What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone familiar with uncle festers skunk?

D3pthCharg3

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

I found nothing even in the ball park of skunk terps in TNF's 2nd skunk18 release, which supposedly zeroed in on the skunk pheno. So either he just really sucks at selecting males and I got unlucky and all my phenos out of 6 females went towards his poorly selected fruity male selections, or he just made the whole thing up.

Matt Riot calls him The Nature Fraud. After growing them out, I have to agree. I found nothing matching what he described in those detailed notes. No live skunk, no onion, no burnt rubber, no horseradish, no cheese, no chemical make your eyes water skunk spray. Just fruity, musky, a little sour, pine, and some candy notes.

In other words... a total con job on the community. :moon:

Buyers beware!

:tiphat:

EvilCartman

I found nothing even in the ball park of skunk terps in TNF's 2nd skunk18 release, which supposedly zeroed in on the skunk pheno. So either he just really sucks at selecting males and I got unlucky and all my phenos out of 6 females went towards his poorly selected fruity male selections, or he just made the whole thing up.

Matt Riot calls him The Nature Fraud. After growing them out, I have to agree. I found nothing matching what he described in those detailed notes. No live skunk, no onion, no burnt rubber, no horseradish, no cheese, no chemical make your eyes water skunk spray. Just fruity, musky, a little sour, pine, and some candy notes.

In other words... a total con job on the community. :moon:

Buyers beware!

:tiphat:

Interesting.

I purchased and grew out one pack of their 18 OP and got nothing resembling fruity or piney. Only 4 females, but all 4 were rank, acrid expressions leaning toward rubber, burnt rubber and onion.

No RKS, but really loud and rank. I don't know what release these were from, though.
About to soak a pack of the Red-Eye Skunk to take a look at.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
If you look back, you’ll see that many have exposed him.

Great collection of heirloom clones.
But no RKS.
And its not from the 60’s.

D3pthCharg3

I am currently harvesting the 4 females I have from TNF's first release. First and foremost, at the moment, none are "skunky'. However, 2 of the 4 have an amazing zesty skunkiness raw oniony thing going on. All four are frosty af. All are decent plants. Depending on the dried and cured final product, 2 of them have keeper potential...but not as "road killl skunks".

Thought about perhaps looking into this, but after the read I'm not sure if I want to even bother. I had to kill off all of the Kung POW I had grown once I realized it was nothing more than a inbred kush type

Scrappy-doo

The line itself has some good plants in it. Ridiculously fast finishing for me on a 11/13 light cycle, we're talking 8 weeks avg, some even less. Frosty too with some nice terps on 4/6 with the other 2 being very low odor. Structurally heavy indica with the strongest branching I've ever seen. I bet they could handle some massive weight. They're leafy, but aside from that there's some good qualities in there that could be worth digging through. My issue is with presenting them as something they are not. Can't blame the genetics, only the seed maker. I left a comment in one of his IG posts. No reply. I'm done.

Americangrower

Veteran
Well having used a plastic vinyl chemical smelling male to make seeds, I can clearly see that fruity notes came through in the offspring. Not what I was expecting, I should have used the stocky onion male. I didn't because I was trying to get the clone moms to shine in the crosses. Oh well. At least they were good strong smoke.

I only got 1 fem and 9 males, don't really know how the fem is since I chopped and fresh froze whole plant. She is still in the freezer only been like a year LOL

D3pthCharg3

Well having used a plastic vinyl chemical smelling male to make seeds, I can clearly see that fruity notes came through in the offspring. Not what I was expecting, I should have used the stocky onion male. I didn't because I was trying to get the clone moms to shine in the crosses. Oh well. At least they were good strong smoke.

I only got 1 fem and 9 males, don't really know how the fem is since I chopped and fresh froze whole plant. She is still in the freezer only been like a year LOL

thanks for this tid-bit of info...I luckily went the other direction, selecting for the onion/garlic side of things....with no fruity offspring thus far, except one plant: an extreme lemony hazey example that I assumed was brought from the mama...

Americangrower

Veteran
thanks for this tid-bit of info...I luckily went the other direction, selecting for the onion/garlic side of things....with no fruity offspring thus far, except one plant: an extreme lemony hazey example that I assumed was brought from the mama...

I was going to use the indica sided onion garlic male but thought it would over power the clones and make everything smell and taste like stardawg.

Plus the vinyl/rubber 1 had nice frost.

sdd420

Veteran

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Chem La pew

I realize nature farm gets a lot of flack for his skunk18, but really shouldn't the main focus be on master Thai? seems like nature farm just took his word for it , which in this game is all we got sometimes. and also he said, as many know, he found like 2 or so true skunks in his 200 op run. really with alot of cultivars if you pop enough you will probably find some true skunk, I know akbean brains has found it in in mtf as well as a few others. so really its just about finding something possibly less worked and just pop enough seeds and you will find it. mainly afghan's and Pakistans but deff heard it pops up in Mexicans too, and I'm sure others.

Scrappy-doo

The problem is, he ran the gear so he knows what's in it. Can't blame it on Master Thai at this point.

Hyped the 2nd release to have more skunk phenos, which I ran and found zero. Now with the 3rd release upcoming he claims to have the skunk pheno 'locked in'. In not one of his description of phenos do I recall ever reading anything about 'fruity' terps which is all I found running 6 females. Explain that one.

And he's also hyping his 'corpse flower' which he absolutely does claim to have true rks phenos in it. I have a pack of those and 2 packs from the first skunk18 release which I doubt I'll ever run. I'm done believing anything that dude says. Total scammer imo.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day SD

I explained SK 18.2 was what Nevil was working with in Holland late eighties .
RKS was pre Holland .

Anything from the 90s that people rave about is most likely Super Skunk not RKS .
Super Skunk is Afghan x Skunk and was Nevil`s attempt to put the Skunk back into SK #1 . It was Sensi Seeds best seller in that era .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
8th Ave Genetics 'Bean Holder Haze 4 x Mango) x Master Thai Uncle Fester Skunk #18' Popping a couple of these freebies. I thought the Master Thai was the strain not the breeder but oh well.

So the consensus was this Skunk is not skunky? I could care less about that just the buzz matters. I had Skunk back in '86 or so. Great clear high but to me was more like pine than skunk. Not sure why anyone would want that smell or taste pf skunk.

Latest posts

Latest posts