gal buckets.....Ive got a Peyote Gorilla I'll probably plant if I find a bucket somewere. And the Karma tester Biker x Sherb IX look good, I ended up with 2 fems outta 2 seeds, and got 1 Tha Melon. All this stuff is later July early Aug stuff in 5gal buckets. I don't expect a lot but think they'll do ok, especially if it stays dryer this fall. That Karma stuff should be fire I'd love to grab a clone

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

There's a lot of guys bringing out the pics now,!!!! I think Aug and Sept last year weather and a lot me too hurt my final harvest. I expected way more last year, but me not used to growing in the Appalachian since I was a young teen, some 20 yrs ago. I mainly did indoor grows in the Midwest but put a few plants out a few times in a field. Even indoor it's WAY humid down here. I never used a dehumidifier in almost 15yrs in the Great Lake region, but I'll probably not try another indoor grow until I get a dehumidifier. So basically I've gotta try to have a strong rest of Aug and Sept Outdoors. There's some strains that could go outoor Nov weather permits. So hopefully NOBODY deals with a wash out like last year, I had no idea or I'd dropped a few crystals in my guerilla plot

St. Phatty

Those are nice St. Patty!!!! I'd love to be able to freely keep a few plants around my place. I went back to my guerilla plot packing water.

Thanks !

Been doing that twice a week all summer - packing water into the woods.

It's definitely some exercise !

I put out tarps to catch the rains.

Can you cover some depressions in the ground with 6 mil plastic (after harvest so as not to give away locations) for the rainy season ?

I put a second layer of plastic over my little pond. It was supposed to protect from evaporation, but the top piece of plastic must have some pin-holes.

Then I covered the top layer of plastic with leaves, to protect the water from the sun.

Now the leaves are all wet, which is OK. The native birds LOVE it.

I was going to bring up some redworms and introduce them to the pile of wet leaves.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Of course, it's pretty easy to see if there's a helicopter flyover.

Attachments

• IMG_20190804_120016_+__.jpg
    IMG_20190804_120016_+__.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20190804_121234_+__.jpg
    IMG_20190804_121234_+__.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 14

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It's kinda steep at my guerilla plot and even my containers. I shouldve put some crystals in the ground at those guerilla plants. I didn't have to carry water last year the first time, of course I carried in some nutes a few times. But that's the difference in the climate this year, we just had a once every 100yrs rainfall amount last summer. I'm debating on retiring from guerilla growing, and stick to the containers and what I plant close. I don't think I can do this another year, if I had a 4wheeler it would be different, I'll just have to see next yr. how I'm legs, back are doing.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Oh great I'll have to take a min and check these monsters out!!! I'd like to just do a lil vid like that around my containers. How do you do that if you dont mind me asking?? Thatz a cool way to share your footage/plants

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Wow the ground was so dry at the guerilla plot, glad I got them watered. Anything is a bonus from this guerilla plot especially with no water anywere...except 2miles straight downhill to a water hose lol.

I'm gonna water my container stuff tomorrow and do some up keep, remove any leaves that need it. Kinda just fingers crossed everything gets decent sunlight.

master kusher

I walk bare foot, When I step onto the sandy loam surface of the soil in the heat of the sun my feet burn, temperatures exceed 100 degrees fahrenheit on the regular basis. This is why I do not mind bringing water so they do not wilt or die.

yahooman

I walk bare foot, When I step onto the sandy loam surface of the soil in the heat of the sun my feet burn, temperatures exceed 100 degrees fahrenheit on the regular basis. This is why I do not mind bringing water so they do not wilt or die.

I DO NOT MISS GEURILLA GROWING!!

yahooman

What!? How do you live without being chased out of the bush by a pack of dogs at dusk? Don't you miss the ticks? What about the thrill of driving around a police checkpoint with a trunk full of fresh skunk bud?

oh man,i do not miss that at all!lol
the bugs were the worst,but the hiding and sneeking i hated the most

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I DO NOT MISS GEURILLA GROWING!!

I'm thinking the same thing, though it's hard work, and your probably not gonna net much guerilla growing out were you can't get to your plants very often. I kinda like rolling a few Js and kinda getting off to myself. Then there's times like a wk or so ago I got caught out in a helluva storm. And EVERYTIME I went out last yr it came a downpour, which it rained the entire summer last year. It's definitely been a drastic change since last year. If I guerilla grow next year I'm gonna get some crystals for my holes.

yahooman

i always grew in swamps,i never had to lug in water,and never made a trail cause it was 3 feet deep,i just would grow in the high areas,i had 2 plots i used for years!one was 1 minute walk from my house

radioman

I always grew in swamps or "Wetlands" up here in Vermont too. I grew some massive KC Brains Mango out there for a few years. I haven't even been in "The Swamp" for a few Years because of the Ticks now that are Everywhere. I thought about "Swamp Planting" this year but I got 3 Ticks on Me one day this Spring while I was planting the plants I got growing now... Even with Deep Woods Off sprayed all over My Body - The ticks found spots I missed. I sat down to rest and a tick was on my shirt. I didn't want to start plants anymore plants after that...
I ended up getting 40 Female Plants in 3 spots & and 4 six packs of unsexed plants (Seed Plants). I just picked out the males in the "Seed Plot' last Friday....

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have rubber boots and rain pants, like you'd wear on a motorcycle. I soak my feet and legs with Deep Woods I don't get one. But I'm a little lazy sometimes, so when I didn't do it, I had ticks. 4 bites this year.

Latest posts

Latest posts