What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any gym rats or bodybuilders in the house?

bobblehead

Veteran
Branch Warren looked ridiculous. Huge and striated all over. Jay looked real good too. Sickly striated quads.

ddrew

Veteran
Ive heard of Branch before but never really knew much about him. He's missed the last two Olympia's.
I didnt really get a close look at him, so when you say he was the best conditioned, do you mean he had the most striations? And he was dry as a bone, absolutely no water under his skin? Because I think that's an area that Jay sometimes lacks in, especially during pre-judging...

Lean, dry, vascular, very full, grainy looking, deep separations.
And all that while looking enormous, arms even looked good.
I was very surprised by Branch.
What did he weigh? I didn't catch the weight on anyone

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I'm going to take that Carrot Top comment as a joke, Toasty. But to be honest, I think it's pretty obvious CT is on some juice. And I dont know, but to me, his face looks really fucked up. Maybe its bad plastic surgery, but if not, that's as good of an excuse as any to NOT do steroids.
Why do u need a diuretic? To pass a piss test? Just drink a lot of water and coffee, after 3 cups of coffee and a gallon of water, your pee will be clear as water...

i need a diuretic to get rid of some excess water under my skin,yeah carrot top looks really freakish these days kinda like a test tube baby mark McGwire and danny Bonaduce created lol

ddrew

Veteran
Hey toasty just go get some over the counter water pills, or one of those European body wraps, both with suck out the subcutaneous water for a couple days without the severe risks associated with prescription diuretics.

Carrot top does not look good at all IMO, not big, very smooth, and WTF is wrong with his face????????

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Actually, I think Carrot Top has recently put on some size. Did a Burger King commercial with Tony Stewart recently. Looks a good 20 lbs heavier than before. Still not 'big' I guess in comparison to some, but I wouldn't say he's small. I'm thinking he wanted to bulk up so people would think twice about mocking him to his face.

picture.php

picture.php

His face just gets weirder and weirder looking over the years. I'm going to place the blame on that to plastic surgery, not anything steroid related...

You know the bodybuilding thread has taken a turn for the worse when we're discussing Carrot Top of all people, but he's a good example of an average dude who's juicing.

so would the water pills do as well as a diuretic,i have to be honest i really hate drinking water but if i do i think im gonna pound some distilled water cause i think my insides are too acidic

forester

Im a very late comer to this thread but like a couple of others I work out more to get that UFC build going on. I dont fight at all but i think a male top level fighter has the optimum body type. There is something evolutionary about it.

Body builders are massive and it is extremely impressive and motivating but in a real world application I think such massve builds have inherant weaknesses, whereas, MMA guys have nothing they dont need and everything they do. Their bodies seem more efficient while also being extremely effective.

Any thoughts on the contrast between the two broad body types?

ddrew

Veteran
Any thoughts on the contrast between the two broad body types?

Uh, if were talking about about speed and flexibility of course the smaller ufc guys are going to come out ahead.
As far as bodybuilders, I've known some severely uncoordinated guys who were huge, and complete wimps.

And some others that were extremely athletic, and moved like cats.
Andy Fiedler (state title holder bodybuilder and world record holding powerlifter) collapsed a guys chest from a single arm open hand push/strike while bouncing at a local bar, that was pretty damn impressive.
Remember Ken Patera and Mr. Shieto?
Two massive wrestlers from the 80's
These guys were in Wisconsin for a show and wanted some McDonald's, so they walked over to MCd from their motel room.
Only the drive thru was open so they just walked up to it, they were refused service for being on foot. So, drunk and angry Shieto throws a huge rock thru MCd's window, and they went back to their hotel room.
Short time later 8 officers showed up at their room to arrest them, well they didn't feel like being arrested and the resulting scuffle sent the majority of the cops to the hospital, one with half the bones in their face broken(that cop retired and had to go to counseling they were so messed up by the expierence)
So you can't always judge a book by it's cover, some BB's I know can barely defend themselves, and others could throw several people around like rag dolls and never even break a sweat.

ddrew

Veteran
so would the water pills do as well as a diuretic,i have to be honest i really hate drinking water but if i do i think im gonna pound some distilled water cause i think my insides are too acidic
Tell me first why your looking to cut water?
The effects of any water depletion you do will only be temporary, you will return to how you are now in just a couple days.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I work out 4 days a week and do cardio 7 days a week.

I bulked up to 194lbs this summer and am cutting down to 180ish. Im at 184.

Eating 7 meals a day.
175 grams P
100-150 grams of Complex C
50-75 grams of F

I take branch chain amino acids, whey and glutamine.

I just got off a 3 week cycle of clenbuterol I know I know. Tisk Tisk.

Getting lean and cut up.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Toasty, do you mean subcutaneous water? Maybe you have too much sodium in your diet. There could be several reasons for why your stomach is bloated...

Bobble, I thought this Olympia was Kai's first? From those videos, he's got rhythm. He could be a gogo dancer if bodybuilding doesnt work out.

Vag, you sure you're taking in enough protein? How'd that clen treat you? Did you gain any muscle mass or did it just lean you out?

Beeka

Yo Baba You obviously have Not seen the Very Gay Pics of Kai in Thong etc for Boys Only Magazines etc. Links from MD forum. You will laugh you will cry you will know shitloads of drugs get these guys into incredible shape.

KaliRush

I have often times hit about 3000-3100 calories....so like I said, it is a basic format/outline...and I can say I have been hitting those totals within a given margin....I can honestly say, I have a hard time getting that much fat intake in a single day...usually results in adding raw nuts or a tbsp peanut butter to a meal at some point. The other thing, I am usually getting about 280-320 carbs...find it difficult to get the full 380...

I'm not quite sure how it all adds up when you tally it that way...although, I am not really any kind of expert here...lol.

ddrew:

Mon - back, biceps, forearms
Tue - Thighs, gluts, calves, hamstrings, abs
Wed - rest / cardio (jogging)
Thur - chest, abs
Fri - shoulders, triceps
Sat - off
Sun - rest / cardio (cycling, yoga), abs

Now normally, I am in the gym between 1:15 - 2:30 (hours). It really just depends on how much in the mood I am...how much rest time in between sets...what else is going on during outside of a workout...I try to keep a relative short amount of time between sets and usually allow 60-90 seconds at average...

Been using drop sets in every exercise, making sure each muscle group is fully exhausted...

dank.Frank

Man that's a lot of time to spend in the gym. Are you sure you're not over exerting yourself? Even though you're getting results, you may get better results but not doing so much.

This is coming from a bodybuilding point of view so if you're doing this for powerlifting, I apologize

For instance

Mon - back, biceps, forearms
Tue - Thighs, gluts, calves, hamstrings, abs
Wed - rest / cardio (jogging)
Thur - chest, abs
Fri - shoulders, triceps
Sat - off
Sun - rest / cardio (cycling, yoga), abs

You should really try to do certain body parts separate from each other so you don't exhaust the muscles prematurely. You're using your bi's when working back so they shouldn't be worked on the same day. You also use your tri's when working your delts.

The key is peak performance with maximum isolation of the muscle. If the muscle has already been worked from a prior exercise, lactic acid has already started to build thus causing a decrease in the performance of the muscle.

my stomach is bloated i dont drink much beer at all so im guessing its succabus water built up

Have you tried probiotics yet? The bloat could be due to improper digestion. I'd try a combo of ginger root and a probiotic like Lactobacillus acidophilus plus add some fiber.

I work out 4 days a week and do cardio 7 days a week.

I bulked up to 194lbs this summer and am cutting down to 180ish. Im at 184.

Eating 7 meals a day.
175 grams P
100-150 grams of Complex C
50-75 grams of F

I take branch chain amino acids, whey and glutamine.

I just got off a 3 week cycle of clenbuterol I know I know. Tisk Tisk.

Getting lean and cut up.

Protein intake should be at least 1g/lbs of body weight.
How many calories are you taking in? An ideal way would be something along the lines of 45% protein 25% carbs and 25% fats.

Clen has recently shown to not be as beneficial as once thought but if you do continue to take it, give at least a good month between the "cycles" for proper recovery. You could add T3 to it to prolong use but then you'd have to be careful of muscle wasting from the T3 so a low dose test cycle added in would be beneficial but I'm not sure how deep you wanna get in the "synthetic" supplementation world

There are many lesser known supps that can really help cut fat from this website
http://www.theafstore.com/home.php

I'd recommend

Glucorell which is alpha lipoic acid
Thermorexin
Cardio Breeze
Sesapure
Yohimburn ES

If you register for their message board, you get a decent discount on most of them. It has by far some of the most knowledgeable people on bodybuilding supplementation and nutrition.

Latest posts

Latest posts