What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

St. Phatty

>>> Hey fullas here's a couple of vids of the season just starting off here in nz.

The Western News Media discriminates against the Southern Hemisphere, when it comes to wildfire reporting.

Even when I use search terms "wildfire news australia africa south america New Zealand" there is NOTHING.

But Pot reporting is Good !

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome, nice spot! Looks like a great start! Did you start your seedlings indoors and move them outdoors? Flowering early is a common issue with plants that are moved outside. Thanks for sharing!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't have experience with using a light indoors, but I have put them in the window for several days and they get a good start when they get back outside.

On The Potcast, the owner of Snow High seeds was talking about how acclimatization affects the quality of the terpenes and how they evolve. So working with a strain for several seasons, the plants may begin to produce better quaility terpenes as well as finishing on time, tolerating stresses, etc!

full

Last edited:

budsnblunts

Veteran
I usually climatize these by putting them outside during the day and leave them outside a little later each time until they are living outside. But the bad patch of weather came down hard l, mostly winds but I find them the most likely for stressing out plants and inducing early flowering. Combine a little mid spring hail on top of that. I really want to get some supplemental lighting going for them outside through the first few weeks. Any of yous tried with that.?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't have any experience, but from what the science says, its the photoperiod, actually the dark period, that the plants use to determine flowering. When you have them inside under one light/dark ratio, then bring them outside in the spring they have a shorter light period and more darkness, which triggers the phytochrome pigment to signal flower induction.

The acclimatization Snow High seeds was talking about is referring to the strain/cultivar being acclimated to a particular climate. He said some strains have better mold tolerance in the heat, some have better mold tolerance in the cold for example. He wasn't just talking about growth and pest resistance though. He was saying terpene profile, which means if a strain is acclimated to the environment and growing well, it will be a healthy plant and resin development will be optimized. Heat and drought tolerance for example, but it has to do with everything in the environment. Flowering time as well, if the plant takes too long to start flower, it will not have time to finish.

There's a great benefit for choosing cultivars that are acclimated for your climate. Would be even more closely acclimated to your local climate if the line has been grown in the area and produce seed every year over time, allowing selections to take place to improve the acclimation.

God's perfect plan, my friend! Better give Him thanks for that! :smoke:

July 31, 2022
full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks fantastic, nice full buds but not too tight bud density to help with mold. What is bshw? Was that grown outdoors this fall?

St. Phatty

Don't have experience with using a light indoors, but I have put them in the window for several days and they get a good start when they get back outside.

On The Potcast, the owner of Snow High seeds was talking about how acclimatization affects the quality of the terpenes and how they evolve. So working with a strain for several seasons, the plants may begin to produce better quaility terpenes as well as finishing on time, tolerating stresses, etc!

full

How do you separate them when you go to transplant them ?

Or is this grow with closely spaced seedlings ?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just like we did at the nursery, carefully, working from the corner of the flat scoop them out and break them apart. The roots usually don't tangle much. They always grow well and are happy after transplant. Need to be watered within a couple days especially for the ones that are roughed up a little.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Here's a couple from last year. Yes the light schedule heavily affects the plants flowering cycle , I have found certain forms of stress also induce this. 10 years or so experience with certain mid November patch of weather always tends to do it for me. But that is how things go from region to region.
View media item 18080161
View media item 18081854The first was a blue dream seedling and the second a dos si dos.
The clones usually grow considerably smaller. And botrytis is really bad here hahaha...

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, you're probably right, the plant is stressed and wants to reproduce so it flowers.

Nice garden! Thats a good amount of sun, healthy plants! Usually mold is bad here too, but this year it was't at all. Benefits of having a drought in the fall! Do you top the plants or do any training?

Nice plants smirnoff! I like the northern lights! Bushy afghan plant, thats great! I grew that as a hybrid in the past, but it never made it to harvest. I've heard a lot of people talking about it. Some good some bad. What do you think?

budsnblunts

Veteran
I top them out a few times before they go into the ground and then a couple more times after that, but these ones above in the pictures were eaten by possums which gave them the really bushy growth hahaha.. it is hit and miss here a lot of the times. Next year I will raise ten seeds outside for a test to see how many more stay in veg.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bring them in on those cold nights under 50 F and in germination stage if its not too warm. Although they do come up and grow in the cold weather, so they can get used to it. I just don't like to see the stems get purple and the seedlings get stunted.

You can leave them outside just under a protected area to keep the cold off them, then move them outside. Its best to try to leave them outside if possible, the sun comes up so early. They soak it up.

iTarzan

bshw is butterscotch Hawaiian pipeline. Yers ago a poster called NDNguy sent a bunch of bshw seeds around to many people and growers found some good plants. Unfortunately the groundhogs found my bshw plants early in the season.

Nice plant Ol Haze.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, thats a happy plant! The lawn didn't do as well as the plant did. Wish I could let them grow out in the lawn. Maybe some day....

Thanks for sharing! How was the smoke on that one?

Thanks iTarzan! Butterscotch sounds good, wonder what the genetic origin of that is?