What's new

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

Alpha Phase

Thanks whiteberries, once I got the ec strength figured out she exploded! Can't wait to flower and get some dankness! Your buds are lookin primo man :cool: How do you use your +size? I got some of that too, just curious when to use it and how much? 1gram per gallon around week 3 or something?

ICbuds

Veteran
GG4 is at the top my list, low feeder 1.3 EC HD from week 1-6 +SIZE week 3-6 @ 1 gram per gal
picture.php

RicoT

You're gonna love the Tangilope Alpha!
I only grew one and it's some super citrusy orange tangy shit!

When I get a lil $ I'm thinking of ordering the HD. Tap around 200-250ppm and very alkaline. Anyone running a similar water source?

Alpha Phase

tmp_7414-20141116_142208-149898546.jpg

tmp_7414-20141116_1422361874514167.jpg

tmp_7414-20141116_142249-276222604.jpg

tmp_7414-20141116_142256417831686.jpg Awesome ricoT, can't wait to try it! That gorilla glue looks dank af icbuds!! Damn! So +size weeks 3-6, got it thanks for the tip. My veg plants are exploding, seems I've shaved off a week or more of Veg time, these are at 11 days from rooted clone

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never had any deficiencies with V+B until I switched to Hi-Intensity LED panels, which apparently cause the plants to consume mass quantities of CaMg

I have slowly ratcheted up to now 400ppm of Epsom Salt before mixing V+B

Is there a better source to feed our girls?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
epsom is just magnesium Pet , are they showing just a mag def or are there rusty spots like a cal def also ? if so i'd say get some decent calmag . techniflora MagiCal is pretty good plus it has some iron for the fast growth of putting them in under stronger lights .

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I mixed up a batch for my veg tent started at .4 EC I used some ro I had in a rez with my tap. Then I mixed to 590 ppm which was 1.1 EC using the HD.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
epsom is just magnesium Pet , are they showing just a mag def or are there rusty spots like a cal def also ? if so i'd say get some decent calmag . techniflora MagiCal is pretty good plus it has some iron for the fast growth of putting them in under stronger lights .

Thanks DB!

Only issues were red stems/veins- no rust spots

Going away now

New growth looks healthy

Alpha Phase

Thanks DB!

Only issues were red stems/veins- no rust spots

Going away now

New growth looks healthy

Hey pet flora, did your purple stems look like this? I have one strain that just got this and been wondering for a couple days what the problem is. Mag deficiency would make sense, I have magi-cal should I just add 100ppm or so? I'm using ro formula with 100ppm tap water. Thanks tmp_23139-20141118_004729171436917.jpg

tmp_23139-20141118_004722-854256149.jpg

tmp_23139-20141118_0047091362160142.jpg

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what strength you feeding them alpha ? rives & I noticed with the V&B RO formula , that if your feeding a touch to low that some weird defs show up .... with me it was a Mag def .
just thinking this might be part of you guys problem , cuz the V&B , especially the RO formula has quite a bit of calmag in the mix .

Alpha Phase

Thanks for the tips dansbuds, I was feeding at .9 ec and worked up to 1.3ec over 2 weeks, then I noticed some minor leaf tip curl (Too much N I think) so I lowered it to 1.1ec and just added 100ppm of calmag when I saw the purple stems on my sour power biker plant. everything else is looking great though. Any help would be great, I just added the 100ppm (.7 conversion) of calmagic today and they have only had one flood (ebb n flow) since I've added it. If it's not a mag problem do you think adding this extra calmag will be a problem? My tap water is 80-120ppm (.7 scale) so I figured RO v+b would be best? All in all most of the plants look great, just one strain with the purple stems

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
for a plant that size i feed around 1.0 EC .... not untill i put them in flower do i go over that amount . that one feed of calmag won't hurt anything , as long as its just the one feed . if you kept up on it , it might start showing an overload of calcium .

the ro formula is good for that EC water , so thats on the right track , kinda surprised that with the V&B & tap with that EC that you'd even show a Mag def , cuz theres plenty in both . you sure it isn't just a trait of the plant ?

lookin at the pics again , the 3 blade fans have me thinking its an overdose of food or the PH is outa whack . keep the feeds at 1.0 EC & PH of 5.8 . then give it a few days & see if it starts showing better growth .

Alpha Phase

for a plant that size i feed around 1.0 EC .... not untill i put them in flower do i go over that amount . that one feed of calmag won't hurt anything , as long as its just the one feed . if you kept up on it , it might start showing an overload of calcium .

the ro formula is good for that EC water , so thats on the right track , kinda surprised that with the V&B & tap with that EC that you'd even show a Mag def , cuz theres plenty in both . you sure it isn't just a trait of the plant ?

lookin at the pics again , the 3 blade fans have me thinking its an overdose of food or the PH is outa whack . keep the feeds at 1.0 EC & PH of 5.8 . then give it a few days & see if it starts showing better growth .

Thanks dansbuds, I started at .9 but they were a little light on color so I gradually raised ec over a couple weeks. I usually don't worry much about purple stems since it usually doesn't cause problems, but it is a new strain for me and not sure if the traits are purple, though they could be since it's just this one particular strain showing this. PH stays at 5.8 though I did drop pH to 5.6 for one day. The leaves are definitely wierd! It's finally growing out of the 3 finger leaves and growing 5 finger leaves now. I'm stumped but will watch them closely. All in all it seems very healthy and strong and roots are big and happy, theat are a little bigger than they look, about 12" or so. I got the ec down a little and will see what happens
tmp_13393-20141118_154926171436917.jpg

tmp_13393-20141118_154902-854256149.jpg

Alpha Phase

OK, I think I was thinking something was wrong for no reason because after reading a little a lot of people say thier sour diesel and some kushs throw the 3 blade leaves, I know my Larry og did this a lot, and this strain has sour diesel ibl in it and also kush. Also I've topped it a few times and the stress seems to cause the 3 finger leaves also. But all looks fine other than the purple stem and I'm guessing that's just genetic since nothing else has the problem and they all have the same ec of nutes. :) false alarm lol

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, I think I was thinking something was wrong for no reason because after reading a little a lot of people say thier sour diesel and some kushs throw the 3 blade leaves, I know my Larry og did this a lot, and this strain has sour diesel ibl in it and also kush. Also I've topped it a few times and the stress seems to cause the 3 finger leaves also. But all looks fine other than the purple stem and I'm guessing that's just genetic since nothing else has the problem and they all have the same ec of nutes. :) false alarm lol

yeah i'd say it was the stress more than the feeds if everything else is doing great . some plants can take the stress & run with it .... some can't . the sour bubbles halt for a week after topping them .

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alpha, my stems and veins were purplish vivid red

The hi-intensity Solar Spec LEDs apparently causes the plants to consume mass quantities of Mg

All new growth is as it should be, and some of the red is reversing:woohoo:

You might see it if you double click on the pic

View attachment 292846

Alpha Phase

Good to know pet flora, I can see it, that was pretty red. Glad the calmag fixed it up, mine are doing fine now after I lowered the ec and added the calmag, I've heard of some strains being heavy feeders of Cal during flowering, so adding a little extra here or there should help. 3/4 of my strains were fine but the sour power must have needed a bit more, since the feeding they are back on track :)