What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
May or may not be one you want, Tom Hill was talking about varieties that looked really fuzzy but weren't necessary resin trichomes. Just be a aware of those. Beaster buds were like that, kind of like velvet, but not that strong.

How does it smoke?

Have a good batch of snow working its way in. Will be a good time to test the plants, looking for keeper phenos. I rarely get through all the harvest, only if its mostly moldy or N burnt. It will be kind of a chore, but will be worth it to have a good starting point for the line for the future. I'll get really healthy from it. Herb is good for you.

I pulled from a few generations of seed planting this year, but most of it was recent. Hope to get this line tuned in for a stable workable cultivar for the future. So I need to get smoking like a good breeder should. Breed what tastes good to you! :smoke:

40degsouth

Hey everyone,
Ancient Og F5, 150mm clone planted on the 27th of November. Aiming for 10 feet tall.
Pipeline, that’s composted cow manure from a local feed lot that runs at a ph of seven and has a bulk amount of pine bark as well as fine material.
Cheers,
2AB89D57-DA85-48E5-A9AF-ED8E96900B41.jpeg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How many more weeks of veg do you have. Looks like you're running out of time to reach that tall. I don't know the dates in the southern hemisphere but its probably pretty similar in comparison with our spring equinox/ summer solstace and fall equinox. You are past the solstace now so I would think some time early february flowering is going to start.

Looks like a good yielder! Ancient OG is a favorite!

Compost is the secret, you can't burn with it and it slow feeds nitrogen to keep the plants from going hungry. It also brings the microbe life and organic matter for holding water and fertilizer. You put it on really deep. I guess right up close to the stem it gets thinned down. Compost kills weeds, good idea! So long as your compost doesnt have weed seeds in it. Sounds like a good product! Plants look happy!

40degsouth

Hey Pipeline,
I usually alow weeds to get going around the end of February and March to use as a free green manure crop and l top dress straight over them in September/October. They hold the soil together and store nutrients for you with no effort at all.
I’ve taken drastic action this year to kill off all the weeds in the garden because they’re a vector for the leaf spot disease l get here…….it’s time to up my game and take the fight to it.
Yeah we’re directly opposite the northern hemisphere so as February is your last month of winter, it’s our last of summer. We have long days and long twilights and a bit of knowledge that made sense to me, regarding daylight hours, was that if it’s light enough for us to see, the plants can too.
Obviously veg time is strain specific and l believe the AOGs’s probebly got another four weeks or so to go before stretch.
Schrews describes the line as having “unlimited stretch” therefore, if it doubles in size from when the photo was taken, during veg and stretches 100% then it’ll end up 3.8 meters tall, or just over 12.5 feet and probably 16 or more feet wide.
The Blackdogs from the same height clone ends up between four and five feet tall.
And to finish up a couple of photos of Bradley’s Wham Whams stretching into eight feet and beginning to smell like oranges. I think l was premature thinking it went directly into flower.
And one of the workers checking out the health of the sulphured plant.
Cheers,
7C235EC0-88E6-4412-B331-6EE70E4AC3A2.jpeg
25A3E8B5-6A52-4C66-89C4-38F8E89A2153.jpeg
6FCFA6BC-CFB9-449B-ACD1-D6D7EACE93A7.jpeg

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Wham Wham looks like vigorous phenotype! They may end up getting a lot bigger, they're on the move with lots of thick branches!

Usually around the first month of August I see flowering kick in and we have until about mid to late October we see first killing frost. This year was early. Sounds like they will be on about the same schedule.

Cool shot of the tree frog watching over the garden!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool sounds like a promising hybrid! Are the seeds from that old herb I guess?

You have old flower laying around all over the place. Do I need to loan you my bubble hash bags?

St. Phatty

Cool sounds like a promising hybrid! Are the seeds from that old herb I guess?

You have old flower laying around all over the place. Do I need to loan you my bubble hash bags?

Yes, bags of pot covered with papers and tools - and chicken poop - in one post-Apocalyptic Mess.

Thanks for the bubble bags suggestion but I like to smoke fresh cut flower.

My #1 Cannabis cutting scissor has a few grams of Scissor-hash on it I would normally share with a neighbor. Better scrape it off and wrap it in foil before it falls off and a rat eats it.

I was thinking about taking 1/4 ounce of old pot and putting it in a bathroom with 2 pet birds, then lighting it on fire and seeing what happens, then turning the exhaust fan back on because I'm not trying to hurt them.

But if they walk over to the smoking pile and start inhaling the smoke, then I will have Cannabis Birds to go with the Cannabis Cat.

Of course, bird feathers are flammable too, so I better be careful so you don't have to read about the guy who burned his house down and killed his pets trying to get them high.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My dog ate some bubblehash when he was a year or 2 old. It was fresh and still wet on the cardboard. He was woozy and feeling it falling over and stuff. Been a really cool dog ever since. I would imagine its good for them to get stoned at least once, gives them a better perspective. Cat hates the smoke.

Hashislife

My dog ate some bubblehash when he was a year or 2 old. It was fresh and still wet on the cardboard. He was woozy and feeling it falling over and stuff. Been a really cool dog ever since. I would imagine its good for them to get stoned at least once, gives them a better perspective. Cat hates the smoke.
Not every cars hates the smoke 😉 i have 8 and 2 of them are Everytime with me for smelling when I smoke, and the other don't look disappointed or something like that when i smoke 😉

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well.
Here’s a few photos of Bradley Danks’ Wam Wam after a full cream milk fungal spray. There’s some debate as to weather skim milk is better than full cream but to my mind the fat in full cream should help shed moisture off the leaf and maybe smother the leaf spot disease that is beginning to show up here and there throughout the garden.
We’re starting to get some heavy dews which seems to help the leaf spot get a foot hold. It’s stretching into nine feet and has definitely transitioned.
92B6A17D-A0B6-4BBD-B5E4-D74FC49234FF.jpeg
9C163BD7-E39A-4130-BDF9-C7140975AE6F.jpeg
632700C7-7FF1-4C59-ADAA-741535C2E26E.jpeg
123BB2C1-17E1-4628-8F1F-D394A11100C1.jpeg
I’ll also include one of the Blackdog x AOG f5 and of the mother for comparison.
5DCEE05D-0DB5-4E5B-95A0-D7AD210C7C9D.jpeg
6C47457F-C8C6-4529-9A9C-153AA76E1B61.jpeg
Cheers,

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking sharp! Those are liking all the compost! Thanks for the tip on an organic fungal spray. Those spots eat the plant up in the fall and really reduce productivity. I pick the leaves out normally. Have you used milk in the past?

Thanks for the update! Great pictures! :smoke:

40degsouth

Hey Pipeline,
Yeah they sure do, soul destroying stuff. The 2012 selection of the Blackdog, sold through HSO, is the only strain l can say every plant is 100% resistant against the particular disease l get here and another reason why ALL seeds should be soaked in a fungicide solution before popping.
I’ve flip flopped around from septoria to fungal infections but now I’m pretty sure it’s fungal, wind borne and overwinters in plant debris and certain weeds around the garden. I have used everything on it from h202, salt water, sulphur, bicarb, trichoderma, brix mix, potassium bicarbonate,KNF lacto bacillus mixes, both fungal and bacterial dominated teas and I’ve even trialed the highest grade myclobutinil (the active ingredient in Eagle 20 and this stuff’s four times stronger than that and used by strawberry growers here. I stopped eating strawberries after I found this out 🤯) l can get here, on test plants, and it’s even resistant to that. l posted a lot of this stuff up in “Local Materials Thread”, l think it was.
I’ve used and been aware of the milk 1-9 water spray for years but never thought it would work being so simple and the pathogen being so resistant and virulent.
The feeling l get is that the spore sits on the leaf and waits for ideal conditions, ie moisture and the stress of flowering and spore load builds during the season.. The pathogen progresses and reaches its crochendo as senescence approaches, turning the leaves and buds to mush.
Maybe the fat content in the milk will prevent the spore from attaching, smother it or best case scenario, kill it completely. We’ll see, I’ll update as l go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts