What's new

Anyone familiar with uncle festers skunk?

Drewsif

lots ran clones, we started in 81 with skunk clones from cali. Kept it going to 2004. It was weak and overcloned by the end, a slightly pale shadow of its former glory, but still it was the same genetics.

I thought skunk disappeared on purpose? Because skunkman didn't like skunk, and dank wasn't in demand back when everyone was asking for it?

You mean... It really could be the way it's grown? That's it I'm writing a book: Use It Or Lose It: The Cannabis growers guide to activating lost genetic information in the Cannabis plant.

Anyone have a sulfate-flavor correlation chart I can copy?

Vital

I thought skunk disappeared on purpose? Because skunkman didn't like skunk, and dank wasn't in demand back when everyone was asking for it?

You mean... It really could be the way it's grown? That's it I'm writing a book: Use It Or Lose It: The Cannabis growers guide to activating lost genetic information in the Cannabis plant.

Anyone have a sulfate-flavor correlation chart I can copy?

Skunk was getting people busted. That's why it disappeared. You could smell it a long way off. We didn't have carbon filters back then either.

ctg

Veteran
Hashmasta

Hashmasta

Ive got some of your xs going now. Will update as things progress
Thanks again

CarolinGuy

I originally popped 5 beans of the Uncle Fester's Skunk 18 BX1(Dragon Breath-Comacus X Uncle Fester's Skunk 18-Master Thai from 8th Avenue Genetics) Ended up with 3 females and have run them 3 times after cloning. I didn't find an RKS but the quality was on point. Super dense buds with a low leaf to bud ratio. Plants finished at 62 days with heavy yields. Ridiculously easy to trim. It's a favorite of anyone that's tried it and in demand. I didn't clone last run but am now popping 5 more beans to see what pops up. So far no regrets with this strain even if not finding the RKS. Hopefully I'll get a girl out of the 5 and some more great runs. I'll dig up some pics if anyone's interested.

ambertrichome

Veteran
He doesn't claim RKS in any of it.

Some of it does smell of Live Skunk Spray. It can smell like a skunk, just not what some may be looking for.
Probably the closest you may find to RKS is to go through as many packs of Corpse Flower as possible.

Its Old 1995 Sensi Super Skunk backcrossed to Sk18.

We found a keeper pheno in his Shiva Redux v1. 89 Sensi NL5 x Sk18, and is top shelf. Ive got a bunch more of his seeds, but have yet to start them. The Shiva v1 is more NL5, and is what I was looking for. Very very frosted
His cut if 95 Black Domina also won Best Indoor Indica at either 2017- 2018 Humboldt Cup. Bob Hemphill also uses this cut for his Black Lights.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I've got roadkill skunk genetics from the 81 skunk we got back then. What i had was actually a selfed seed in the 90s, and I crossed it to some stardawg stuff. Most seeds are mainly skunky :)

ctg

Veteran
Re: rks

Re: rks

I’ve grown xs from the nature farm and they aren’t skunky at all.
I can testify to hashmasta’s claim. I’m growing his and they are skunky. Some of the best skunks I’ve seen in a long long time. Thanks brother!
Love the stank here is a nice shot of hashmasta’s

Attachments

• 27C8C769-8ED6-4237-8CC5-70A4EA1CEC97.jpg
    27C8C769-8ED6-4237-8CC5-70A4EA1CEC97.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 26

Happy Times

Comacus

I originally popped 5 beans of the Uncle Fester's Skunk 18 BX1(Dragon Breath-Comacus X Uncle Fester's Skunk 18-Master Thai from 8th Avenue Genetics) It's a favorite of anyone that's tried it and in demand. I'll dig up some pics if anyone's interested.

CarolinaGuy I'm glad you found something you liked in the BX. I look forward to seeing a few pictures.

People are finding some nice things in the UFS18 crosses. No RKS yet but nice plants none the less.

I think the RKS pheno is in them. @cannavore hopefully when you get to the F2s you'll find a nice one!

CarolinGuy

Looks like some chunky tops there! Different seed phenos in the pic? The ones on the left look fatter and more stocky
Hey there Happy Times,yes,there are a few different strains in that 4x8. All of them from Mosca Pink line(Aside from the Fester)and I was really impressed with them for sure.This Raspberry Boogie is still one of my favorites.A bit messy in the room but harvest was fantastic.

CarolinGuy

CarolinaGuy I'm glad you found something you liked in the BX. I look forward to seeing a few pictures.

People are finding some nice things in the UFS18 crosses. No RKS yet but nice plants none the less.

I think the RKS pheno is in them. @cannavore hopefully when you get to the F2s you'll find a nice one!
Hey Comacus,heck yeah,loving the BX for sure.I probably should have kept a clone of what I had but I let it go as I had too much going on atm.I'll post my findings from these next 5 beans right here.Hopefully I find another keeper.RKS or not she is requested above almost everything else.

CarolinGuy

All 5 of the Fester seeds are popped and potted. One took 5 days to pop and I almost trashed it but it finally grew a tail so 5 for 5 looking good so far.

CarolinGuy

Here are the 5 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Uncle Fester's Skunk 18 BX1[/FONT] that popped. I'm just keeping them under fluorescent lighting until I'm ready to move them into the tent. Hoping for at least one girl and if so will cross with a male.

CarolinGuy

The 5 are still alive and well. Just got they're first feeding of Nectar the other day and are responding well. It will still be a week before I'm able to get them in the tent but looking good,even the runt has come around and spreading wings. No signs of sex yet but very close.Stay tuned,I will see this through! ;)

Cannavore

Veteran
A LOT of breeders have said OGs are Chem 91 S1s. It’s not bullshit if you believe it, and a lot of people think that’s where OGs come from.

The history of the Tahoe OG cut is known though.

I asked Nspecta about this awhile ago (not my place to drop their name so it gets blanked out);

"Chemdog Greg/Mass G is responsible for the Tahoe OG/Chemdog S1 story...no truth to it at all. Swerve ran with Greg's story and popularized the bullshit.

_______ is Greg's "Tahoe" buddy who is responsible for the Tahoe OG...It's just an OG Kush cut...no direct relation to Chemdog. ____ told me the whole story in person and the story has been substantiated by others in the circle."

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
"It's not bullshit if you believe it"

Dwell on the logic of that statement for a moment.. :D

They aren't the same really, it seems wack based on what the weeds are. Chem 91S1s are not that similar to the purest og kushes over the years ive seen at all. Not the same terps by far, or effect, or bud style. I grew a few chem 91s1s, nothing resembles og out of those I saw.