What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

40degsouth

We had an unusually cold start to summer for the third year in a row. I don’t think this would effect flowering times but I could be wrong. The AOGs were late flowering and I didn’t think they would revert to flower given the harvest window, for this particular pheno, was the last week in April and first week in May last year.
Anyway it’s a good lesson for me to stick with the tried and tested December 1st for clones even after being taken out in the morning and in of a night for ten to fourteen days.
Yeah, the Deep Chunk’s one I’ve been lurking around for years and now there’s some reproduction work being done, l may try and get some in the next few years and I’ve enjoyed watching your garden grow.
I’ve really had a lot of fun testing Bradley’s gear but I’ve ruthlessly culled out anything that didn’t impress me, which included all the males, so I’ll leave that work to him as my Blackdog projects are all I’ve got room for.🤗

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dec. 1 is pretty late that corresponds to June 1 for northern hemisphere. Which would give a good safety margin for photoperiod to prevent flowering, but it wouldn't be necessary. Thats within 3 weeks of the solstice. Every line grows differently though. I'm right at 40N and spring frost doesn't last past mothers day (early to mid May) the large majority of the time. Avg last frost is April 22 here. After that you should be good to plant with out flowering and a delay to June 1 only cuts down on yield potential.

We had a frost early to mid may the last couple years too, curious what we end up with this spring. Herb doesn't really mind some cold, but if its too cold they may get stunted and set back a little. Yeah flowering time is determined by length of dark period alone. Seedlings/clones started indoors and brought outside are prone to flowering early if not hardened off.

The best Deep Chunk reproduction can be purchased here: I would go ahead and get it and put it in the fridge or be in communication by email with these guys to check availablity. They will probably do future reproductions as needed to replenish stock in the future.

Got a bunch more seed than I have room for this year, but I have the stock I want so that I don't have to wait until it becomes available again later on.

Last edited:

40degsouth

Hey Pipeline,
Is that an open pollination Humboldt CSI have done???
And here’s a couple of photos, one of the sulphured plant that’s now half a meter tall and an example of how l top dress straight over the vegetation. In this particular case it’s a mustard green crop, in a fallow bed, alowed to go to seed (immature) . This focuses plant available phosphates, back to the top of the soil.
096BDC10-F465-4531-B7E2-43E38EA6D5F9.jpeg
464445EF-3060-4468-9865-877C138D6E87.jpeg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, you use mustard greens as a cover crop. Need to talk to my neighbor and start moving cow manure compost soon. Plants look healthy!

Description​

Deep Chunk IBL ~ Deep Chunk x Deep Chunk

An open pollination preservation reproduction of circa ’03 original Tom Hill Deep Chunk stock.

21 Regular Seeds per Pack

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
40degreessouth--Thats cool the sulfer burnt plant was able to grow! Looks really healthy and going to yield decent with a little bit of veg time!

Compost looks really good consistency. Where do you source yours? Do you screen it?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Working on sorting a bunch of pics from last year, so got a few good shots on the way. Dates are uncertain because the camera doesn't keep dates anymore for some reason.

August 2022 magical time of the year!

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think we have special forums for some countries. Will have to look.

I was saying if they wanted to start an "Anything Outdoors 2023" thread, they have the grow reports, just make the thread and post a link for us to follow.

St phatty is already started! Any pics? What are you growing this year?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Potcast interview with Bob Hemphill from Crickets and Cicaida Seeds is great. He's from Northern California and shares lots of great organic growing tips! Great perspectives shared here!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1-2 oz per gal isoporopyl alccohol 99.9%
1-2 oz per gal Plant Therapy
1oz per gal Dr Bonners soap
1/4 oz per gal tsp Essential oils (alternate types)

Do when not above 90 degrees, lights off, fans not on plants if indoor.
Spray every day for 12 days. Gets rid of most problems.
Clean the plants off for a week ,then spray with water for a week switch to sulfer spray and water alternating every week. Do once a year. Give a week between.
After treatment the next week spray the plants off with yucca, aloe and water.

He says he also uses (micro) sulfer spray every other week after .

I would talk Bob Hemphill to get details before attempting this. If not done correctly it will burn the plants.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

I think we have special forums for some countries. Will have to look.

I was saying if they wanted to start an "Anything Outdoors 2023" thread, they have the grow reports, just make the thread and post a link for us to follow.

St phatty is already started! Any pics? What are you growing this year?

So far all seeds from 2022, with improvised names because the labels faded.

e.g. "Apricot Kush" because it sounds good, it was a nice skunky resiny mother plant, and it was in a bucket near some apricot trees.

Also "Super Trike #1". I was very impressed by the height of some trichomes on a small seedling that got a late start.

All of them have Apollo 11 in them.

And the pics ... are on my camera. Still patching together Internet etc. after the local Internet tower crashed.

I paid $100 a year for high speed dial-up in 2002, that was just as good as what I have now.

I know that Moore's law applies to Internet/ telecom equipment too, BUT that doesn't seem to help with the pricing.

I guess the Internet providers have to pay for their super expensive American health care.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man thats unusually slow! I just got fiber optic so going at like over 100 mbps when my copper wire was around 5 mbps. I think dial up is way way down there. Guess its more chance to just live life the old fashioned way in the 3D world.

The super Trike #1-- How was the resin head size? Trichome stalks have little THC, the resin head is what really matters. Bigger resin heads means more medicine production. May be a good place to start reguardless.

St. Phatty

Man thats unusually slow! I just got fiber optic so going at like over 100 mbps when my copper wire was around 5 mbps. I think dial up is way way down there. Guess its more chance to just live life the old fashioned way in the 3D world.

The super Trike #1-- How was the resin head size? Trichome stalks have little THC, the resin head is what really matters. Bigger resin heads means more medicine production. May be a good place to start reguardless.

Small. Mostly what was noticeable was the height. If there had been little ball shapes on top I would have noticed.