What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Good Stuff on Netflix or Prime

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
New season of the Punisher (Netflix) is out. So far it's really good.

Also, new season of the Grand Tour (Amazon) started on Friday. First episode had some pretty good LOLs.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Birdbox

Birdbox

I wasn’t too interested in this film but my wife really wanted to watch it,,,,
I was wrong,,it’s a very clever movie and John Malcovich is great with
a nice twist at the end,
Sandra Bullock is excellent and a warrior women like Linda Hamilton in the first Terminator movies,,,not a horror in the classic sense but original and well acted and directed,,,,
Favourite new movie of 2019 so far lol,,
Well worth a couple of hours,,,s2:tiphat:

M

MagusMan

a nice twist at the end,
Sandra Bullock is excellent and a warrior women like Linda Hamilton in the first Terminator movies,,,not a horror in the classic sense but original and well acted and directed,,,,

me and the missus watched it other night it was naw bad..
ah was like what she watching noo lol

St. Phatty

a nice twist at the end,

Did you pay $20 for a DVD ?

Tried it on Netflix, it put it in the "Saved"/ Back Burner / maybe next year list.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a really good one:
"The brand new testament"

It's about Jesus' sister EA who can't stand her father, god, and runs away but only after messing with his almighty computer.
hilarious, I very much recommend watching it.
CC

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you pay $20 for a DVD ?

Tried it on Netflix, it put it in the "Saved"/ Back Burner / maybe next year list.

No problem over here in the uk for birdbox,,
Watched that new Niomi Rapace movie called Close,,
It was ok

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Me and the wife just started watching “You” on Netflix. It’s pretty funny. It takes you inside the head of a guy stalking a girl in NYC. His reasoning on why it’s ok to do what he is doing is just crazy but funny at the same time. I thought I was gonna hate it, but so far, one episode in, it’s great! :biglaugh:

Green Squall

Sounds like Netflix Streaming is the answer to a lot of questions.

How much does that cost ?

I think I'd want to get Camtasia set up so I can do screen captures and not pay for every time I watch a movie.

Pretty sure that standard is $10.99 a month, but they're about to raise the price again by a dollar or two. It's well worth it in my opinion.

shithawk420

Veteran
I haven't seen the movie yet but I guess they have this " bird box" challenge were people do stuff blindfolded.this dumb kid was driving blindfolded and got in a wreck.

St. Phatty

We pay $11. They say its going up.

Whoops,

What resolution is it ?

Can they actually send 1920 x 1080 Medium High Def ?

I have a wireless Internet connection with a small transceiver, transmitter receiver thing. It REALLY bogs down when it rains, can't FTP anything, which might be the software.

Anyway, if I could get 1080 res. TV over Netflix, that would be OK.

I pay $16 or $18 or something for the DVD Netflix. I didn't know the streaming was cheaper.

Is there a benchmark I could do to see if my connection is fast enough ?

I downloaded one of the Jim Puplava webcasts over the weekend, 30 MB, takes about 4 minutes.

I thought they charged for every download, because they have to pay royalties.

If it's $11 a month, can I listen to the same episode of Sons of Anarchy 5 times, without paying extra ?

I like playing TV in the background while I sleep. I didn't think you could do that with Netflix streaming.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have the 4k Netflix. It’s like 15 dollars a month. They have certain movies and shows in 4k, hdr, as well as Dolby Vision and Atmos. And when you stream, you can watch whatever as many times as you want...no extra charge.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I have the 4k Netflix. It’s like 15 dollars a month. They have certain movies and shows in 4k, hdr, as well as Dolby Vision and Atmos. And when you stream, you can watch whatever as many times as you want...no extra charge.

Do you have an atmos set up?

St. Phatty

Do people normally use a separate television to watch it or is it common to watch on your computer monitor ?

So the Netflix streaming software is compatible with Windows 7 I hope ?

And would think, Apple maybe even Linux.

SpeedTest FTW !!

1.4 Mbps.

Anyway, not that expensive. Maybe I'll try it.

I'll try the speedtest when it's pouring rain and also when it's sunny. I expect there to be some rain fade.

Latest posts

Latest posts