What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AK-48 in Asian jungle

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Hey Thai! Everything's good on this end. Got a nice surprise this morning. My first Rezdog Sour Mist seed never popped. I planted two more a week ago. I found a nice Sour Mist sprout this morning! :) Hopefully there'll be a Jamaican Pearl sprout tomorrow or Tuesday.

The plants at the spot are pretty small, and the Durga Mata I have out there is a twisted little thing. I'll take pics of my tiny little plants on Sunday, but I was really waiting to take pics when they got to 6" or so...they were under a lot of light stress in the beginning of their lives, so they're not growing at their best. This last batch of plants should fare substantially better because they've been vegged under CFL 24/0.

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Here are the pics I promised you guys!

This is a Homegrown Fantaseeds Afghani seedling. It's been under CFL for about a week and damn, is it ever vigorous. Huge leaves! There's a Rezdog Sour Mist next to it. Took a week to germ.

The Durga Mata (very slow) is on the left. On the right we have Sensi's Hindu Kush. Both of these plants are growing very slowly. I attribute this to the amount of stress they went through as seedlings. They weren't given constant light and this really messed them up.

This is Homegrown Fantaseeds Afghani. The one at the back is substantially bigger, and it's also two weeks younger. Go figure. From now on, I will always veg under CFL.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I moved out a foot-high Afghani, a 5" Jamaican Pearl and a 6" Sour Mist. The Hindu Kush and the Durga Mata are still stunted, but flowering (both female!). I might get a few grams off 'em so I'm leaving 'em as is for now. Gave all the plants a good dose of fish emulsion, kelp and high P bat guano as well.

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
looking good glock.. nice strain selection as well.. good luck!

PS: i wouldnt suggest 2 plants in one container.. but if thats strictly needed..

peace

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Hey Wamen! Since we're already on 12/12 and I have such large containers (10 gallons), I figured they have plenty of room to finish in since I don't expect them to get more than a foot or two high. :)

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
So...they're doing really well. The Afghanis are around a foot to 1 1/2 feet high each. the Hindu Kush is flowering at about 8". Durga Mata is a female, as is the Jamaican Pearl. Still waiting on sex for the 3 Afghanis (the tallest looks male) and the Sour Mist. I have two or three empty pots up there too, so I might start some more plants while I'm at it...

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
glock man! growing some goodies i see :D :joint:
what else are u gonna grow? some psychedelic asian sativas?
peace!

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Some Cambodians would be nice huh? I just smoked some Cambodian bud I had lying around. Been hitting my glass bubbler all day. The Cambo seeds are quite old, but I might be able to get a couple to sprout. Worth a shot, right?

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
heck yes, worth a shot for sure! i am germinating a bunch of very old bagseed atm, who knows what grows out of them :D much peace bro!

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Well, I didn't get around to germing any seeds today OR visiting my grow. Smoked myself silly though!

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Well, I finally have some pics to show. Out of 7 plants, I have 5 girls! The two males were both Afghani. All the other plants have preflowers or the start of buds. Some of the male flowers on the largest and tallest plant opened. I'm looking forward to some Homegrown Fantaseeds Afghani x Durga Mata, Afghani x Sensi's Hindu Kush, Afghani x Sour Mist and Afghani x Jamaican Pearl! :)

Here are some pics...

First off, Homegrown Fantaseeds Afghani. There's a chopped down male at the bottom, and the female is at the top right. There's a male Affie on the left. I chopped it down right after this pic was taken.

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Here's the top of the larger Afghani male. Sorry for my lack of skills!

Here's the top of the Afghani female...

Three little girls. Hindu Kush in the back, Durga Mata to the left, Jamaican Pearl on the right.

Finally..Rezdog Sour Mist :)

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
They've really shot up in the last week. I've been very impressed by the Afghani and Jamaican Pearl. The Sour Mist is doing quite well too. I'm all for vegging indoors under 24/7 before moving seedlings out now.

With the exception of the Hindu Kush, all the plants are between 12" and 18". I hit them with kelp and high P Indonesian bat guano today. There's been a lot of rain recently. I'll give them a lot more P when I feed them next (maybe next weekend). I know they look small, but these are 10 gallon grow bags (except for the one which the SM is in, which is only 5 gallons).

Last edited:

kush07

That Pearl should be some really nice smoke bro. I had some HK growing tat didn't turn out too well. Let me know how yours does.

Happy Toking :bandit:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Thanks guys! I wanna go feed 'em, but it's been raining like a bitch. Maybe tomorrow.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Hey man, to get your cam to focus right push the button half way down for a sec with what you want directally in the middle.. you should hear it focus then push it the rest of the way and take the pic with a steady hand, try to follow through and dont move it till its well taken.

Also, the farther away you take the pic the more will generaly be in focus.

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Thanks Deft, I'll try and stay as steady as possible. Often difficult because of the steep mountain I have to climb to get to my girls.

Bad news today...it's been really humid. The Durga Mata was totally rotten. I removed it. The Afghani female had rootrot and budrot, but I managed to harvest 4-5 grams (wet) off her. The Hindu Kush looked about done, so I took the top off it (maybe 3 grams wet) and left the bottom to reveg. It already appeared to have been revegging..lots of freakish leaves. It's slightly over 12/12 right now.

The Jamaican Pearl and the Sour Mist, on the other hand, are doing really well. The Sour Mist looks like it might well be the heaviest yielder. Hit them with a good dose of guano and kelp today. I find the guano and kelp leads to really sweet, stinky buds. I'm hoping to get at least a couple of ounces off of them. I'll start some more sativas and skunks soon. It's far too humid here for indicas. Don't know what I was thinking.

That being said...it's nice to have some fresh indica bud, even if it's just a little. My place REEKS :D

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
The Afghani is amazing. It smells more like Kush than I thought. I thought it would be garlicky, but instead it's sweet (not fruity) and hashy/kushy. It's quite couchlocky, and it made conversation difficult. It's good shit!

I found three mature seeds in the top bud so far, so that replaces the three out of four plants that made it from seed. Two were males. The seeds I made are actually fatter than the ones I got from Homegrown Fantaseeds!

I took some pics, but my battery was low and they weren't really in focus. I'll try and take some better ones today.

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I planted three Federation Hawaiian Sativa seeds today. This strain is no longer available, but it has legendary potency and lots of people want to grow it. Hopefully I'll be able to make some seeds and hybrids (if any of them pop, since they're at least two years old. Got them in a trade on OG).