What's new

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

Desert Hydro

Veteran
good job as always net. ive been having a few issues but i dont really think its from the v+b. im tired of coco and making the switch back to ebb and grow buckets. with all my issues i cant help but wonder if it was partly due to the ferts or not. i think the addition of silica really tore up my drip lines. ive notice a tremendous amount of white buildup on the blumat lines and i had one clog completely and kill one about a week or two early. another one was saved just in time. i am now habd watering with the blumats still in place.

my room has been less than dialed in as of late with the changing seasons and change of ventilation routes. rh is way low. ive gotten whiteflies and i cant seem to shake them. its a mess in there. i need to get back on track before i lose all faith lol

Desert Hydro

Veteran
so ive got a buddy that used to work in the CO commercial grow room scene and im gonna have him come over and revamp and dial everything in. i will then be conducting a side by side of V+B vs house and garden which is widely considered one of the finest nutrient lines available. i want to keep this as even as possible and see who will do best. the main system will be ebb and grow buckets running house and gardens full line. i will run a couple dwc's of the same strain using ONLY veg + bloom and silica blast to raise ph. i know this wont be a 100% even test since they are two different styles of hydro but i do think this will be close enough to get an idea if v+b can hold its own. im confident it will perform admirably. the only reason im focusing on the h and g's full line is that ive used it many times and am comfortable with it in that style of hydro. i want the v+b to do well to prove to everyone as well as myself that KISS can hold its own. im never content and am always switching things up. if only i could choose one and dial it in i think i would have mastered it by now lol

Desert Hydro

Veteran
same clones off my tsi fly mom. the one in my signature is untrained and untopped. i think they grow best this way. all i am going to do is stake and supporth for max light penetration.

same clones off my tsi fly mom. the one in my signature is untrained and untopped. i think they grow best this way. all i am going to do is stake and supporth for max light penetration.

Cool, I was hoping it was using clones so they are exactly the same...

I was looking at both nute lines and I was really thinking hard about the veg/bloom product until I found Jacks which seemed very similar...

I'm gonna put my bet on the VB... Have you used either before?

Edit: Regarding KISS with maxibloom... I tried it for a week in veg and the plants didn't like it at all, had to use almost 1400ppm to keep them green...

Sorry, I can't see your signature right now... On my phone...

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i have used both now. h and g for many runs and v+b for only one run. the only reason my main focus is on h and g is because i am familiar with them and have used them for many runs. v+b looks promising but i cant risk messing up with a new product that i am not quite familiar with. i know v+b works well. there are many people here with proof of that. even i am having success with it, but i have also had a few issues this run and i just want to figure out what is causing them before i switch completly over.

my v scrog is kicking ass on veg + bloom in coco right now. i bet it will do great in hydro i just wanna check first on a small test run lol

Picture time!! :) If anyone is still watching..

In week 6 now, it wont be long and I'll be chopping. It's getting pretty rank down there now, my filter is barely working, still letting a little smell through but not bad compared to what it's like in the room.

gallery_4568_3425_1288326.jpg

gallery_4568_3425_221832.jpg

gallery_4568_3425_2470760.jpg

gallery_4568_3425_822157.jpg

I'm in soil, 2 600w lights and 1/2 tsp per gallon of V+B lol.. I still haven't bought the EC meter...

Yours look great to man!!

actech

I had bought some maxibloom but hadn't had the chance to use before I saw netprophet and his success with veg+bloom. After seeing his plants I instantly went online and ordered some. I LOVE THIS SHIT! First run with it and also first run in my new hydrofarm megagarden. It dissolves great and my girls are loving this stuff. First time ever that Ive gone thru veg and 3 weeks into 12/12 without ANY nute issues at all. I have 4 old time moonshine x purple urkle from mosca, 1 jackpot royal from alphakronik, 1 deep satellite from fractal, 1 purple wreck from reserva and 1 purple paki from cannabiogen and they all seem to be enjoying veg+bloom equally. Some are more sativa leaning and some more indica and they all look great. No cal-mag needed at all.

Grow4Flow

EC, EC, EC that's the game changer. I'm hitting these with 1.8-2.0EC all day with rockwool , haven't even looked at the ph cuz I know it's 5.9-6.1 all week.

View Image

Hey Net,
I know it is off topic but can you show me how you setup your RW drip system? been wanting to give it a go to Veg my girls in prep for the bucket system. Greatly appreciated.