What's new

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

Alpha Phase

Wow, I finally made it through this whole thread :p I just got some veg+bloom RO and started using it yesterday for the first time. I use tap water which is 80-120ppm so I figured the RO version would be best since my water isn't THAT hard.

I run DWC buckets and Ebb N Grow Buckets.

I see a majority of this thread is about coco or rockwool.

Any DWC and Ebb Bucket users here that could give me any info, starting ec for newly rooted clones, a good veg EC and a good flowering EC? Should I just use the feeding schedule from the website?

I will be growing 6 purple paralysis in 2 gallon ebb n grow buckets.
2 sour power biker in dwc
2 24k white gold in dwc
and 2 tangilope in dwc.

Even though it's only been a day of using VB, I am already liking the simplicity. It was quick and easy to mix my water and it did dissolve just fine with a wooden spoon. I mix one direction causing a whirlpool, then I switch and go the opposite way and it causes it all to mix rather fast.

My ppm for my first mix is sitting around 630ppm (.7 conversion) or .9ish EC.

When I mix the nutes I don't get a significant PH drop, (my tap water is 7ph) and I mixed a little over 1tsp for about 2.5 gallons of water. I use a little GH pH down to 5.2 and left it drift to 6.2, then i set it at 5.8 after a couple of days and it stays put for the most part.

Anyways, any tips for DWC and ebb N grow buckets using the V+B I'd appreciate.

I also got a sample of +size that I would like to try out in flower.

Thanks for any input.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Early veg ~ 200ppm

Mid veg- ~ 400ppm

to initiate flower (without changing light schedule) ~ 500ppm

The extra PK seems to trigger the plants flowering dna.

Depending on plant size, you can either cut back ~ 400ppm to keep vegging, or push forward towards flower

Full on flower I only use ~ 1000ppm for 7-10 days, then taper down, ala the HR Feed Schedule

Don't forget you +Size

Alpha Phase

Early veg ~ 200ppm

Mid veg- ~ 400ppm

to initiate flower (without changing light schedule) ~ 500ppm

The extra PK seems to trigger the plants flowering dna.

Depending on plant size, you can either cut back ~ 400ppm to keep vegging, or push forward towards flower

Full on flower I only use ~ 1000ppm for 7-10 days, then taper down, ala the HR Feed Schedule

Don't forget you +Size

Thanks flora, is that .5 conversion? I have them all hovering around 650, between .9 and 1.1, is this ok? I see a little tip burn but i can't remember if it was already there or not :p

I just set up all my clones into the ebb n grow system and DWC buckets, so i just don't want to screw it up with the new nutes. I only added some silica blast and ph down with it. 2tbsp gave me 630ppm in my 15 gallon res, that seems pretty good, equals out to 6tsp so i didn't really use all that much, i already like this stuff :)

jayjayfrank

Veteran
i have noticed that with narrow leaf sativa leaning genetics higher EC can cause the tips of leafs to get slightly burnt where the wide leaf stuff takes the higher levels better.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats pretty much true with any nutrient JJF , indicas are hogs where sativas are light feeders .

Alpha Phase

After a few days using the v+b I realized I was feeding too low. For veg I need at least 1.2 EC. I started at 1.0ec and all four strains got purple stems. So I upped the dose and all 4 strains are recovering. I'm guessing it was a combo of N and P deficency, since the purple on the stems was pretty hard core.

Has anyone use v+b to run multiple strains using the same reservoir? I have 6 individual dwc buckets with 3 strains and i am running a ebb n grow system with one strain. Since they are all using the same strength nutes for veg and all of them suffered the same deficiency, I'm assuming they all react to nutrients the same.. So i'm thinking of putting them all into the ebb n grow system to save time of mixing separate buckets of nutes. Only thing I'm not sure of is their flowering nutrient needs..

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Vegbloom, I like it! :good:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Wow, I finally made it through this whole thread :p I just got some veg+bloom RO and started using it yesterday for the first time. I use tap water which is 80-120ppm so I figured the RO version would be best since my water isn't THAT hard.

I run DWC buckets and Ebb N Grow Buckets.

I see a majority of this thread is about coco or rockwool.

Any DWC and Ebb Bucket users here that could give me any info, starting ec for newly rooted clones, a good veg EC and a good flowering EC? Should I just use the feeding schedule from the website?

I will be growing 6 purple paralysis in 2 gallon ebb n grow buckets.
2 sour power biker in dwc
2 24k white gold in dwc
and 2 tangilope in dwc.

Even though it's only been a day of using VB, I am already liking the simplicity. It was quick and easy to mix my water and it did dissolve just fine with a wooden spoon. I mix one direction causing a whirlpool, then I switch and go the opposite way and it causes it all to mix rather fast.

My ppm for my first mix is sitting around 630ppm (.7 conversion) or .9ish EC.

When I mix the nutes I don't get a significant PH drop, (my tap water is 7ph) and I mixed a little over 1tsp for about 2.5 gallons of water. I use a little GH pH down to 5.2 and left it drift to 6.2, then i set it at 5.8 after a couple of days and it stays put for the most part.

Anyways, any tips for DWC and ebb N grow buckets using the V+B I'd appreciate.

I also got a sample of +size that I would like to try out in flower.

Thanks for any input.

K+ if you went through this whole thing :laughing: 15 pics sold me. I don't do meters. meh.

Edit: Did have to chop one down that got the full dose and popped balls right when I threw her in, now I know. :laughing:

Alpha Phase

Lol, it took me DAYS to read it, i was trying to find answers to some questions of v+b in hydro so i didn't ask a question that was answered already :cool: I think i got enough info to rock some coco out though and i've never used coco before :p

slowandeasy

Veteran
Started week 7 in my RO vs Dirty experiment. The RO version is now bulking up more than the Dirty and the bud structure is different. Looks like the Dirty might have a little more N or something. The dirty has slowed down on bulking up, but the RO is stacking more. I decreased the strength to 1.0, to cut back on N, hopefully. I will report in a week.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Coco's a nice medium ground between soil and DWC. Doesn't have to be so spot-on with everything. Since you're used to DWC buckets coco buckets will be a cake-walk. Keep reading up though some DWC V+B...oh man.

Pix or it didn't happen S&E :biggrin:

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just purchased the +size and +life a sample of each formula and a water test kit. My tap runs 385 ppm, so I wasnt sure which to choose. Plus I run different mediums.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just purchased the +size and +life a sample of each formula and a water test kit. My tap runs 385 ppm, so I wasnt sure which to choose. Plus I run different mediums.

Wow, that's some nasty tap

Municipalities use cheapest alkalizing products, which could well contain lots of things you don't want to feed your plants

That's also a lot for a typical RO to reject. Aquathin makes one with a booster pump, which not only improves rejection but increases water production

If interested I can hook you up

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, that's some nasty tap

Municipalities use cheapest alkalizing products, which could well contain lots of things you don't want to feed your plants

That's also a lot for a typical RO to reject. Aquathin makes one with a booster pump, which not only improves rejection but increases water production

If interested I can hook you up

My waste is killing me. My sump pump is always running.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My waste is killing me. My sump pump is always running.

that Sux !!!

use the hardwater formula with your tap , if ya use the RO formula , make sure you have some calmag on hand just in case , water that hard is probably mostly sodium .

DeoXy

I think you will be happy with the +size and +life.. I'm currently using both with the v+b dirty in 160ppm tap water.. plants are in coco/compost/perlite mix & are loving it start to near finish @ 8weeks.. no complaints at all! :biggrin:

Last edited: