What's new

Alec Baldwin to be charged with involuntary manslaughter over “Rust” death

NewbOldster

Do you feel anything for Mr. Baldwin and his family or is he just one of those stupid people?
Everybody loses in this situation. I've never heard anyone call Baldwin stupid, but he was, quite obviously, incorrectly handling the revolver and it discharged, killing a lady.

And he's in denial of the fact. Wants to blame others, in fact.

That denotes an arrogant, self-serving lowlife, but not necessarily stupidity.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Funny how the people with the most posts in this thread are the ones who claim a lot of experience........ to the point of being a smith yet plainly show their lack of knowledge with nearly every post.
😆
If Baldwin's lucky he will get you as his jury cuz you all don't know shit about Pietta made 1873 revolvers.
Start here then move on the the metallurgical results and test results for the firearm in question.

"In August 2022, FBI forensic testing and investigation of the firearm determined the Pietta . 45 Long Colt Single Action Army revolver could not have been fired without a trigger pull from a quarter cocked, half-cocked, or fully cocked hammer position."
That quote if from a actual group of certified smiths in regard to the exact firearm used.

I never argued that the 1873 Pietta was able to fire without a trigger pull.

You should probably get your facts straight instead of slandering and acting like a little kid.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That would be the point at which it discharged and sent a projectile into the body of a human being.
It didn't do that by itself, though...no "instrument of death" does.

We're back at the beginning...

Not surprised.

It's going to happen every time someone simplifies a complex situation.

Some guns have gone off on their own.

I'm not saying anything except the truth.

I will reiterate that I believe that Mr. Baldwin willingly discharged the weapon.

The armorer seems to be in a position for a reason.

shithawk420

Veteran
i heard the armorers daddy got her the job. if youve seen her she doesnt look competent enough to handle weapons.just putting that out there. I dont think we have enough facts yet to draw a solid conclusion. Everyone on the set is probably lying about something

Last edited:

Ca++

Oh I got it... I'm just thinking there's an entire Hollywood of a data set :D
Oh indeed.
I'm wondering the date this discussion will get some answers. I bet the case won't be over in an hour, and might give us a few days to mull over the facts.

I'm interested in the armourers responsibilities regarding the safe storage of weapons when not under their control. We hear they should be locked away, and there was a safe. I suggest that the upper management must also have access though. The set can't stop production if the armourer is off sick. Another must be found, and so the key/combination be shared. It seems the armourer has already had the charges against them dropped. So while I don't know the chain of command regarding storage, it seems the law is happy she complied.

This really does leave Alec taking the gun from an unauthorised source, and firing it. The courts will be told it couldn't go off by mistake, so they will belive he pulled the trigger. He can point to the many safeguards in place, such as the existance of live rounds being outlawed. However, the one binding fact, is he didn't get the gun from the recognised armourer. So he is exhibiting blind trust. In a situation where he knows he shouldn't. The gun wasn't known to be safe. Yet he used it.

Edit: It's like me being handed a gun, and shooting someone. Then saying I didn't think it was real, because guns are not legal here in the UK.
It is still a gun, and I would probably point such a good looking fake at the ground, to see that is was a fake. As you just never know. The fact is shouldn't be there, doesn't mean it can't be.

Last edited:

Ca++

All he can really do, is try to act dumb about the armourers purpose. To say that he was always handed guns to use, and that was simply normal. That he doesn't recognise that there is only one person that can hand them over. I suggest his signed contracts as an actor, have at some point legally binded him to this procedure. Hence trying to blame the gun, not his acquisition of the firearm. As saying he didn't know, isn't good enough.

Ca++

yeah, i'd like to see those regs in print too...
Unfortunately, I don't think there are any regs. Just guidelines.

In AU, the gun is presented with the confirmation it is clear. The actor must then also check and confirm it's clear, before the two part company. Then upon return to the armourer, it is again checked to be clear. That is checks at every handover of an empty gun.
Add in blanks, and the crew should be behind protective screens.
The buck stops at the assistant director. He must employ the right people, such as a licenced armourer and a safety officer. It is their set though, and what happens, is their problem. They would need to prove they didn't allow the guns out without the armourer present. Also that all on set had a firearm induction, from the armourer.

I wouldn't think the US version is that different. Though it has been altered since this latest death. So perhaps wasn't as adequate as it should be. I did read the changes, which were mostly to add clarity. Not an real change in handling procedures. The article was only about the changes, but we should be able to conclude from that, that most of the guidelines were as good as the AU one's.

In the UK, we probably use computers to add the pops and bangs. We certainly do in a lot of our shows. Even blank firers at sports events, can be bluetooth transmitters and a boom-box

shithawk420

Veteran
i wonder what that would look like ? :unsure: looks can be (and usually are) deceiving. you'd think that folks (fukin' potheads!) that had been labeled over their appearances would be leery of doing so themselves. and THAT is what you'd get for thinking...
ive seen her pics. she looks like an irresponsible kid. im usually not wrong. if it walks like a duck quacks like a duck....

shithawk420

Veteran
and she might well be. but there is no way in hell you can tell that from a photograph. biased much?
im pretty sure i saw her partying drinking beer the day before it happened. if you think thats acceptable i dont know what to tell you. lets just give everyone the benefit of the doubt until chit like this happens.got no idea why yu guys are so tolerant of dumb people. especially dumb kids

Ca++

Well that's it then
iu

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
im pretty sure i saw her partying drinking beer the day before it happened. if you think thats acceptable i dont know what to tell you. lets just give everyone the benefit of the doubt until chit like this happens.got no idea why yu guys are so tolerant of dumb people. especially dumb kids
See my 2 threads on the scam happening around the world, dumb people support each other to try and make it normal so they don't have to admit they are dumb.

Ca++

See my 2 threads on the scam happening around the world, dumb people support each other to try and make it normal so they don't have to admit they are dumb.
My daughter is trying to get me to play along. Except it's fat people, not thick ones. I was thinking how the waitress could of done that to herself recently, as the daughter comments she's pretty. Which is her insecurity, trying to get support from me.

Well I could see why some of the menu items were out of stock.

Latest posts

Latest posts