What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AK-48 in Asian jungle

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
So...I went up to my old grow spot in the woods today. It appears nobody's been up there; everything I'd left up there is still there, and the ferns have taken over the worn out patches I created by walking around.

I had two small pots up there that I use for germing. I filled them with peat and perlite and watered them well. I planted 3 seeds in one pot, and 4 in the other. I'll be back up there on Monday to give 'em another watering. Some of the good things about living in the tropics are: 1. no frost and 2. winter crops that flower immediately! :)

pics will follow if and when there's something to take pictures of..heh

Last edited:

PrinceOfPersia

Lucky one!
U may have the 2 season of grows , but here in denmark where its cold as damn, we got much longer days during summer = bigger yield-

But u make sure to get some pics when u visit that spot, its thnx.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Yeah long days must definitely help. Our sunlight is 3x more intense though :D I'll be sure to take pics once they come up.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
haha..yeah you northern guys get some real monsters. I had some 11 footers this year, but they only yielded about 1 lb each because they were leggy sativas.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
PrinceOfPersia said:
Lucky one!
U may have the 2 season of grows , but here in denmark where its cold as damn, we got much longer days during summer = bigger yield-

But u make sure to get some pics when u visit that spot, its thnx.

salaam prince of persia,

so this is how nature balances things out, for us in the tropics we can plant anytime we want, but in the southern or nothern hemispheres the yields are bigger so allows harvest to last through those times there are no grow seasons. la natura :joint:

paz

Fast Pine

PVR...that was a great way of putting things into perspective..
Natures balance reaches soooooo far. Its beautiful. :wave:
Thanks...

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
As would I sm0ke. The balance of nature is a beautiful thing! I can always increase my yields by putting more plants out ;)

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Went and checked on em today. Didn't look too good. On one of the pots, 3 seeds were sitting on top of the soil..unopened and completely dry. I think they came up when I gave em an extra splash of water before heading off for home. it was also crawling with tiny ants!? fungus gnats? nah, they looked like red ants.. the other one looked better, but it had some mold on it. i stuck em under a plant for shade. wouldn't want em to dry out. hopefully the ones that floated to the top didn't start to germ and then die. guess i'll have to wait n see.

I then did something I might regret later. I opened up a fresh pack of Sensi Seeds Hindu Kush and dropped in another 5 seeds; 3 in one and 2 in the other. I hope I get something from the 12 seeds I've planted out there...eep. I have to get something going. I also planted 2 more Kush seeds at home. Hopefully these ones will fare better. Once they're up and at least 4-5" tall, I'll take em out to the spot. I really dislike walking around with plants on me though..lol

Last edited:
G

im hopin those hindu kush seeds pop for ya man. im just curious, don't takle this in a bad way, do you not believe in germing seeds or starting them in a different medium?

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I have very good results with sowing directly in peat and perlite. I find the wet napkin method ends up in seeds drying out, getting moldy or dying when transplanted into medium. I often get 100% germ rates indoors if I use fresh 'soil' with good Dutch seed. In my 10 years of growing, I've found directly sowing in the medium is the best way for me.

Outdoors in the jungle, I don't get results as good, but for security reasons, I prefer to germ outdoors. I don't wanna waste any more seeds though, so if I have to pop em indoors, I will. Whatever works for you I guess. :) I'm about 100% sure both Kush seeds planted at home will be up in a few days..

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Thanks Thai! Well, I got too busy to go check on 'em. 12 seeds down the drain. They've probably dried out by now. I'll check on them tomorrow.

The 3 I planted at home fared better. 2 popped after a week + of sitting in the peat. They still haven't raised their heads up, but they have tap roots...I can't believe how long these Kush seeds take. I've had Indian sativas take 2 weeks, though, so I shouldn't be surprised...

Last edited:
I have tried a few "kushes" and apparently its the male side of the kush which slows down the growth etc,.....that info came from the flying dutchman a few years back as i was growing "Pot of Gold" and the male side of the plant is a kush, and boy they took a long time to get going.
3-4 weeks veg for a 12 inch plant :0( & that was on NFT.
I have just finished some Hindu Kush over here at 13N/100E and to be honest i think it was a little to warm and humid for a plant that comes from the Northern parts of India.
Mind you it went Purple even in this heat,...outdoors.

Sorry to here about the loss of your seeds, pm me dude as i might have something for you which i have collected and is worth a go....resembles Kali Mist/western winds and originates from the lao/cambodian/thai borders, and naturally does well we were are.

Peace

TF

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
You know TF, you offered me that strain before and it sounds absolutely scrumptious, but I don't have a safe address right now :( Your excitement about that Lao strain just makes me want it even more. Thanks for your offer, and as soon as I'm ready, I'll let you know. I agree with you about the Kush, too...it's too warm in South-East Asia. I'm a fair ways further North than you, though, so it's quite dry in the winter here. I'd hate to get mold..

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Well, out of 5 Hindu Kush seeds planted at home, I only got one plant. I planted two more in fresh soil to see if it might have been something in the soil that was causing such shitty germ rates. I also planted two Durga Mata (Paradise) seeds just now. The soil I just picked up has always given me 95% or better germ rates, so let's see what happens.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Well, it's been a few days since my last post. I planted an Afghani seed from Homegrown Fantaseeds yesterday. I found some grey mold growing on one of the Hindu Kush seeds I planted 3-4 days ago. I washed it off the seed as best as I could. I then watered all the other seeds (5 in total now) with a dilute hydrogen peroxide solution. let's see if I get any sprouts.

Here's my sole Hindu Kush plant. I hope it's a female...lol

Tirs

hey whats up glock why don't you pop some pure sats where you are thatd be one hell of a show :D