What's new

Alec Baldwin to be charged with involuntary manslaughter over “Rust” death

shithawk420

Veteran
do you (or anyone else) abstain from alcohol or drugs for a day or so before driving, handling a firearm, etc ? nobody that i know does. you -do- drink, don't you? :unsure:
well if i remember right she didnt show up because she got wasted and this chit storm happened. She was a young kid with no experience. ive never let drugs and alcohol prevent me from doing a job. big dangerous jobs. Im not saying wether she was responsible for the death or not. im saying she had no business there to begin with. seems not one intelligent responsible person was on the whole set at all

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Fact of the matter is that somebody died - and guns don't usually shoot themselves - so someone pulled the trigger - that fired the bullet - that killed someone else - and it doesn't look to be any sort of premeditated/planned murder - more like an involuntary manslaughter - someone wasn't paying enough attention to save someone else's life -

Ca++

well if i remember right she didnt show up because she got wasted and this chit storm happened. She was a young kid with no experience. ive never let drugs and alcohol prevent me from doing a job. big dangerous jobs. Im not saying wether she was responsible for the death or not. im saying she had no business there to begin with. seems not one intelligent responsible person was on the whole set at all
They did have experience though. You and I can't go and do that job. They were investigated, and there is now no interest in them. Ergo, They did do their job properly.

You seem bruised, but this is a closed chapter of the story. They are trying to pin the blame elsewhere. Possession of the gun, wasn't taken through controlled channels. A system we can safely presume, he knew of. He seems to know he can't use the defense of it being someone else, so has tried to say the gun was faulty. A gun, that during police testing, actually broke. Though broke in what way, isn't being said. The number of experts saying it must of been cocked, isn't clearly the number of experts that have actually seen the very gun in question. There is still room to read between the lines. Lines that must be more defined, before any judgement can be made,

armedoldhippy

Veteran
not one intelligent responsible person was on the whole set at all
no one in a position to stop what was happening. telling the boss "NO!" is rarely a good career move. you are correct. :shucks::frown:
While a discussion is not a debate, the nuances are lost on many.

Just say it's Alec Baldwin's fault and nobody else's.

It's probably easier.
doing the "easier" thing is seldom the correct thing. :(

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I was thinking out loud and now I'm supposed to be a gunsmith that doesn't have a clue.

I know the difference between a cartridge and a cap and ball and a flintlock musket... and stated such multiple times.

Taking a few classes doesn't make me a smith, but the knowledge is basic.

It's frustrating that I can't say cap and ball can be discharged without a trigger pull and not have people act like it isn't true while acting like it's me who isn't educated.

Then it snowballs into me believing Alec Baldwin didn't pull the trigger when I have stated that he probably did and he is probably lying about it.

Unbelievable that people hear what they want to but that doesn't stop it from being true.

It's just easier to dumb it all the way down to the dumbest point without digging any deeper into that think-tank... at least from my perspective.

There's a few people that understand the possibility of culpability by multiple individuals and I will be reading about their thoughts.

I just wanted to go in record as: "Yep Alec Baldwin pulled the trigger, end of story."

Now I can get back to discussion and avoid the libel.

:tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
They did have experience though. You and I can't go and do that job. They were investigated, and there is now no interest in them. Ergo, They did do their job properly.

You seem bruised, but this is a closed chapter of the story. They are trying to pin the blame elsewhere. Possession of the gun, wasn't taken through controlled channels. A system we can safely presume, he knew of. He seems to know he can't use the defense of it being someone else, so has tried to say the gun was faulty. A gun, that during police testing, actually broke. Though broke in what way, isn't being said. The number of experts saying it must of been cocked, isn't clearly the number of experts that have actually seen the very gun in question. There is still room to read between the lines. Lines that must be more defined, before any judgement can be made,
Yeah this really seems like an experienced capable person.you guys are fuking nuts you know that? No wonder this world is going to shit

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Armorers don't kill people... guns that don't kill people in the hands of killer people kill people, or at the very least producers do.

This is a very informative thread.

Ca++

Oh you nearly got me, but I caught the fact this is 6 months ago. At that time, Alec wasn't being charged, and they were trying to blame her. The coke bit is just slander without any proof. She was being fitted up. The prosecutors themselves wrote how there were real problems with what they were doing. It's all there in your clip.
Getting with the program, 6 months on, Alec is the one now charged, not her. It didn't stick. You are out of date.

Ca++

I decided to read an American newspaper. As I'm otherwise blind, beyond what's written here.

Both Alec and the girl were in court for this. Alec said he didn't fire it, he was just holding it. This left the girl as the only one responsible for it going off. Alec had the charged dropped. The girl however, is still due up on the 21st of Feb.
Meanwhile, the girls case moving forward, leads to the guns reassembly after it got broke. It is now we hear the gun didn't just go off, after she had it, and he moved it. We now know he actually fired it. This material difference, is why he is now back in court. He is the one who completed the final act now. Not her.
Her case will be interesting, as while someone died, she is a link in the chain, which should of had more checks done, after her part in it. It seems accepted as gun safety 101, that you don't point one, without checking. You certainly don't fire one. Alec was the assistant director, and as such responsible for all aspects of safety on set. Shifting the blame, is looking very hard. However, 12 people ave to all say guilty. It only takes one shithawk to let him walk. The posts here are very much proof, that all 12 won't agree.
Armourers exist in the army/navy and while they could hand over something wrong, the responsibility is realise this is also handed over. They can't have responsibility for what the next person does. This girl shot nobody. However, they did find live and blank rounds were present, and not well segregated. She's sacked.

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh you nearly got me, but I caught the fact this is 6 months ago. At that time, Alec wasn't being charged, and they were trying to blame her. The coke bit is just slander without any proof. She was being fitted up. The prosecutors themselves wrote how there were real problems with what they were doing. It's all there in your clip.
Getting with the program, 6 months on, Alec is the one now charged, not her. It didn't stick. You are out of date.
Doesnt mean it didnt happen. I got no idea why you guys are so quick to defend this stupid kid.i have no doubt theres was lots of drugs and alcohol on the set. im done here. Either way she probably wont have that job again so im partially satisfied