What's new

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

Desert Hydro

Veteran
my temps were good and one of my tsi flys turned a tiny bit purple too, not quite as much as your plant did above though. i made a few big mistakes this run which hurt my finish but oh well. you live and you learn. im rededicating mysellf to my grow and setting aside more time to do it legit like i should have been doing all along. no more laziness lol. switched everything up back to my hydro roots so i should be going big pretty soon. i ordered two cheap 90w LED's to flower out some seed run genetics to test their worth. if they can impress me off 180w of LED then i know they are worth keeping lol. strains are pot of gold, jackberry, and chemmy jones. i also have a purple cross but i fear it may be a male. too soon to tell just yet. nutes are veg + bloom and drip clean. thats it. KISS FTW

the genetics test is being done in a system i made today. its a simple drip irrigation system that can be run either DTW or recirculating. i will be running DTW at first until they are rooted into the growstones and then i will feed more often and recirculate.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 8

Desert Hydro

Veteran
some of the finished up tsi fly. there are 2 phenos in there. you can see the orange haired apricot pheno and then the sour fruit pheno that has the bluish hues.

shit is stacking up on the vscrog. i did it shitty as hell, just zip tied my moms in there and flipped em to flo. they strecthed like hell which i knew they would. the scrog is more for support but if i did it right and went vert bare bulb it would kill my GPW record for sure. looks promising to say the least.

i was hesitant about the veg + bloom at first but im glad i stuck with it. works great and its really easy to run. i havent dumped my res once lol. i let it get low then top off with fresh water and then bring back up to the right EC. i am not suggesting this AT ALL for anyone other than DTW drip. it would be foolish to do otherwise. been running 1.8 ec the whole time. lately ive been doing 1.6 and then adding powdered big bud until i hit 1.8. not because i need it but because i have had it sitting around unused for a long ass time. i figured i would get rid of it somehow lol. i love this shit. i dont think i will ever have a reason to switch. thanks to everyone on this thread for leading me to pull the trigger on it!!

Attachments

• IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 12

ICbuds

Veteran
It does work well. I read on another thread to use Hydroplex with VB as a supplement. This time it's looking delicious.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Desert Hydro

Veteran
looks like you threw powdered sugar in the back of a fan and blew it all over your plants. i know your secret now!

K

kabamaru

^^
Hi
beautiful herb the photos look incredible !
Do you mind sharing your way of using hydroplex with v&b?
ie do you use it after you take the EC of v&b down ? is it used with every feeding? or is it used like a p/k in specific days of bloom?
total noob here, excuse for ignorance, trying to learn as much as i can.
thank you

slowandeasy

Veteran
What EC is everyone Vegging with? I have a few clones on 1.0EC and they are doing well, in canna coco. Anyone doing DWC with V+B? Thinking about doing a side by side.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i run 1.8 for EVERYTHING lol. clones, veg, flower. all but seedlings obviously. in coco i was getting defs if i ran it less than 1.5 and they seem to like the 1.8 even under my t5's so it just makes it easier to run all off the same res.

not quite in DWC but i just set this system up last night. gonna rock the shit out of some hydro with veg + bloom!!

these are all mosca's tsi fly that i vegged in hydro solo cups under t5's for a couple weeks. they are all pretty even for the most part. i had one runt i didnt plant. im waiting on an air layered tree branch off my mother to fill the hole lol. thats the biggest clone ever. its like 2 feet tall and huge. gonna go straight in to catch up as soon as it roots in a few more days.

Attachments

• IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 9

slowandeasy

Veteran
i run 1.8 for EVERYTHING lol. clones, veg, flower. all but seedlings obviously. in coco i was getting defs if i ran it less than 1.5 and they seem to like the 1.8 even under my t5's so it just makes it easier to run all off the same res.

not quite in DWC but i just set this system up last night. gonna rock the shit out of some hydro with veg + bloom!!

these are all mosca's tsi fly that i vegged in hydro solo cups under t5's for a couple weeks. they are all pretty even for the most part. i had one runt i didnt plant. im waiting on an air layered tree branch off my mother to fill the hole lol. thats the biggest clone ever. its like 2 feet tall and huge. gonna go straight in to catch up as soon as it roots in a few more days.

Do you use RO water?

tngreen

Veteran
looking dank guys cant wait to see how v+b does in flower. Been running it now almost a month and am hooked. So simple its crazy! Can't believe what I used to mix every week for worse results. Only changed the rez once so far and mainly for my paranoia. Doing very well after a couple cycles of topping off rez and adding proportional amount of v+b. Need to get an EC meter, just been measuring and have been using .25tsp/gal per their instructions. I'm in coco and noticed I need to go stronger or add a little calmag. Cloning next weekend and then we will have flower in sight.

Interested in hydroplex input as well like how much and when, have been recommended that a couple times now so have to try it.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran

What kind of def's were showing ??? i'm getting a K def on some of the clones under my T5 rack & was wondering if i should up the feeds . I'm only at 1.0 to 1.1 EC on clones & under the weeker t5s they're fine ... i put them under the bigger T5 rack & they show a pottasium def .

slowandeasy

Veteran
I use a modified GH 6/9 recipe...with RO water. EC 1.6 max. So I just upped the V+B to 1.6. I am sure my plants can take it. I will let u all know how it goes

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What kind of def's were showing ??? i'm getting a K def on some of the clones under my T5 rack & was wondering if i should up the feeds . I'm only at 1.0 to 1.1 EC on clones & under the weeker t5s they're fine ... i put them under the bigger T5 rack & they show a pottasium def .

Dan, I've found V+B to be a little different when the feed rate is too low - instead of the plant looking like it needs more chow, mine start manifesting different deficiencies. It seems to change with the strain that I'm growing as to what the def looks like, but upping the feed always takes care of it.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dan, I've found V+B to be a little different when the feed rate is too low - instead of the plant looking like it needs more chow, mine start manifesting different deficiencies. It seems to change with the strain that I'm growing as to what the def looks like, but upping the feed always takes care of it.

Thanx brother !!! :thank you:

what strength ya giving them in veg ?
the stronger light seems to be making them want more ... which makes sense if ya think about it ... but not sure how much more ... don't want to burn them . sounds like DH is feeding heavy at 1.8 .... but if its working :dunno:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx brother !!! :thank you:

what strength ya giving them in veg ?
the stronger light seems to be making them want more ... which makes sense if ya think about it ... but not sure how much more ... don't want to burn them . sounds like DH is feeding heavy at 1.8 .... but if its working :dunno:

I've been slowly working up from about .9-1.0 EC to 1.1-1.2 EC. I have tried to keep it to the light side because of the constant feed from the Blumats, but.... Also, I run a couple of varieties that seem to like a little lighter diet, but this go 'round I'm running some Sour Bubble and they seem to want MORE all the time. They kind of remind me of that plant in "Little Shop of Horrors"! I top out at 1.6-1.8 during flowering. I'm not sure that I'd want to hit them that hard in veg, but I might split the difference on the next run.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanx again brother !!!
I upped the dose to 1.5 last night & fed them this morning .... we'll see if that helps .
I'm just worried about a K def showing in my plants in coco . i know the cations are different in coco than in soils or promix .... but i'm not sure how to tell if the balances are out of sinc . i'm using canna coco straight from the bag & never had problems with it .... its all fresh , no reused stuff so its probably in my feeding .

I ran the tap formula and def hit a ceiling I can now get past with the RO formula. I know a few peeps killing it in canna coco and another friend who runs nutrifield coc and dials it as well. I know my frined in Nutrifield hits 1.8. strain, strain, strain..... I'm vegging everything at 1.5 and they all eat it up but in flower I have to adjust shit for every different girl.

next round vegging and finally going in! had some cold ass nights here!
2nluxrd.jpg