What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh yeah I remember Lougrew! That was awesome. The yard is my field! Thats how its done. Would be a lot of work that way though. I'd set a sprinkler up and water them like a nursery! He had it down pretty well!

I used to use miracle grow. Works well. Quick and readily available. Its lighter to pack in dry nutrients than liquid feed though. I only carry water in if necessary.

Its about time to feed. Get those bloom ferts out! Take care of yourself wvkindbud! I'll pray for you. I'm being sure to drink my milk and i'm taking bone and joint suppliments. I stretched good today and it felt so nice! I know whats coming when I get older. Trying to stay ahead of my body breaking down. Mom has a hip being replaced in a few days! I'm all about eating good. I just don't give my self time to sleep. Rasta nursery man pipeline schedule! That how summer's supposed to be. Work until dark, check on the crop, eat dinner chill for a bit with the dogs, get up with the sun and do it all again! I was made for this! :smoke:

caliprop215

Veteran
Friends always like y u in the garden so much. ....i tell them who else is gna watch them grow! They dont grow unluess u watch them LOL

caliprop215

Veteran
This thread went 1 post to long before a picture is do. So here a pic hahahhahahahaaha

Attachments

• 20180727_182312.jpg
    20180727_182312.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180727_181652.jpg
    20180727_181652.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180727_182324.jpg
    20180727_182324.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 12

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Im pretty sure Triacontanol comes from alfalfa and kelp contains gibberellins, auxins, betaines, and cytokinins. I mixed alfalfa and kelp meals into my soil and also used them in feeds/teas/foliars simultaneously to get the benefits of both.

It does but it also is in certain seaweeds and kelp extracts as well. I found a bit of research and date on it and I will see if I can't find it later and post the links where it talks about kelp containing triacontanol.

I know one thing, I have seen plants double in size literally within 2 days from a good solid seaweed/kelp extract foliar feed. You can't beat it for a foliar spray, it is in a league of it's own.

MountainBudz

Oh yea I'm sure it can be done. My first 2-3 grows back when I was a young teenager in the late 80s I used miracle grow. That's all everybody used around here especially yrs ago. I've seen guys grow trees with miracle grow....stalks like baseball bats lol. I'm not knocking miracle gro....yea it'll work if you get the rt type and be very careful. There's just a lot of better options I've learned to use over the yrs.

I'm gonna hike up to my guerilla patch up on the mtn top and check on things. I've got 1 plant I couldn't tell if it was m/f and I've afraid it's a male and will dust the fems up there. I've got 6-7 nice fems up there. I'm gonna take some nutes up there too!!!

I used the regular miracle grow or (the original) formula when I first started growing 17 years ago. I realize now it got me by, but the NPK numbers are shit for cannabis...

Now I use miracle grow tomato formula religiously outdoors, the NPK formula is perfect for cannabis, literally perfect and it is very highly water soluble and dissolves quickly. Also it is loaded with calcium which a lot of basic fertilizers are not. And we all know how the ganja LOVES calcium!

If you guys haven't tried it or checked out the specs on miracle grows tomato formula, please check it out. I also use Jack's classic and even back when it was "Peters". It's amazing stuff as well, all of their formulas are great.

Over the years I have learned that a combination of organic and chemical specifically outdoors will yield to you the greatest potential results the plants could possibly give. I also read that in my Guerilla Growers trade secrets book as well, it was threads listed in the book that was taken from the old overgrow site before it shut down. That book is full of old school overgrow info and absolutely is the most legit and honestly the only true Growers book I have ever owned or read. Makes the cannabis Bible's look like children's books. I am not a big believer in books, I am all about learning from hands on experience, however that trade secrets book is golden!

MountainBudz

Sorry y'all, just to clear it up, the miracle grow tomato formula doesn't contain any calcium, but has magnesium instead. I was thinking of the Espoma Tomato Tone that is packed full of calcium which is why I only use tomato tone or jobes tomato organic fertilizer is good also. But that miracle grow tomato is still a kick ass fertilizer for the price and the NPK on it is 18-18-21. It has other micros that aren't in the regular formula as well since it is specifically designed for tomatoes..

Yea it’s good stuff buddy.. I would like to share some of my stuff on here with y’all if I ever figure it out. Hey mountain buds I bet you don’t do many shoulder presses with the 3.8 cuft promix bales haha. Shew I tell you what those suckers are like carrying a body thru these Appalachian hills! I think I carried out (to different spots that needed some help) a grand total of 19 of the 3.8’s I got down to like the last 6 that I was taking out and said frig it and cut them in half with a rzr blade (they actually kept there form) and then putting them in big huge garbage bags and carrying g them out that way.. twice as many trips but twice as light so..
It was funny cause at first I had this grand idea I was going to make a zip line going down the mtn with steal cable and use ratchet straps and hooks to let them slide all the way down to where I needed them.. well that was a big fail haha..

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
There's no doubt seaweed is a must for a cannabis grower. I dunno but I think it helps with plant stress and disease. That's just from my use and what I've seen. I use maxicrop liquid and soluble in almost all my fertilizer mixes. I use a lot of 3part nutes and I always put a lil seaweed in basically any type of fertilizer mix.

MB yea I knew there was a certain type of MG that worked good. Most southern guys only know miracle grow. These older guys never used the internet and shit like that. They used miracle grow religiously and that alone.

MountainBudz

Yea it’s good stuff buddy.. I would like to share some of my stuff on here with y’all if I ever figure it out. Hey mountain buds I bet you don’t do many shoulder presses with the 3.8 cuft promix bales haha. Shew I tell you what those suckers are like carrying a body thru these Appalachian hills! I think I carried out (to different spots that needed some help) a grand total of 19 of the 3.8’s I got down to like the last 6 that I was taking out and said frig it and cut them in half with a rzr blade (they actually kept there form) and then putting them in big huge garbage bags and carrying g them out that way.. twice as many trips but twice as light so..
It was funny cause at first I had this grand idea I was going to make a zip line going down the mtn with steal cable and use ratchet straps and hooks to let them slide all the way down to where I needed them.. well that was a big fail haha..

That is actually a GREAT idea if you can get it to work lmao. But yes, those big 3.8 bales is what I do the shoulder presses, deadlifts etc with. And when I want an even better workout, I press the wet ones. Lol when they get wet they get extremely heavy almost double the weight. But I used to be a body builder/powerlifter so I guess my muscle memory allows it haha...

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

There's no doubt seaweed is a must for a cannabis grower. I dunno but I think it helps with plant stress and disease. That's just from my use and what I've seen. I use maxicrop liquid and soluble in almost all my fertilizer mixes. I use a lot of 3part nutes and I always put a lil seaweed in basically any type of fertilizer mix.

MB yea I knew there was a certain type of MG that worked good. Most southern guys only know miracle grow. These older guys never used the internet and shit like that. They used miracle grow religiously and that alone.

Yes that's true WV... All these other Growers here around me and the newbies and og's included still till this day use the regular old miracle grow, from seed to harvest and all the way through flowering at that. That's why the majority of the weed around here is good but has this really really leafy smell and coughs you like a fuckin fire breathing dragon lol.

Not being conceited or bragging, but everyone around here thinks my bud comes from Colorado or California because my outdoor passes super easy for indoor and my indoor passes easily for what people around here call "dro" or "fire". It all comes down to knowing how to grow and keeping up with and seeking out top genetics and finding keepers.

Every grower around here wether it be commercial or closet growers, as bad as I hate to say it, have no clue whatsoever how to grow marijuana correctly. I guess I can't say correctly because if they are able to grow it till harvest then they grew it correctly so rather I will say to it's full potential. The prices out here for outdoor home grown will range from 25/30 an 8th, 50/60 per quarter. Ounces will sale for around 175 to 230. My outdoor easily moves for 40/50 8th, 80/100 a quarter and anywhere from 220 to 275 an ounce. My indoor value is the same as OD. However that's only to VERY few people I can count on both hands. Most of mine is wholesaled out. I don't like holding on to a lot weight, however I like to have enough to have around till the next harvest.

But back to the miracle grow thing, I use the tomato formula as well as cannabis specific nutrients.

I back off of it during flower and that is key. Use whatever you have to use to veg them and get them bushy and big as hell during veg... But when flowering comes along the whole feeding routine changes for me after the first week or two of flower and then is when it is important to start a more sophisticated feeding regiment with nutrients/organics appreciated by the flowers. It's almost like body building... You have to eat a lot of whatever you want as long as you are getting maximum carbs, proteins and fats. However when the bulking cycle is over, you have to be very clean, healthy and careful of what you eat to succeed with the cutting cycle to get your bodys goal to meet it's maximum potential aesthetically.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I've never used MG soil or ferts for cannabis but have great success using it with my tomatoes. Seems like there is a lot of mixed opinions when it comes to using MG when growing bud. My friend grew in his apartment using only MG and it turned out great in my opinion. I've heard others really bash it though.

Right now I'm using Happy Frog soil with mixed in Jobes Organic all pupose fertilizer 5-5-5 and perlite (about a gallon per 2 cuibic feet of soil.) I'm currently giving them Jacks classic blossom booster and Jobes organic every week.

-TheShortTexan-

This thread and MB's guerilla thread are both pure gold to me. Definitely gotta try that seaweed liquid. Already scoping out some outdoor spots for next year

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yes that's true WV... All these other Growers here around me and the newbies and og's included still till this day use the regular old miracle grow, from seed to harvest and all the way through flowering at that. That's why the majority of the weed around here is good but has this really really leafy smell and coughs you like a fuckin fire breathing dragon lol.

Not being conceited or bragging, but everyone around here thinks my bud comes from Colorado or California because my outdoor passes super easy for indoor and my indoor passes easily for what people around here call "dro" or "fire". It all comes down to knowing how to grow and keeping up with and seeking out top genetics and finding keepers.

Every grower around here wether it be commercial or closet growers, as bad as I hate to say it, have no clue whatsoever how to grow marijuana correctly. I guess I can't say correctly because if they are able to grow it till harvest then they grew it correctly so rather I will say to it's full potential. The prices out here for outdoor home grown will range from 25/30 an 8th, 50/60 per quarter. Ounces will sale for around 175 to 230. My outdoor easily moves for 40/50 8th, 80/100 a quarter and anywhere from 220 to 275 an ounce. My indoor value is the same as OD. However that's only to VERY few people I can count on both hands. Most of mine is wholesaled out. I don't like holding on to a lot weight, however I like to have enough to have around till the next harvest.

But back to the miracle grow thing, I use the tomato formula as well as cannabis specific nutrients as well.

I back off of it during flower and that is key. Use whatever you have to use to veg them and get them bushy and big as hell during veg... But when flowering comes along the whole feeding routine changes for me after the first week or two of flower and then is when it is important to start a more sophisticated feeding regiment with nutrients/organics appreciated by the flowers. It's almost like body building... You have to eat a lot of whatever you want as long as you are getting maximum carbs, proteins and fats. However when the bulking cycle is over, you have to be very clean, healthy and careful of what you eat to succeed with the cutting cycle to get your bodys goal to meet it's maximum potential aesthetically.

Well everything you say sounds so familiar. I guarantee your weed passes for the good WC stuff lol no doubt about that. I know I would've never been able to do/learn the things I did without OG & icmag primarlary. I think about of growers in our region don't like to study/learn like we have. Not a knock toward them but putting some soil in a bucket and whatever grows put the MG to it and go on. I think it's more of were true connineurs of growing and the craft of it all. These forums took me from a 400hps and straight shit weed and growing to a huge indoor grow with 12lites air cooled growing great herb. Without a lot of advice and seeing how others were doing things I would've never figured it out. Most my outdoor knowledge is from the older outdoor growers that was never on these forums. So I'm taking in all the stuff MB, Tycho, Hoypare, Cali , DW, pipeline and all these guys are doing and trying to store a lil from each and add to what I've always did ODs. I've always tried to take things I see and add to what I know and do. I'm older but I don't feel like I can get enough knowledge.

Yea I like the Guerilla underground thread, The many containers vs A few well maintained containers, I think Tychos thread. And there's a few more I like....the Cali and Oregon outdoor threads....might be DW and Cali's thread both are great. That Motherlodes thread. Lol hell there's a half page of threads I like but a couple I really like the info/maturity of the guys in these groups. I just hate getting into huge arguments when guys that don't have a clue try to start these facebook type arguments. But things aren't no were near what they were 7-10yrs ago....man I know some of you guys remember the shit throwing back in those days. Kinda one reason I went offline

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
That is actually a GREAT idea if you can get it to work lmao. But yes, those big 3.8 bales is what I do the shoulder presses, deadlifts etc with. And when I want an even better workout, I press the wet ones. Lol when they get wet they get extremely heavy almost double the weight. But I used to be a body builder/powerlifter so I guess my muscle memory allows it haha...

:tiphat:

I found a place with Promix 20min from my home. But I've already bought half a semi load of just organic from Walmart and it's a wrap this yr. I couldn't believe when I saw this store had bales of promix. I've kicked myself the last 2wks. I'd love to have knew this. Hell I've tracked soil 2hrd from Walmart and could've got some good stuff right down the road.

I was just thinking the other day I'd like to be able to get those bales up to this great guerilla patch I found. It's so straight up of a hike I'd probably need a wench to get it up the hill. Like I've said this 1 patch is a hike only/ there's no atv log road..,.pretty much a deer path. I'll prolly go ahead and stock up this fall on that promix so I got it next yr

I use a lot of MG soil, especially to start seedlings and things. I've got some slow release fert in every guerilla hole I've dug. But I think it's oscmates or something. I'll have to check the back but it's probably MG or Scott's stuff and it works fine. I don't mind MG as much outdoors but I'm indoor grower at heart and was/am picky with what I used indoor. But I'm just using the Alaskan naturals 4-5 different bottles right now along with my seaweed. I'm gonna order me a bottle of FF bloom and maybe some guano to bring my threw flowering. Ive got the soluble seaweed so it's like 0-0-17. But I really like the liquid maxicrop also for bloom/ flower....either one but the soluble has more K per the label. But these Alaskan ferts have done ok, everybody knows you gotta be careful with young plants burning and routinely flush out the salt.

Guys isn't that Miracle grow tomato stuff in the green bags ???

Latest posts

Latest posts