What's new

anybody but me think that most cannabis isnt all that much differant??

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are hundreds of strains and all are different to varying degrees. anyone who has grown and smoked dozens of strains knows this. right now i have ten strains on hand i switch every few days to avoid building tolerances to distinct cannabinoid profiles. put simply the thread starter is new to cannabis or at least has not grown out a few different strains anyone who has knows there unique.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
yea from what i can see, this guy couldnt know less about weed if he tried! lol

yet all us good people are expending the effort to correct someone who has obviously ignored reality before.

people say some funny stuff one guy said there was no difference in high between brick weed and the best. its simply ignorance some people just dont know any better.

C

cork144

don, id suggest try growing your own, drying and curing properly, then you WILL notice the differences in the bud.

T

TheMintMan

lost at sea said:
this above makes you look like you dont know shit at all. you dont use u.v lights to grow with, it isnt lacking in hydro grows, or any others! and sterile mediums causing sterile highs !??! your experience? or your crazy opinion? i dont like hydro but it is 95% the same as growing any other way.

Actually this is a legitimate issue. One may not grow with a "UV light" per se, but UV does have an effect on THC production. Perhaps the problem dontae100 was talking about is when virtually all UV is blocked out by the tempered glass heat shield when growing indoors. This may not have a night-and-day effect, but it's enough for me to notice a difference in potency between my outdoor and indoor plants.

And as far as hydro being 95% the same as any other way? That's way off to me. There are so many little nuances that are completely different. I suppose they're similar in that the basics of how nutrients are absorbed by the plants is the same...but that's about it.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
themintman-

studies a couple of years ago proved that THC was evolved by high altitude sativas in order to block harmfull u.v's, but not very much of the u.vs' are absorbed into glass shields, the guys that make those lights know how important u.v's are, its been well known for a while. i have found my indoor grown bud to be easily twice as strong as my outdoor bud so i dont agree on that at all.

i would say that in terms of nutritional requirements they are probably 90-95% the same. the 5-10% imo covers the differences in structure/high and taste. many of the observable differences are only structural which is mostly irrelevent, im talking bout taste and high.

T

TheMintMan

themintman-

studies a couple of years ago proved that THC was evolved by high altitude sativas in order to block harmfull u.v's, but not very much of the u.vs' are absorbed into glass shields, the guys that make those lights know how important u.v's are. i have found my indoor grown bud to be easily twice as strong as my outdoor.

i would say that in terms of nutritional requirements they are probably 95% the same. the 5% imo covers the differences in structure/high and taste.

Glass blocks out 95% of UV rays...I'd say that's pretty substantial. Reason you can't keep a chameleon cage in front of a window unless it's open or it's got a UV bulb on it.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
not all glass, the guys that produce many of the air cooled lights use special glass designed to absorb very little u.v. i dont use, or need to use, air cooled lights, so its basically irrelevent for me and most other indoor growers.

T

TheMintMan

Sounds like hydro-store BS to me. Glass blocks out 95% UV in every situation I've been in. I've seen my buddy use his tester hundreds of times to prove this to several skeptical members of our local reptile community. Show me some data that supports what you're saying.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i had a pamphlet with loads of spectrum info on it with my only air cooled light ,it said that the unit was designed to remove less than 40% odd of u.v's. ive been on that companies site but they dont have any info on there bout it as usual, maybe it was bull but they still claimed it. i have a friend soley on air cooled and i can tell no difference between him using air cooled and me not, ima see what he thinks bout it, but im sure now that many of the glass screens are just normal glass and do remove alot of the u.v, so dont use air cooled bulbs if your worried bout it.

T

TheMintMan

i had a pamphlet with loads of spectrum info on it with my only air cooled light ,it said that the unit was designed to remove less than 40% odd of u.v's. ive been on that companies site but they dont have any info on there bout it as usual, maybe it was bull but they still claimed it. i have a friend soley on air cooled and i can tell no difference between him using air cooled and me not,

It's a minute difference, but it's there. :smoke:

lost in a sea said:
but im sure now that many of the glass screens do remove alot of the u.v, so dont use air cooled bulbs if your worried bout it.

Not enough of a difference for me to ditch my shield...at least until I seal up my room and get an AC going. Just thought it was worth mentioning. It's not as big a deal in the plant world...but in the animal world some of our little buddies need more UV than they get sitting behind glass, and it can be seriously detrimental to their health. One of those things where you may not notice the effect it's having until it's too late. :noway:

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I think what's happening is like what happened to wine after wine spectator came out and started rating wines. All of a sudden people are trying to make a california wine.

People are breeding towards a similar direction. Much Like with music (like right now with the auto-tune t-pain thing). People are chasing trends. Trying to make a diesel or a kush or a berry, which have all been popular at one time. So that's what you see lots of.

The best thing to do is be a trend setter. Get out there ahead of the curve, lock yourself in a lab, forget about trying to make something for the public. Do it because it's a true expression of your soul and the rest will follow.

I had never tasted anything like the p.k (pure kush or pakistani kush) not sure what the letters stand for, when I first tasted it. I think though that the headband, og kush, and sour diesel taste super similar. I can taste the difference though, and i think that's because my palette is refined and I use my volcano.

I have some Crown Royal right now from federation seeds and this tastes amazing. Unlike anything i'd ever tasted before. The bubble jack tastes amazing as well. I've got some blue satellite 2.2 that tastes crazy as well. Kali Mist is insane.

This condensending moronish talk from killa dud and south paw about dealers renameing the erb i smoke , are you really this dumb..? read what i wrote....how does one travel to many states and over seas and still manage to buy erb from the same dealer? do u guys read all the post before u reply or sort of just make shit up in your head? ""well u should try growing'' you should try asking if ive grown already and how many times at that-as it forever goes of topic and back to your imagination or aroma, and smell, and color and cure and method of growth, or if it gave u red eyes, or brain fog, or if i put myself on a mono erb diet and try to distill its effects on oneself after two weeks of just what the strain does to me(not completely wrong) but totally peronal and biased, or if it numbed my body but i could still think,which i doubt alot of you can anymore, i really think you guys act as if your souls are erb or something, everyones body is differant the erb much more similar to each other then any body wants to admit- its all in your head largely-im sorry to tell you that you can probally count the geniuine strains with your fingers, maybe killa and lost in a sea are polydactly and needs special accounting for,,and for this ok ill give him and all you other guys in the poly possee twelve strains....twelve unique highs, twelveish unique geniune strains of ganja- twelve is alot, were lucky to have twelve-but 300 is a joke and next year 400 will be a bigger joke ad infitnitum- i will say this though, cali and hawaii are the only places were the erbs impressed me-there is alot of people who think there smoking unreal stuff because they pay alot for it-and usually what im shown just falls short time after time compared to my experiences in asforesaid cal n hi- :dueling:and from what it seems my experiences fall short of all you cali guys with your 300+ experiences of beautiful unique completly differant weeds- you should feel good about that :moon:...but be able to sober up from time to time and understand hype and marketing, ill be in the future growing the latest brand new second hand erb and loving it, the only differance is that ill realize name is not of what it is-and some of you wont-

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i am no where near kali! or even america!

try the u.k.

i have never tried most stuff to come out of the states, so i rekn just outside of america there is 300+ strains.

if you understood how breeding works you wouldnt say alot of what you have.

KarMic

dontae, I might humor the idea of the limited amount of highs you can get from different strains...but I won't say a number as I've never tried every single strain in the world. Btw, that's a pretty bold stament for you to say there are only 12 strains.

I can't, however, let you say that the plant itself is limited in qualities...I've seen so many variations in, as mentioned before, growth speed, growth patterns, vigor, heat/mold/pest/disease resistance, heavy/light feeders, how they react to stress and light demands. Futher breeding is absoulutely necesary to obtain a more perfect plant, or better yet, a plant that better adapts to the needs of the grower.

I believe that the cannabis population is as varied as any other plant/animal species on earth.

brettweir

Some people get "into" weed...like people get "into" wine or beer. They're like "weed gear heads"...can talk endlessly about minor shit. I'm like you...for now anyway...I just like to get high...I don't care so much about the details.

This is the truth right here! :joint: I like looking at all the characteristics of certain strains as well as growing them, but the effect you get from being high is practically the same. Body stone or head stone, that's pretty much it. It's the journey to getting that high where the differences are!

D

davzap

UV#B

UV#B

I am something of a UV#B missionary. I have Googled UV and MJ relationship and read Jorge Cervantes book's reference on UV#B, and asked a research
chemist, (who also knows biology), and my own test of before/after UV#B.
In a nutshell - sun contains UV, most grow lights do not. Normal glass does filter UV, non-UV glass is expensive special order item. THC is in the floral bract of the trichomes, which production gets catalyzed by UV#B. UV#B pot gets you more/better stoned than without. Simple as that. Your gipping yourself out of max-stone without UV#B. I read it and tried it and now own two types of UV#B lamps. Best Wishes for your max stone.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
my experiences in asforesaid cal n hi- :dueling:and from what it seems my experiences fall short of all you cali guys with your 300+ experiences of beautiful unique completly differant weeds- you should feel good about that :moon:...but be able to sober up from time to time and understand hype and marketing

It's plainly obvious that you have as much chance of being able to tell the subtle differences in Cannabis as I do with wine. I've had cheap wine and expensive wine and it all tastes like shit to me. I can barely tell the difference between a fruit wine and a chardonnay.

I can definitely tell distinct differences in the high between any strains. If you can't, even with your own grown, give it up and be satisfied with the knowledge that Cannabis is not your cup of tea.

T

TheMintMan

I am something of a UV#B missionary. I have Googled UV and MJ relationship and read Jorge Cervantes book's reference on UV#B, and asked a research
chemist, (who also knows biology), and my own test of before/after UV#B.
In a nutshell - sun contains UV, most grow lights do not. Normal glass does filter UV, non-UV glass is expensive special order item. THC is in the floral bract of the trichomes, which production gets catalyzed by UV#B. UV#B pot gets you more/better stoned than without. Simple as that. Your gipping yourself out of max-stone without UV#B. I read it and tried it and now own two types of UV#B lamps. Best Wishes for your max stone.

Good to get some info on this. :yes:

Do you have any links to studies supporting this? Other than Jorge Cervantes...no offense or anything...but ya know.....:rolleyes:

southpaw

It's plainly obvious that you have as much chance of being able to tell the subtle differences in Cannabis as I do with wine. I've had cheap wine and expensive wine and it all tastes like shit to me. I can barely tell the difference between a fruit wine and a chardonnay.

I can definitely tell distinct differences in the high between any strains. If you can't, even with your own grown, give it up and be satisfied with the knowledge that Cannabis is not your cup of tea.

Was reading through a thread in the legislation forum earlier, and hey, we all enjoy and appreciate weed on different levels, and I mean different in a good way, not to pass judgement. At the end of the day, I'm not going to beef with anyone who just likes to get high because shit, so do I. I'm this way especially with beer, a pack of anything that gets me buzzed will make me happy, and I probably can't name more than 20 beers off the top of my head. With weed on the other hand, I have learned and keep learning all the time to appreciate all the subtle things to enjoy aside from being ripped.

If weed boiled down to 12 "types" only, everyone would be a breeder. Yes there are some overpriced/ hyped seeds out there, but being annoyed by this fact is no reason to undervalue the genetic diversity of the plant. It's massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts