What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Good Stuff on Netflix or Prime

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Me and the wife just binged the whole first season of True Detective yesterday. It was pretty awesome! Heard season two wasn’t as good...still gonna check it out. Kinda reminded me of The Killing but not as dark. If you guys haven’t watched The Killing, definitely check that out too.

Green Squall

Hey Phatty have you ever seen Virus (1999)? Definitely an underrated movie.

"When the crew of an American tugboat boards an abandoned Russian research vessel, the alien life form aboard regards them as a virus which must be destroyed"

virus1999_film-jamie_lee_curtis_john_bruno-25-1024x435.png

St. Phatty

Hey Phatty have you ever seen Virus (1999)? Definitely an underrated movie.

Nope, haven't seen it.

But added it to my Netflix Queue.

I think Armageddon was one of the best late 90's sci-fi movies.

Very good combination with Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Liv Tyler, Steve Tyler writing the title song, Steve Buscemi, etc.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Murder Mountain was good.

Never did Breaking Bad, up to episode 6 now. Pretty good.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Same here. I quit after two episodes.

Now back and it's pretty good. They keep coming up with better and better Holy Shit moments.

kaochiu

Veteran
Watched that Murder Mountain. It's all strikingly similar to the Alpujarra mountains in southern Granada, Spain, minus the fireguns. Not so many, anyway. Like the good sister of Murder Mountain. Involuntary Homicidal Mountain. Ex-pats, barefoot hippies from Babel, marijuana, isolation, enthusiastic entrepeneurs, 4wheeled cops, the odd chopper and many other details that could amount to spoiler.
As a technical documentary i found it a bit biased and over-dramatized, but well argued, well constructed and well edited, good crescendo that makes it sometimes forget it's a "true facts" thing. But all in all a good insight of the lifestyle of that people for those who never been there. Accuracy of facts questionable for those anyhow involved, but very good as entertainment.

M

MagusMan

Thought Provoking :

The problem today is that there is just too much on film/vid to choose from - I just can't possibly keep up with all that - and if I even tried to - my whole life would be watching movies - and thats where alot of us are at - do we make and star in our own movie (real life) - or do we just watch movies about other peoples lives?

* I have always enjoyed movies - but sometimes I wonder -

i agree 100% we are here to enjoy this experience.and we waste it on distractions like movies and tv. i got the misses to take tv out bedroom and trying to get rid of sitting room tv aswell.i dont even own a phone.i understand watching a movie at the end of the day
but people spend 10hours plus watching tv...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Br Ba...from mild mannered chemistry teacher to bad ass meth king pin. Excellent show! Cinematography alone it's binge worthy!!

St. Phatty

Br Ba...from mild mannered chemistry teacher to bad ass meth king pin. Excellent show! Cinematography alone it's binge worthy!!

I think they did a great job with the ending to Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy.

I think both are sort of epic modern tales, TV versions of other epic stories like Harry Potter or Star Wars.

I think the 2nd or 3rd episode of Breaking Bad where they try to dissolve the body in the metal bathtub should get a Dark Humor Oscar.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
The BB bath tube scene is unforgetible!

I repeat, checked "Better call Saul", it´s now a prequel to BB.

From the middle of the 4th Season, there are some Germans. Sadly I saw it translated in german, it would be interesting in original english, how the accent is?

By the way, the german names in US movies are mostly old fashioned and nobody uses them today.

:tiphat:

EvergreenState

i agree 100% we are here to enjoy this experience.and we waste it on distractions like movies and tv. i got the misses to take tv out bedroom and trying to get rid of sitting room tv aswell.i dont even own a phone.i understand watching a movie at the end of the day
but people spend 10hours plus watching tv...
It's the not the tv that's the problem, although it is a direct line to the Matrix. Buy, buy, buy! The problem is the mind numbing, soul crushing, hyper stressful jobs we have to work just to survive and the hyper stressful lives we lead. By the end of the day, after the commuting, dealing with bosses, fellow coworkers, worrying about if we are going to get laid off, the rising prices, the stagnant to sinking wages, ever rising taxes, maybe problems with the wife, kids, maybe you have health issues on top of all the other junk, maybe the car is acting up etc. etc., all you want is distraction. Most people are fried out, stressed out zombies by 7pm. That's the real problem!
This is a site where people talk, write and think about stuff that gets you high you know. Talk about distraction. Many times getting high and watching the tube is a very good distraction. If some people watch a lot of tv, well that's their business.

M

MagusMan

hi EvergreenState i agree it is anyones right too watch tv.for me i hate tv and find its a waste of life spending hours in front of tv i would rather go for a walk meet up with friends
for a smoke.i agree with you tv is a sales pitch with buy consume and obey...fuck em i do what i want.do you no what i mean just my take on tv.
i was just replying too a comment that i read.and giving my 2cents just like you are doing to my comment its all good just my opinion.i dont have any stress with my life at the moment so maybe thats why i am not interested in distraction.i smoke too think it lets me see myself good and the bad

St. Phatty

It's the not the tv that's the problem, although it is a direct line to the Matrix. Buy, buy, buy! The problem is the mind numbing, soul crushing, hyper stressful jobs we have to work just to survive and the hyper stressful lives we lead. By the end of the day, after the commuting, dealing with bosses, fellow coworkers, worrying about if we are going to get laid off, the rising prices, the stagnant to sinking wages, ever rising taxes, maybe problems with the wife, kids, maybe you have health issues on top of all the other junk, maybe the car is acting up etc. etc., all you want is distraction. Most people are fried out, stressed out zombies by 7pm. That's the real problem!

Yes, exactly.

People talk about "Prison Camps" in the US.

Being chained to a corporate job so you can pay your debt ... it's kind of an out-patient prison. The prison is in the suburbs.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Yes, exactly.
People talk about "Prison Camps" in the US.

I'm not sure if you meant it this way, but this is more of an American thing. In the US it's more like live to work and in Europe (not so much UK) it's work to live. Americans work to make their payments for things they couldn't wait to buy. In Europe most people only borrow money to buy a house. The car and all the other stuff is paid with money saved.

They are chained to these "things".

Latest posts

Latest posts