What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any gym rats or bodybuilders in the house?

ddrew

Veteran
Well I had some gaspari SuperPump 250, Size On and Intra Pro. I put on some Muscle Size and Strength but Got my Shape and hardness back. Not bad for Supplements.
Makes you Train like a Man Possessed.

I don't know about his products, but I was a Big Rich Gaspari Fan, he was years ahead of his time when he competed

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
OFF TOPIC-1st week back after 3 months off and I'm feeling weak as hell! Scary how fast it happens. muscle soreness is off the fucking scale! I'm loving the soreness but my strength has me feeling a bit discouraged. Gonna loose another 10 pounds and get back on that "Barry Bonds" LOL.

ddrew

Veteran
OFF TOPIC-1st week back after 3 months off and I'm feeling weak as hell! Scary how fast it happens. muscle soreness is off the fucking scale! I'm loving the soreness but my strength has me feeling a bit discouraged. Gonna loose another 10 pounds and get back on that "Barry Bonds" LOL.

Couple more weeks it will like you never left.
Coming back always sucks, the weights are very unforgiving.
Muscle takes so long to build, and atrophies so fast when you don't use it.
But once you've put your time in you can take an extended break 1+ years, and usually be right back where you were when you left within 3 months, sometimes the strength takes a touch longer to fully come back.

ddrew

Veteran
You don't think Kai deserves top 3?

I don't know what to think of Kai yet, I need to see more of him.
Huge, but weird IMO, doesn't all seem to flow together right, especially his back.
I'm going to watch the tapes of him again.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just wanted to give a slight update.

I just stepped off the scale, and took a fresh round of measurements, bigger all the way across the board, actually...I'll give the final numbers at the end of the stack, but for now, lets just say, I am at 8% body fat, and just stepped off the scale at 185.4 lbs.

That is up 12lbs in less than a month. Let you know how much of it is true muscle mass in about another 3 weeks after a couple of weeks cut. Anyway, I have to say, I am loving it. For all those that say, 7lbs in a month...not possible, well...I am working as hard as I can to do the impossible!!

dank.Frank

ddrew

Veteran
Just wanted to give a slight update.

I just stepped off the scale, and took a fresh round of measurements, bigger all the way across the board, actually...I'll give the final numbers at the end of the stack, but for now, lets just say, I am at 8% body fat, and just stepped off the scale at 185.4 lbs.

That is up 12lbs in less than a month. Let you know how much of it is true muscle mass in about another 3 weeks after a couple of weeks cut. Anyway, I have to say, I am loving it. For all those that say, 7lbs in a month...not possible, well...I am working as hard as I can to do the impossible!!

dank.Frank

Sounds great Frank, and I'd be happy if you proved me wrong by gaining 7lbs of muscle in a month, hell, I'd probably ask you for some tips, lol.
Keep it up

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I kind of liked Kai's freaky look, it sets him apart from the other slabs of meat up there.
If this was bodybuilding.com dankfrank would post some pics up.
Putting on 12 lbs in less than a month is impressive. Did you eat dirty or was it mostly weight-gainer shakes?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, like I said...I will have no clue of actual gains for until I run a couple of weeks cut. Although, with my bf% still being around 8%....I have dropped body fat and gained weight. Now, I know with Creakic, there is supposed to be less to no retained water, but...we all know the reality behind that...it is creatine, there will be water retention...

But yeah, I too will be baffled to gain that much in a month...I agree with the concept it is impossible...but only in theory...hehehehe....

I can safely estimate, that I will be up at least 3-4 lbs of true lean muscle mass....only time will tell...

dank.Frank

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
So it was mostly water. Well, the body IS mostly water.
But how many calories were u taking in each day? How many grams protein, carbs? Did any of those supps you were taking have a lot of calories in them?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey baba....still on the stack...still dieting. Have another full week of the supplements. And I really have no clue how much is retained water weight at this point in time. I am still a good three weeks out before being able to really make any sort of definitive claims of success or benefit. However, I will say, the biggest difference I notice is in my mental being. I am pretty much pumped and ready to work out 24/7. My mind seems to be geared and vamped to crave the workout. This isn't too obtuse, but for example I spent 2 hours on my legs this evening, and then proceeded to do an hour and a half ab work out. Just over 500 reps with 11 or 12 different exercises....I have been doing this 3x a week. Anywhere from 400-550 reps on average. The other thing I notice, is absolutely ZERO muscle soreness. It seems to be impossible. Now I know they say no pain no gain...but seriously, I can't work hard enough to cause pain....even when I know I should be sore or say I know tomorrow will suck...nope...no pain. So I can say that endurance/stamina and recovery time are all also being affected by the supplements. I DON'T notice any kind of side effects of being edgy or temperamental....which is a plus.

Eating roughly 2800 calories, 280g protein, 380g carbs, 60g fat daily. This has been the outline for roughly just over 3 weeks now. I truly feel fantastic eating this way. Although, trying to eat 4-6 times a day is a bit too time consuming. Feel as if I spend more time counting, planning and cooking/eating than I do working out...but I suppose it is part of a total picture...

ANYWAY....

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And on a side note...I have only been drinking protein shakes once a day. 60g @ 280 calories. 1.5g fat. Not to mention, I have been drinking it mixed with water...

It is more so a post work out staple, than something I use as a gainer....most of my protein is actually taken in through diet. Not taking anything that is actually considered a "weight gainer"...

ddrew

Veteran
, but for example I spent 2 hours on my legs this evening, and then proceeded to do an hour and a half ab work out. Just over 500 reps with 11 or 12 different exercises....I have been doing this 3x a week. Anywhere from 400-550 reps on average.
dank.Frank

That's a lot of stuff Frank.
How often do you train each body part per week?
Just a little comparison between our training.
Legs take me about 45mins start to finish, Quads, hams, and calves.
My ab workout takes maybe 10-15 minutes for the whole thing once a week.
With weight training more is not better.
I hit each bodypart once a week, train 4 on 3 off, and have a grand total of about 5 hours in the gym per week.
But I move much faster in the gym then most people I see, 1.5 minute strict rest between sets on big muscles, and 1 minute between sets on little muscles .

But your making gains, so if it's working for you, then no need to fix it.

ddrew

Veteran
Eating roughly 2800 calories, 280g protein, 380g carbs, 60g fat daily. This has been the outline for roughly just over 3 weeks now. I truly feel fantastic eating this way. Although, trying to eat 4-6 times a day is a bit too time consuming. Feel as if I spend more time counting, planning and cooking/eating than I do working out...but I suppose it is part of a total picture...

ANYWAY....

dank.Frank

If your gram per day numbers are right your coming in a lot closer to 3200 cals a day then 2800, a gram of carbs and a gram of protein each have 4 cals, and a gram of fat has 9 cals.

I shoot for 3500-4000 cals per day just to maintain where I am, if I want to gain I need to bump that to at least 4500 per day.

Hughesy

Can I just Say that Big Jay Cutler is back in da haus. can you fathom the muscularity on the man 2009. far out Human Evolution is upon us. Those Striated thighs man look fully sick.
Stamped his Authority on the stage and took Home the Big bronzed Sandow.

Reclaim the Olympia. Just DID IT.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your gram per day numbers are right your coming in a lot closer to 3200 cals a day then 2800, a gram of carbs and a gram of protein each have 4 cals, and a gram of fat has 9 cals.

I shoot for 3500-4000 cals per day just to maintain where I am, if I want to gain I need to bump that to at least 4500 per day.

I have often times hit about 3000-3100 calories....so like I said, it is a basic format/outline...and I can say I have been hitting those totals within a given margin....I can honestly say, I have a hard time getting that much fat intake in a single day...usually results in adding raw nuts or a tbsp peanut butter to a meal at some point. The other thing, I am usually getting about 280-320 carbs...find it difficult to get the full 380...

I'm not quite sure how it all adds up when you tally it that way...although, I am not really any kind of expert here...lol.

ddrew:

Mon - back, biceps, forearms
Tue - Thighs, gluts, calves, hamstrings, abs
Wed - rest / cardio (jogging)
Thur - chest, abs
Fri - shoulders, triceps
Sat - off
Sun - rest / cardio (cycling, yoga), abs

Now normally, I am in the gym between 1:15 - 2:30 (hours). It really just depends on how much in the mood I am...how much rest time in between sets...what else is going on during outside of a workout...I try to keep a relative short amount of time between sets and usually allow 60-90 seconds at average...

Been using drop sets in every exercise, making sure each muscle group is fully exhausted...

dank.Frank

ddrew

Veteran
I have often times hit about 3000-3100 calories....so like I said, it is a basic format/outline...and I can say I have been hitting those totals within a given margin....

I'm not quite sure how it all adds up when you tally it that way...although, I am not really any kind of expert here...lol.

ddrew:

Mon - back, biceps, forearms
Tue - Thighs, gluts, calves, hamstrings, abs
Wed - rest / cardio (jogging)
Thur - chest, abs
Fri - shoulders, triceps
Sat - off
Sun - rest / cardio (cycling, yoga), abs

Now normally, I am in the gym between 1:15 - 2:30 (hours). It really just depends on how much in the mood I am...how much rest time in between sets...what else is going on during outside of a workout...I try to keep a relative short amount of time between sets and usually allow 60-90 seconds at average...

Been using drop sets in every exercise, making sure each muscle group is fully exhausted...

dank.Frank

Excellent, sounds good to me.
And the bottom line is your gaining.
What more could you ask for?

How many total sets per bodypart?
You do direct glute training??
I have enough of a ghetto booty already from heavy squatting, I'm afraid to think what would happen if I trained glutes directly.
It's already hard to buy pants, what fits me in the waist(28in, i have a micro waist) I can never get my butt and quads into.
I have to get 32's in a loose fit or they will not go on, lol.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey, if you can gain on 3000 kilocalories a day, more power to you. Everyone's different.
You ever watch a Mitsuru bodybuilding video? He always films their meals. Some people are surprised at how (relatively) little Ronnie Coleman eats offseason. Personally I always thought he ate a good amount (4 sizeable meals, fairly clean, plus 2 large protein shakes), but then again I'm not 325 lbs of muscle on a steroid stack...

Big Jay won the Sandow. Didn't think it would happen. I'm happy for him, he's done a lot for bodybuilding. He deserved it.

ddrew

Veteran
Jay looked great, he deserved it.
I'm very surprised at Branch taking second, he was the biggest, best conditioned guy out there, but I didn't think he could place that high with his crap symmetry.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ive heard of Branch before but never really knew much about him. He's missed the last two Olympia's.
I didnt really get a close look at him, so when you say he was the best conditioned, do you mean he had the most striations? And he was dry as a bone, absolutely no water under his skin? Because I think that's an area that Jay sometimes lacks in, especially during pre-judging...