What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

St. Phatty

Just like we did at the nursery, carefully, working from the corner of the flat scoop them out and break them apart. The roots usually don't tangle much. They always grow well and are happy after transplant. Need to be watered within a couple days especially for the ones that are roughed up a little.

That's the way one of the local nurseries does it with their baby fruit trees.

And it works really good.

Ol'_Haze_Nut

Howdy Pipeline!
Not only was she happy, she was low maintenance. Most years here are bone dry July thru September, hence the tan lawn, but plant got only token splashes out of caution when temps hit triple digits Fahrenheit. Though only a bit over five ft. tall I wouldn't be surprised if her tap root went at least that deep.
Genetics are pure speculation since there were dozens of females and males (all sativa leaning hybrids) happening in containers in that area last year. Effect is energetic, but calming and focused as well. Only takes about 3-4 hits to get quite lifted but much more and you'll pass through a soporific stage before the sativa side takes over😊

Hashislife

Hello Friends, i have try the washing machine with my friends weed before my harvest, the results its good, with that very regular weed i have make a good hash, i have make 3 wash in 190/25, i have mix the 3 25 mic and i have just the first of 190, because the second and third wash was just trash in the 190.
IMG_20221129_191937.jpg

The 25
IMG_20221201_181208.jpg
IMG_20221202_002139.jpg

The 190
IMG_20221201_181513.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats a big fat hooter man! I don't think you'd want to smoke one that big with some of the potent herb around here. You'd be set for a while. :smoke:

St Phatty- Yeah we were growing trees and shrubs actually from seed. The smaller the plant the harder it is to transplant. Some of them you just transplant a clump of the little seedlings then thin them out later to the strongest ones. I feel like a rough them up too much sometimes, but they always make it. One of my friends years ago transplanted a small seedling by pulling it straight out of the ground and transplanting. Just make sure they have moisture and get water soon.

Thats great Ol Haze man! Growing volunteers gives a little selective pressure for a strong individual. They get to enjoy a full season with a head start so it would optimize potency. Another advantage to breeding at home, you get some volunteer plants starting the garden for you. Had to dig around them, I left about 6 inches on each side. I had a volunteer in the lawn I posted earlier, I kept mowing over it on accident and it survived and was getting up to half a foot tall with several sets of leaves!

How is your breeding program going? What are you working on? Thats where its at. If you work a line for long enough, grow out enough individuals, set goals, you will find something special you can call your own.

Looks like some great hash there! I always keep mine put away for a rainy day. Well its a dark rainy day, maybe I should get it out. What are the black balls? Is that finger hash or did you compress the bubble hash runs from the washer? Were you using fresh wet cannabis for your runs?

full

full

full

Volunteers are center 2nd and 3rd plant back. Topped them early and it worked out just right to keep an even canopy.

full

Summer Storm
full

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Woah, listening to The Potcast episode 64 with Ed Rosenthol and around 1:14 he says he's really into growing a lot of small plants close together. Saying that there is evidence more of the carbon is allocated to flower production with small plants!

Mudballs2.0

Woah, listening to The Potcast episode 64 with Ed Rosenthol and around 1:14 he says he's really into growing a lot of small plants close together. Saying that there is evidence more of the carbon is allocated to flower production with small plants!
There's anecdotal sayings also that very large plants do not express the full optimum flavor and cannabinoids possible by that pheno. Smaller plants are more flavorful they say and a truer representation of what the plant really is. Im a convert and advocate for plants to stay below 7'...i prefer very small plants actually now.

revegeta666

There's anecdotal sayings also that very large plants do not express the full optimum flavor and cannabinoids possible by that pheno. Smaller plants are more flavorful they say and a truer representation of what the plant really is. Im a convert and advocate for plants to stay below 7'...i prefer very small plants actually now.

I also prefer them small 🙄 ahem... although mainly for convenience. But what you said about about bigger plants not expressing themselves fully sounds very interesting. Who says that? I would like to look into it.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out The Potcast Episode 64 with the long-time cannabis activist Ed Rosenthal at 1:14. He discusses the topic. Its so much easier to manage plants that are less than 7 ft. How do you check the flowers for mold. There is so much involved in structuring those giant plants. The medicine this year is really good!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A friend of mine who was farming medicinal cannabis in california several years ago lost $80,000 worth of herb in mold. If they weren't restricted by plant numbers, and were able to grow large numbers of small plants, they would have likely been able to save more of it. They were waiting to allow the crop to ripen more, but then they had a mold outbreak. Mold may have already been growing in the flowers, but they were unable do proper inspections with such huge plants. :smoke:

Mudballs2.0

I also prefer them small 🙄 ahem... although mainly for convenience. But what you said about about bigger plants not expressing themselves fully sounds very interesting. Who says that? I would like to look into it.
Ill have to find it...food for thought, you ever see those big juicy colas the size of soda cans? Yeah they cool. but you ever crack one open? It's like the inside of a lettuce head. The inside isnt beautiful trichome covered goodness...it's pale yellow sunstarved bleached featureless trichomeless surface area, useless for processing into smoke. Pretty pics, but waste of fertilizer, time, space, manpower...on and on. I believe there is a point where the plant puts energy into certain traits. I like trichome covered nug more than dense packed pale lettuce like nugs. It's like a ratio of good trichome flower to worthless stem, leaf, root..canopy to support structure/systems.there is a golden ratio

Last edited:

revegeta666

Ah yes ok ok now I get it. Yes I agree on the huge colas being less quality, just because smaller buds do have better resin coverage than bigger ones. People who grow for extractions only, like small buds better for this reason. When you have a huge cola, obviously there's no resin inside it, unlike small buds which have all their surface covered in resin. Very true.

I thought you were saying small plants produce better weed independently of bud size.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ed hypothesized that it was due to the amount of carbon that goes to the flowers compared to bigger plants, I think he had some justification for it. Theres probably a couple reasons for it. I didn't realize this, I thought bigger plants in more sun would yield the highest potency flower.

revegeta666

Ed hypothesized that it was due to the amount of carbon that goes to the flowers compared to bigger plants, I think he had some justification for it. Theres probably a couple reasons for it. I didn't realize this, I thought bigger plants in more sun would yield the highest potency flower.
Ok I'll check the episode thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts